Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
Tom & Faye

Galley table crashed in to motorcycle!

We have a Raptor RP21FB TT toyhauler --used it for the first time to haul the motorcycle. There is a double bunk above the cargo bay where the dinette table slides in to the lower bunk (so that it can be stowed or used to complete a bed for the lower bunk). This dinette table fell out of its slot and on to the motorcycle enroute to Acadia National Park in Maine. Nothing else in the camper was dislodged, not even the motorcycle. The galley table fell out of its stowed position and damaged the motorcycle gas tank and slightly bent the table leg--which now doesn't sit on levelly on the floor of the camper. Has anyone else had this particular problem happen to them or report it as a warranty issue?? We are just sick about the damage that our brand new toyhauler has caused to our "toy" and it has put a huge damper on our vacation. Don't know how to handle this when returning home.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
dave-g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom & Faye View Post
We have a Raptor RP21FB TT toyhauler --used it for the first time to haul the motorcycle. There is a double bunk above the cargo bay where the dinette table slides in to the lower bunk (so that it can be stowed or used to complete a bed for the lower bunk). This dinette table fell out of its slot and on to the motorcycle enroute to Acadia National Park in Maine. Nothing else in the camper was dislodged, not even the motorcycle. The galley table fell out of its stowed position and damaged the motorcycle gas tank and slightly bent the table leg--which now doesn't sit on levelly on the floor of the camper. Has anyone else had this particular problem happen to them or report it as a warranty issue?? We are just sick about the damage that our brand new toyhauler has caused to our "toy" and it has put a huge damper on our vacation. Don't know how to handle this when returning home.
I would guess the dealer will not do a thing. But I would call your insurance company (rv) and your motorcycle insurance. You may be able to make a claim through them.

I just made my 1st trip and suffered my 1st damage. A ding in the garage door. [
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:44 AM   #3
Retired CSIGuy

Unhappy "Crunch!"

You m/c insurance should cover the damage to the bike. Yor T/H repair might be a diff story unless it's still under warranty....unless you can show a defective part caused it to fall. A letter from an attorney usually cures the reluctant dealer problem, but that'll usually cost you a Bejnamin or two to get a letter....but hey $200 bucks to an attorney is better that $1200.00 bucks to the dealer if it works.
Retired CSIGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
Me.Bikes.Dogs

Ouch! That hurts big time! Would you be able to use a couple of tie-down straps in the future to secure the table to the bunk, wrapping it all the way around the bunk?

In my early hauling days I had my bike fall a few times before I figured out the best way to secure it. Hurts to see those dings and scratches but it all goes away when I'm out on the road on it.
2004 Harley Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide (for fun), 1 dog (great company)

Me.Bikes.Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:37 PM   #5
Str8shooter

The table in our Raptor 300MP fell out a few months ago but on our bicycles with only minor damage. To prevent this from happening again I clamp the table to the aluminum rails it sits on. I use a 4" Handi Clamp like the one in the following Home Depot link, the first clamp on the fifth row down:

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardw...|b|14362258653

Works for us. Good luck.

Rick & Carol
16k Pullrite SuperGlide w/SuperRails
2011 Polaris Ranger XP 800
Str8shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #6
strokendiesel002

Wish I'd have read this!

The first trip I took I left my tailgate on the floor of the garage... there was only one instance of heavy braking. That was enough to encourage the table (who I thought was safely tucked in the bunks) to introduce itself to my tailgate
strokendiesel002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #7
Donegal Bill

Table flew out also on my 2012 395LEV

I had the same problem..Table was secured with the provided plastic straps with the snaps...It slid out and bounced off the floor and it received a huge chip on the formica, and my brand new Polaris Ranger Crew soft top ripped through.. The dealer replaced the table but now I use a couple of large bungees to secure it in place...And after 8,000 miles..Not one problem. And the people at the Polaris dealership replaced the top (under their 1 year warrantee) Crap happens, but the Keystone people should recognize a problem here, and put better straps on it.
2012 Polaris Ranger 500 EFI Crew
Donegal Bill is offline   Reply With Quote