Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2014, 11:34 PM   #1
DonA

Exclamation Gray and black water pulls

I just bought a new 2014 Keystone Montana 5th wheel with the front living room. We have just taken it out for the first trip and are unable to locate the pulls for the black and gray water tanks.
I have read the manual which is no help. One size fits all?
We can see the sink galley pull It is the only one.
Is there another galley pull for the gray water from the shower etc.
I need help my gray water tank is full!
DonA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:49 PM   #2
FullTimeTim

My 2014 Avalanche has a compartment near the storage area on the outside that contains the pull valves for the black and gray water tanks. Doing a small google search, the pics for a Montana show that it is the same idea.... Any idea what I'm talking about?
Old 01-16-2014, 11:50 PM   #3
FullTimeTim

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about.... I think I attached it properly...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	montanavalves.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	4842  
Old 01-17-2014, 12:24 AM   #4
DonA

Thanks for the photo but I don't have those pulls in my model.

Two pulls outside, 1 for sink galley and the other is at the sewer, release valve, nothing anywhere else visible.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:25 AM   #5
SAABDOCTOR

HI there is a small compartment on the road side (left) just pas the rear wheel. it is about 10-12" hatch open that and look straight in there should be 3 pulls grey (galley) on the left black in the center Gray shower/washer dryer if equipped. hopefully they are labled correctly which still seems to be a keystone joke this said i assume you have a fl 3750. Enjoy the camper we love ours. i just looked at your profile and i see it's a 3750 the same as ours.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:45 AM   #6
Fred_Greene

tank value pulls

The pulls to dump your tanks should be located in the convenience center on the outside of the Montana. Looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	convenience center.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	4844
Fred_Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:56 PM   #7
DonA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABDOCTOR View Post
HI there is a small compartment on the road side (left) just pas the rear wheel. it is about 10-12" hatch open that and look straight in there should be 3 pulls grey (galley) on the left black in the center Gray shower/washer dryer if equipped. hopefully they are labled correctly which still seems to be a keystone joke this said i assume you have a fl 3750. Enjoy the camper we love ours. i just looked at your profile and i see it's a 3750 the same as ours.
Barney, thanks for the info. It is in where you put your sewer hose bottom center.
We called Keystone spoke to Lisa at Customer Service, she argued with us about where it should be. She got a blueprint and still couldn't tell us where it was. She put us on hold and never came back. I personally have a 5 minute time limit on holds and then I hang up. We also called here in Vegas Keystone dealers and they were going off a 2010 model. The manual is "one size fits all" We finally got back a hold of this morning from the dealer we bought it from in Utah and went directly to their service department. The service gentleman said he would go to the lot, find another one and make sure that we have the correct information. He called back 15 minutes later with the info and was helpful on a couple other questions we had. This gentleman should be promoted to customer service at Keystone, because he knew what he was talking about and when he didn't, he found out. A rare commodity these days.

Oh, by the way we love ours too! We traded in our '06 Montana that we took to Alaska with our Grandkids this past summer for graduating high school. When they first saw this they wanted to go again in the new one. Sorry if this is too much information but thank you for help.

Maybe we'll meet down the road. Have fun with yours and we will with ours.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #8
tileman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonA View Post
I just bought a new 2014 Keystone Montana 5th wheel with the front living room. We have just taken it out for the first trip and are unable to locate the pulls for the black and gray water tanks.
I have read the manual which is no help. One size fits all?
We can see the sink galley pull It is the only one.
Is there another galley pull for the gray water from the shower etc.
I need help my gray water tank is full!
If you got this new the dealer did not show you this at the time of delivery.

When we got or 2012 fuzion it was a good 2 hour walk around.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:54 PM   #9
DonA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tileman View Post
If you got this new the dealer did not show you this at the time of delivery.

When we got or 2012 fuzion it was a good 2 hour walk around.
We had a 1.5 hour walk around, a lot to remember. The funny thing is after we found out where the pulls were we remembered that we were shown it but we never remember, it MY BAD! a lot of BS for NO reason again my bad……. getting older really sucks.
Thanks
Old 01-18-2014, 05:43 AM   #10
tileman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonA View Post
We had a 1.5 hour walk around, a lot to remember. The funny thing is after we found out where the pulls were we remembered that we were shown it but we never remember, it MY BAD! a lot of BS for NO reason again my bad……. getting older really sucks.
Thanks

Yea I hear you any more if I do not take a pic of it or write down well
Glad you found them and also to the site
Old 01-19-2014, 03:17 AM   #11
WaltBennett

Not positive about your model and year, but most Montana's have the galley gate pull handle coming through the frame somewhere near the tires on the street side. On ours, it's almost impossible to reach unless the galley slide is in. It's also hard to find as it's black along with the frame, underbelly and everything else! Some older ones had it sticking vertically down from the underbelly, but I think they stopped doing that.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:00 PM   #12
Pmedic4

Gray and Black Water valves

Hey, did the same thing. An hour and 1/2 walk through, and just forgot about the 2nd GW valve. We don't have the fancier Montana control panel, and 2 underbelly outside valves were easy to see, while the 3rd ( 2nd GW) value was hidden up on the frame, right in front of the wheels, and the black handle was right next to the frame so it was almost invisible.
This old man crawled everywhere under that 5ver to find that sucker!

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote