Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
old racer

325 SRX Heating and Cooling question

While using the AC in our 325 SRX, the thermostat does not appear to shut the AC off once it reaches temp. Also just recently, we found ourselves having to use the furnace at night while in Northern Wi. As soon as the furnace starts, the AC fan also stars running, and does not shut off. The furnace seems to cycle on and off Ok if you shut the breaker off for the AC. Have never had this issue with any other Rv we have owned.
old racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
smiller

Sounds to me like you may have a wiring error in your thermostat(?) The A/C should shut off when it reaches the setpoint (or you manually move the setpoint up high to test), unless you have the fan on 'on' instead of 'auto' in which case the fan will run all the time. And of course the A/C fan should not run when the furnace is on (again, if the fan is set to 'auto.')
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
dave-g

set the fan to auto you will be fine.

I set my fan to low and it will run continuous. My son who sleeps in the bunk over the garage does not like the fan to go on and off. He says it wakes him up.

but in auto it will cycle with a call for a/c
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote