Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
MichiganMarty

Plugged the A/Cond Ducts up today

The Wife noticed water dripping from the A/Cond vent in the ceiling of the garage. That was due to excess humidity in the garage and our precious cool A/C air pushing back there.

I plugged the duct so no A/C would go past the ceiling vent over the loft. Hopefully this will help cool the living area by not wasting cool air on the garage!

Then I plugged the duct past the vent over the upstairs master bedroom. I have read the foil tape comes loose on the end of the duct allowing A/C air to blow into the attic.
2006 Raptor 3712TS on top of a Hensley BD3 Trailer Saver
MichiganMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
randy69

Your plugged air ducts

I also pluged the air ducts going to the bedroom. But did it at the main air registry. And also plug just one air duct above the main tv. So it force more To the loft bed and garage. We have 2nd air already in master bedroom.
361 lev raptor
randy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
MichiganMarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy69 View Post
I also pluged the air ducts going to the bedroom. But did it at the main air registry. And also plug just one air duct above the main tv. So it force more To the loft bed and garage. We have 2nd air already in master bedroom.
361 lev raptor
Interesting. We have only two ceiling vents in the main part of the trailer, one in the front bedroom, the other over the loft. The one oddball was the one in the garage.
2006 Raptor 3712TS on top of a Hensley BD3 Trailer Saver
MichiganMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
randy69

Smile Celling vents

Our Units are very close to being the same length. What I have is 1 in the bedroom 1 at the top end of couch close to stairway and 1 above the tv 1 in the loft and 1 in the garage. Total of 5. But when you remove the main air Inside cover off the ceiling. You will see two air ducts, One feeding above couch and bedroom. The other feeding above tv,loft and garage. I plugged one main air duct going to couch and bedroom.And one vent above television. The only duct being used loft and garage total of 2 vents. The rest at the main unit has 3 directional vents. And I also have 2 ceiling fan type vents one in the loft and one in the garage. And use to have one in the bedroom. But have 2nd air unit in there.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #5
golfpro

are you sure you want to do that. restricting the air flow might not be good for the unit. they are designed to move x amount of air and if they don't they shorten their life span. same with a RV furnaces.
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #6
randy69

Air Ducts

At the main air regestry, Half is inlet and other is return cold air with 3 directional vents. One air duct supplying two additional vents in the loft and garage. Even though I get a little more back there it still isn't great. But the main unit vents are doing much better. And yes I have used duct tape everywhere were it could or can leak out, Above the ceiling. I think the cfm isn't there for all the vents. I believe thats why these size fifth wheels come wired for the 2nd ac unit. Keystone must know, In very hot areas in the world, One ac is not going to do the job. Still not happy with garage wish I had a unit on top of that. But I'm wired for only 50 amps.