Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #1
rbev2308

Montana 3791RD

Just heard feedback from a dealer and seen in today's rv business report that Montana has launched a rear den similar to the front livings. The goal, to increase exterior storage with the elevated rear den. There is one pic out there. Wonder if anyone has any other gouge on this like overall specs (length/weight) and what is the target date for release. Build sheets have not made it to my Dealer as of yet!

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2014/09/ke...at-open-house/
rbev2308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:59 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

It looks like a unique floorplan, but I wonder how "usable" or "accessible" the pass through storage would be under the "elevated den"? With our current slide, it's a definite hassle pulling the gray waste tank handle, I'm thinking that getting into the pass through with the slides extended will be "less than convenient". It may have "more storage" but when it's hard to get to, it's not a benefit.

Also, having to climb steps all the time on both ends of the RV ???? Now that's one for any "retired couple" LOL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 03:31 AM   #3
rbev2308

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
It looks like a unique floorplan, but I wonder how "usable" or "accessible" the pass through storage would be under the "elevated den"? With our current slide, it's a definite hassle pulling the gray waste tank handle, I'm thinking that getting into the pass through with the slides extended will be "less than convenient". It may have "more storage" but when it's hard to get to, it's not a benefit.

Also, having to climb steps all the time on both ends of the RV ???? Now that's one for any "retired couple" LOL
I agree. In looking at upgrading from TT to 5er, I am down to a couple of MFR's and this being one, is appealing. I got the idea from Open Range who has an elevated rear on their Mesa Ridge/Roamer line that is a front living. They took the exterior storage to 200CF which is nearly 4 times as much as your traditional setup. They did this by opening the rear end up and you can literally place 4 kayaks in there. The key to this was only using a wardrobe slide so you still had great one side access and the opposite with slide was ok. Not sure how they will pull any of this off with two big slides. Maybe the rear end access only..Plus these 50 yr old knees are almost shot after 30 yrs of walking up and down ladders on Navy ships so those 3 extra steps may not be to my liking..Bad enough to have 4 to get inside!!!
rbev2308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
grayghost03

I agree with the knees had better be in good shape for this floor plan. Not for me, or my wife.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:52 PM   #5
Yosemitebob

It's hard to tell in the picture, but it looks like the roofline has been leveled out as well. This has a potential of easier leaks in the seams of the roof as the water may tend to pool easier. Just thinking out loud.
1800 / 3600 inverter with auto transfer switch,
The bosses: My wife and two Labradoddles 80 lbs each
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote