Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2019, 07:04 PM   #1
RossT

Texas Coast

Headed to Galveston Island this summer, planning to stay at Jamaica Beach RV resort. Anyone have other RV park recommendations before I make reservations?
RossT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:27 PM   #2
Old Mustanger

Don't think you will find too many any better than Jamaica Beach, however there is a State Park right along the beach you may want to check out.
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:32 PM   #3
roadglide

Will be rock port tex it's about the ride if weather permits. Your less then 400 miles up the coast from new Orleans that's our next stop .
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:49 AM   #4
Mikendebbie

Galveston

There is a park downtown virtually on the beach where we intend to stay next time. We stayed at a place farther south than Jamaica beach last time and it was just too far away from town for us. It was nice. Jamaica beach looks nice but for us - it is farther away from town than we want to be. There was another place between Jamaica and civilization maybe called del Ray (?) our friends liked it. If you want lots of beach time the one downtown or del Ray or even the state park. Our kids are grown and gone so we do antiquing and restaurants - not so much at the beach as we used to do.
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:14 AM   #5
ken56

We always stay on the Bolivar Peninsula and take the ferry across to visit Galveston. Its quieter. We stay at Bolivar Peninsula RV park, Its not fancy with no amenities but it is affordable. They are a Passport America and Good Sam park. Full hookup sites are grass but will accommodate all lengths and types of rigs. We stayed there last fall and the worst thing was the roads needed graded.

Jamaica Beech is probably the nicest park in the area with paved pads and the location can't be more convenient. You won't regret staying there I'm sure. Now, for a great dinner go to Gaidos Seafood restaurant right on Seawall Blvd. Top notch everything from steaks to seafood. For dessert have their bread pudding. One piece is large enough to share. It is TDF, and I am not a big fan of bread pudding but my wife loves it and I can attest that it is that good. Enjoy Galveston.
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:06 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

I've not stayed at that resort but it looks nice. Also doesn't look to be "too" far from town.

Had friends from MI stay there (I believe the same resort) on their way to winter with us in FL and they really liked it - especially the proximity to the water. Went to visit their daughter. They had 2 young grandsons and I suggested they take them to the Rain Forest Café in town. They did and they said the children loved it. If you have kids you might want to try it out as well. If you can, try to go after sundown and let them see the "volcano" erupt with all the fire, smoke and roar
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 07:08 PM   #7
gearhead

If you want pretty green water, hope for "sweet south east" wind. If it's out of any quadrant of the west it will be muddy.
Otherwise have a great time. Gaido's has been there forever. From back in the days when Galveston was famous for gentlemen's entertainment and open gambling.
If you're over on the Bolivar side you may try Stingaree Marina for a meal. Either downstairs, or up on the deck with a view of the ICW and East Bay.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote