Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2014, 05:18 PM   #1
Jabber2Jake

Thumbs down New tires at Discount Tires... messed up

Just got new tires mounted at Discount Tires. They said they would jack trailer at springs. Instead, they put four floor jacks, one under each axle right in back of the brake drum. Well, as I drove home, my brake controller (Prodigy) showed the "S/H" icon.
So, I've got a short. Obviously they crimped the brake wires.
Just a word of warning. Now I've got to crawl under and check out the four areas and hopefully only need electrical tape, or worse will have to solder the wires. Anyone have a similar experience?
Jabber2Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:03 PM   #2
theasphaltrv'er

Good Evening;
Never had them squish any brake wires but, the few times I've had dealer put on new tires, I tell em where to put their jacks to jack up each tire. Learned that many moons ago as the first time the moron was going to put it under the center of the axle and jack up both sides at the same time. So now I just tell em whether they know where to place it or not. Got keep your eye on them.
Life is fantastic & gettin
better every day
theasphaltrv'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:41 AM   #3
galax83061

I just had tires put on my trailer. They did take off all wheels at the same time and thankfully they did not mess my wires up. I was pretty leary of them using all those floor jacks at once. But they did not hurt my wires thankfully.
galax83061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:47 AM   #4
WaltBennett

Interestingly enough, when I put a Dexter wet bolt kit on our Monty last year, the instructions said to jack each axle in the center - even had a picture. I opted to jack each wheel at the spring as that didn't make any sense to me.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote