Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #1
RedRover

Remote Control

Having a problem making the outside switch work for the landing gear. The remote works fine so I am not in too much trouble. Do I turn something on/off to make it work correctly?
2014 Cougar 313RLI
RedRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:58 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If the battery remote cutoff is turned off, it may affect the outside switch. Some are wired that way to keep kids/vandals from being able to use the switch. Also, the 30 amp inline fuse from the motor to the battery may be blown. Follow the pink wire from the landing gear motor into the wire loom and you'll find the inline fuse holder. Check that fuse. On most it's a 30 amp, on some it's a 40 amp.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:36 PM   #3
Albert

Had the same problem with mine last year. The remote worked everything, however the switch for landing gear would not. Traced it to the 30 amp blow fuse.

Found out that if I overextended the landing gear the fuse would blow every time.

Good luck
Old 03-19-2014, 03:15 PM   #4
RedRover

Both of you guys were correct, 30 amp fuse blown, just as you suggested.
It would have taken me a long time to track down that fault, not to mention the anguish. Thanks to the both of you for your prompt and accurate replies.
The checks are in the mail.
RedRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:16 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Glad it wasn't anything more serious

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:15 PM   #6
denverpilot

They make 30 amp breakers with automatic reset that fit a standard fuse holder, with the cover removed. A number of folks have recommended them to me for the landing gear fuse. That said, a box of assorted range fuses was on sale at Harbor Freight one weekend for $3. There's 10 30A fuses in the box, besides all other common sizes. The little fuse box now lives in the 5er.