Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
scopx

Keystone 344 J owner

My reason for joining this group is to hopefully glean some info on how to pull- and probably replace water heater on a 2008 344 J 5th wheel. Will post different thread on that.
General information:
Tow vehicle: have 7.3 Ford (Banks boosted) (Int) 2500 8800pound (now)with 4:10 and E4OD. The Everest was placed in RV park by seller as tow vehicle at the ranch in different part of state. At later time did choose another spot in park and used tow vehicle above while it still had 3:55 differential. It did not like either the 3:55 or the weight of the Keystone, but got job done. Could see the handwriting and now have purchased a "pig in an poke" 5 speed manual dually 1 ton.
A anticipated, engine was blown, so will swap out the engine from the Auto and install in the manual dually. When down, will make the conversion from 2 piece flywheel to single type which suspect is failing also. This came equipped with 4:10.
This will be the 3rd vehicle and the 3rd engine the Banks has been on through the years. The engine failures have been either my fault or bad engine design (split valve on 6.9).
BTW, when switched from 3:55 to 4:10, mileage jumped dramatically when not pulling.
Am not into electronically controlled engines as not smart enough to sort out all sensors and controls (nor have the patience), so all my stuff is old IDI. And getting too old to work on all this stuff.
Have a bucket list (wish) to build either a NASA Pro racer (American Iron class), or Whelen NASCAR (Super Stock class) which has 3 tracks in Texas. And have some of basic components on hand, and shop and equipment but unable to swing all building,heavy lifting and financing solo. And also getting farther behind on "to do" priorities mandated by spouse. So fun stuff is out until all other accomplished. Everyone tells me I won't live long enough to finish already underway projects. Which reminds me, I want to build a portable bandsaw mill. lol
Tom
scopx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Hello and welcome aboard. Mmmmm, sounds like way too much work. If you want to live a long life, get your wife's TO DO list competed first, THEN you might get to go out and play. However, we both know that as soon as one TO DO list is finished, there is always another one to take its place. "A man's work is never done."

Better go, my wife has a piece of paper in her hand.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

scopx, I'll keep it short since it seems you have plenty to do .... So ... Welcome to the forum and good luck with those Honey-dos, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote