Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #21
concours

We did think that we may need a second AC but after doing some work sealing up the poorly installed AC it works fine now even in the hot summer temps over 38 Celsius. The big problem was that the foam dam that seals the hot and cold side of the AC had large unsealed areas causing the AC unit to partially freeze. Take the time to remove the inside vent cover you may be surprised at what you see
Mor/Ryde XFactor and Wet Bolts
1982 BMW R100
concours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #22
Bill & Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosnowman View Post
I just purchased a 2014 Cougar 327RES that is pre-wired in the bedroom for a second air conditioner.

Do you really need a second air conditioner? I would think one would be sufficient or am I missing something? I traded in a Keystone Bullet that I had cool as a freezer when camping....is a fifth wheel that different?
You don't use both rooms normally at the same time. In the daytime I just cover up the vents in he bed room with stick on magnets and clear Plexiglas. Then in the evening I do the reverse and cover the vents in he kitchen and living room. Works perfectly.

Bill
Pullrite Superglide 15K Hitch
Bill & Deb is offline   Reply With Quote