Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
garrettwood

Outback Sydney 32FRLDS

Hello RV'ers.. I've been looking over floor plans and like the 32FRLDS. We've had a couple of fivers over the years so this would not be the first, but none were Keystone models.

Seeking feedback on the 32FRLDS if you have owned one or know them well. 2008 model is what I have my eye on at the moment. or general comments on Outback Sydney's of that vintage.

Cheers !
garrettwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #2
therink

I owned a 2010 Sydney 329fbh and now own a 2013 Sydney 340fbh. I liked by 2010 and like my 2013 even better. The Sydney line is considered mid range in price point and is considered a mid height fifth wheel meaning it does not have a drop down frame in the front with full basement storage. With that said I have had issues with both units rright out of factory but nothing major. For the most part I feel they have been decent trailer for the $.
There looks to be big differences between the 2008 and 2010 such as filon front cap versus solid fiberglass and white steel wheels versus aluminum. The rest is probably decor differences.
I would be leary of the filon front cap. Keystone has had a lot of delamination issues of front cap in that era caused by water intrusion or bad glue. You really need to pay attention to that. As with any RV that is 6 years old, it is only as good as it was maintained. Do yourself a favor and take a look at the PDI checklist available in this forum. You should look at every one of these items before making an offer (dont skimp here.) Also if the brakes, wheel bearings and tires are over 2-3 years old, plan on replacing them right away. You have no idea how they were maintained and are so vital to safe and uneventful towing.
Hopefully this unit is good and clean. Good luck

I forgot to mention, the one thing I Definately did not like about my 2010 was the crappy floor construction. The main are floor flexed terribly and was one of the reason I traded it. The floor in my 2013 is solid. Not sure about 2008 floor construction, check that out.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:27 AM   #3
garrettwood

Thanks Steve ! Good info and the PDI checklist is really helpful. The filon front cap issues was something that I wasn't aware of and have started reading up on that as well. Sounds like there's been a lot of heartburn over it. I'm trying to find out if the 2008 model has it or not.. Keystone sent me a 2007 Sydney brochure and filon is mentioned in the specs.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:01 AM   #4
KanTC

Garrett,

Here's some additional brochures that may help when comparing any changes, based on the FW's actual manufacture date.

2008 Keystone Sydney Brochure (dated Jan 2008)
http://www.arrowheadcampers.com/img/...ydney_2008.pdf

2009 Keystone Sydney Brochure (dated Dec 2008)
http://petesrv.com/products/info/pdf...y-brochure.pdf

And, btw, welcome to the forum.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:09 AM   #5
garrettwood

Thank You Terri ! That's very helpful while I research.. Much appreciated..

Happy Trails.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:36 AM   #6
garrettwood

Well, based on the info in hand and viewing Sydney FW models on the net, it looks like the Fiberglass Cap w/ Hitch Vision was introduced sometime in 2008.. I see some units listed as 2008 that have it and other 2008 models that are minus the Hitch Vision and appear to be the Filon Caps.. The coach I'm viewing on net looks like the Filon type..

This is good to know.. Personally, I really like the floor plan and white cabinets just don't want to get sucked into known problems. Sounds like I need a later 2008 or 2009 to get into the newer style front cap.

Thanks again !