Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Notices

Old 09-17-2019, 09:34 AM   #31
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agdodge4x4 View Post
Iím not really into paying techs for stuff like this unless itís warranty and free. Repairing stuff that is unfamiliar is not a fear of mine. We have enough internet and YouTube to become more competent than the techs that work on just about anything. Truly, in todayís world, we are limited by costs of tools and possibly skill for technical things. The knowledge is free.

Anyway, for less than the cost of diagnosis, I replaced the regulator and pigtails. I have leak tested it.

The water heater fired up with one click of the electronic ignition. Also, the stove now passes propane where it didnít before. Based on how it now runs, I suspect the regulator slowly died and I did not realize it. It used to fire up immediately. Then it fired up after a few tries.....then not at all. Lol.

The repair took about an hour and that was because I was leak testing. Could have done this on the road but the risk vs reward wasnít worth it. I donít want to play with propane with my fellow campers nearby. But at home I can park it 300í from anything and test all I want.
I feel exactly the same way!
I don't think the techs are any smarter than you or I, just more experience!
With all the internet information available today, we can now benefit from their experience for free & with color pictures.

travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:40 AM   #32
sourdough
Site Team

I've watched dealership techs google how to do a repair and go from it, so, we have that same opportunity.

As far as LP regulators, I was reading a post the other day from one of our members saying he carried a spare regulator with him all time. I had never thought of having one in my spare box but one will be here tomorrow. I've had one fail and replacement is simple and straightforward and doesn't take 30 minutes to do...so might as well have one of them too.

sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, led