Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2014, 11:20 AM   #1
alliejadon

Floor vents for heating

I have a question about the floor vents and the amount of air coming out of them. My 2 vents in the main part of the trailer have lots of hot air coming out when heater is on. What I have noticed is the vent in the bedroom and bathroom have very little air coming out. Is this normal or should I be checking this out? Would be nice to be able to heat both the back rooms the same. I hope this is not a repeat post. I am trying real hard not to do that. Sorry if it is. Still a newbee. Thanks
alliejadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliejadon View Post
I have a question about the floor vents and the amount of air coming out of them. My 2 vents in the main part of the trailer have lots of hot air coming out when heater is on. What I have noticed is the vent in the bedroom and bathroom have very little air coming out. Is this normal or should I be checking this out? Would be nice to be able to heat both the back rooms the same. I hope this is not a repeat post. I am trying real hard not to do that. Sorry if it is. Still a newbee. Thanks
I would suggest using the search function and search for FURNACE and you will find a few threads out there with related info such as air flow registers et.

Think all of us have the same problem and deal with it differently. The actual furnace is located in different places for each trailer. Vents closer to the furnace will have more air coming out of them than those further away from the actual furnace. I personally have covered a portion of certain registers hoping to redirect move air flow to the others. Having said that there have been reports that some ducts have been pinched or in some cases excess duct was coiled in the belly both restricting air flow. Think there is a post out there from one of the moderators that stated that hold a paper towel should be blowing around about 2 ' from floor. Do not quote me if you read the references I am sure you will find it
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:59 AM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Your question has been asked a number of times previously on the forum. There are some steps that you can take to try to improve the flow of air to the bedroom.

1) Replace any non-louvered vents you have with ones that have adjustable louvers. That way, you can more control over the amount of air coming out of each vent. Close off the one(s) closest to the furnace which might allow more warm air to flow to the vents farthest away.

2) Check the ductwork along the runs to see if any are pinched or kinked. Straighten any that are or replace the thin, flexible ducts with rigid aluminum ones.

3) Check the furnace plenums to make sure that they are properly hooked up to the ducts and that ones that are not being used are closed and not punched out.

You should also learn to use the forum's Search feature. Knowing how to use this valuable tool will help you find information on the forum. Many common questions that members ask have been answered many times before and are there - you just have to look for them by using the Search feature.

The "cold upper bedroom" question has been asked numerous times, for example; and solutions to this issue have been previously posted.

If, after first using the Search feature, you can't find what you are looking for, then by all means, come back here and ask.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:10 PM   #4
bsmith0404

what everyone else said....additionally, remember that your bathroom and bedroom are smaller than your main part of the camper. If they had the same airflow they would heat much faster and get uncomfortable. The first question is do they get enough heat or are they cold in comparison? If they get warm enough don't bother with them.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:25 PM   #5
alliejadon

cold bedroom and bath

Thank you all for your help. I will try the seach feature. Thank you for leting me know about that one. Again...thanks to everyones comments.
alliejadon is offline   Reply With Quote