Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2019, 05:45 AM   #1
amg55driver

Anyone here has Crossfire Bullet TT?

Hello, we are excited to join you all with 2018 Crossfire Bullet TT.

If you have one, and would like to share your thoughts about the product quality etc, please chime in!

Thanks!
amg55driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:22 PM   #2
08quadram

We have a Bullet, just not the Crossfire. Had it just a month. So far, it's been a great trailer. Nicer than our Passport.
1-wife / 1-dog / 2-kids
08quadram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:33 AM   #3
danf

I don't have the crossfire, but a 2016 248rks.

These things are made in the cheapest way possible. Part of that is due to keeping cost down and keeping the trailer light. Otherwise, it's just cutting corners.

My biggest beef is with the floor. I'm starting a floor project at the end of August. Evidently one of the roof vents leaked and the water dripped onto the floor and then seeped into the floor via the screw holes for the door threshold. A little caulking here could have prevented this. Other than that the floor construction is just beyond pathetic.

I had some mouse problems that were caused by the mouse door. I replaced that with a socket and cord system. And once I eliminated the mouse door, I had problems with mice chewing through the coroplast. I had to pull back some of the coroplast in order to track down the mice problem. In doing that I discovered that there were water lines laying across heating ducts thereby closing off half the flow in the ducts. All they had to do was either route the water lines differently or use a pipe hanger to avoid this. I really wasn't impressed. I also wasn't impressed with how they cut floor holes for water lines. Three or four inch hole for a half inch line. Once mice get into the coroplast (the basement) they can get into the entire camper.

I had to replace the toilet valve as it started leaking. The last time I hooked up city water, the connection inside the camper where the back side of connector connects to the water line came apart enough to leak water in the camper. It was just loosely connected.

I'm looking at replacing the motor for the awning now as it isn't retracting well.

So that's what I've been dealing with. I don't think these are any different from other light weight trailers at the same price point.
danf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 08:53 AM   #4
SteveC

2020 Bullet Crossfire 1700BH

I have the new bullet crossfire and so far we love the camper.
SteveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 04:29 AM   #5
Rambo

we've had 2 crossfires an 18 ft. and a 22 ft. one had a window on the back resealed. and one had the flooring bubble up in front of the door. currently have a bullet 248 rks and no problems after a year.
Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 10:22 AM   #6
Pico

Light weight travel trailer

I have Bullet 257Rss 2019
2 things
Roof plywood 1/8’´ very cheap I have to whatch trust to walk on, insulation on roof is very thin 2’´ aprox
Pico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:07 PM   #7
danf

If you want to walk on the roof on the bullet, lay down a plank or two to span across frame members. Don't try to just stand on the frame. It's only luan. You can pull off the dress cover for the roof vent to see what's up there. It's 4 screws and they don't caulk the inside. Probably a good idea to do this every so often to check for leaks.
danf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet