Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
04z71

Angry mike thompsons and keystone a joke

so i decided to purchase a new springdale after about a month of (wrong) research. after being jerked around by the dealer i just wanted it to be over already (pull the trigger and end the suffering) since that day i have not heard a peep from them or keystone

First day :fuse blew out for the slide

First week: electric stabilizer jack in the rear driver side folded down. passenger side front jack is pinched

Second week (first actual trip) propane smell by the tanks
cabinet door screws that mount to the cabinet are striped

End of trip (dumping) my great friends provided a supply box with the trailer with a waste hose. This Awesome bunch of folks unfortunately decided to forget the actual fitting that locks the hose to the trailer............thanks guys

Thank you the guys behind me that let me use there hose

As of today

4 weeks to get it in and it still may not be covered

Anyone have another solution besides getting an attorney?

Thank you
Old 09-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
labs4life

You say it might not be covered?? I assume you are referring to warranty.

Sounds like you got yourself a real winner for a dealer!! I bought a new trailer last Christmas and I never heard from Keystone. I did hear from my dealer and they also fixed the few items that were on my list. They also did so very promptly!!

Sorry for your troubles.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
04z71

They said that the electric jacks bent because the vehicle was not level.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
halfprice

I got mine from Mike Thompson in La Mirada. Great experience with the sales crew. Did some mods and went to their parts department to get some matching wall board. Walked away with what I needed and they didn't charge me.

I know it can be frustrating having a new trailer and problems. Hopefully they work out soon and you can start camping.

Jerry

2008 Keystone Springdale 242FWRLSSR 5th wheel
2011 Chevy 2500 6.0 gas
16K Super Glide Sliding Hitch
Old 09-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
GaryWT

Hopefully the dealer will come through for you. We had trouble once with a new trailer. Dropped it off after the first trip with a list of 8-10 things and told them when my next trip was. Everything was fixed and no money out of my pocket. Had to use a manual jack as one of my motors twisted off and that was covered. Good luck.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #6
04z71

oh ya i forgot to mention. since i live in whittier i went to the santa fe springs location. However since they had there no price change sale, they had crew from all there locations lottering there. lucky me i got a crew member from colton. Nice guy (my problem was with the colton finacing dept)
so i had to drive to colton and take trade in there and pick up new one there

Maybe if i worked completely with sante fe springs this would be different

Yay
Old 09-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
halfprice

I went to one of their sales and would never go back. THe wife and I went to look at the different models. Sales people were nice but hard core heavy sales pitch. They called me for months after the sale. Went back on a weekend just to look around and found what we wanted. Done deal or hassles.

Looks like we're neighbors!!!

I guess I spoke wrong. Santa Fe Springs is correct not La Mirada.

Jerry

2008 Keystone Springdale 242FWRLSSR 5th wheel
2011 Chevy 2500 6.0 gas
16K Super Glide Sliding Hitch
Old 09-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #8
Woodsrider

It astonishes me, all the complaints about quality on this board, and Keystone is still rated as one of the top 3 manufacturers.
Between these boards and my neighbor's issues with his 212 Bullet, I am beginning to think I have one of the very few Keystone trailers ever manufactured that doesn't have any issues.

I feel for all of you out there that are dealing with poor quality and bad customer support.

2003 Silverado 4wd Xcab 2500HD Duramax
2014 Bullet 230BHSWE
Old 09-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrider View Post
It astonishes me, all the complaints about quality on this board, and Keystone is still rated as one of the top 3 manufacturers.
Between these boards and my neighbor's issues with his 212 Bullet, I am beginning to think I have one of the very few Keystone trailers ever manufactured that doesn't have any issues.
I feel for all of you out there that are dealing with poor quality and bad customer support.
No, Woodsrider, you aren't the only one with no problems. We just bought a 2014 Cougar XLite fifth wheel and after two extended trips and over 4000 miles of towing (about 5 weeks of living in it) I still can't find anything to take it back to the dealership for repair. Everything is working as it should and I've got no complaints at all. Welcome to the "satisfied users" club.... There are more of us than you'd imagine. Most simply are too busy enjoying their Keystone RV to have time to even comment on here......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 09-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #10
x96mnn

04z71

Sorry to hear about your issues. 99.9% of jack issues are new user related which makes it tough but a dealer worth their salt would replace them.

Woodsrider

I am one of the ones with luck too although I have to state I see no more complaints on keystone then any other products on other sites.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:57 AM   #11
EricLynnAllison

I'm sorry that some of you have had problems, but I've got 15,000 mi. and 157 nights after 2 years in my Raptor and the only major problem I've had is the Towmax tires. I couldn't be more pleased.
Previous 1973 Coleman Popup
Old 09-26-2013, 06:00 AM   #12
SAABDOCTOR

Me 4 haven't had any real issues. sorry to hear about your problems hope the dealer comes through.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
Old 09-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #13
fred1609

Same with us...no complaints. We have a 2011 327RES and other than a couple of minor issues after the first trip, which were fixed promptly and at no cost, there haven't been any major issues. This year I replaced the convertor which I thought was a little odd that it failed after only 2 1/2 years but that's not a keystone manufactured item. We take month long trips during the summer and smaller ones during the fall and spring so the unit does see a lot of use. I am going to replace the OE tires next year though. I have found over the years that when reviewing a product I'm thinking of buying I find that the majority of reviews are negative. Generally people want to vent when there has been a bad product or customer servicer experience. that's often what you see, the negative review. there are not a lot of positive reviews posted because those people are content and move on with their lives. I noticed this difference after checking Consumers Reports, which we subscribe too. Some of the highest rated appliances were not well rated by consumers. How do you explain that? Same thing for RVparkreviews. Same campsite but you can have two totally opposite reviews. I think its all in the expectation and tolerance of the customer. For me having to replace a convertor was no big deal. Took time to go buy one and about 20 minutes to replace the old one. To another person it might be an end of day scenario where they are first ignoring the dimming lights thinking it will go away, then posting about the problem, complaining about Keystone, calling out the dealer. Fretting and whining for days and weeks and then after getting the thing replaced complain about the price to install. Others see the problem and move forward and others sit on the curb and wait for someone to help them. Ok I've kind of gone of topic. I really like our unit and have been very happy with our dealer who we drop by from time to time and visit.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #14
audio1der

First day :fuse blew out for the slide

First week: electric stabilizer jack in the rear driver side folded down. passenger side front jack is pinched

Second week (first actual trip) propane smell by the tanks
cabinet door screws that mount to the cabinet are striped

End of trip (dumping) my great friends provided a supply box with the trailer with a waste hose. This Awesome bunch of folks unfortunately decided to forget the actual fitting that locks the hose to the trailer............thanks guys

Thank you the guys behind me that let me use there hose

As of today

4 weeks to get it in and it still may not be covered

Anyone have another solution besides getting an attorney?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O4z71 -

-Did replacing the slide fuse fix the problem?
-What is the current status of the stab jacks?
-Did you check the propane bottles to make sure the connections were tight?
-For the stripped screws, the dealer should provide some support. There are DIY solutions such as a good quality adhesive and a couple toothpicks per stripped hole but that is a last resort.
-IMO the hose fitting is your responsibility to check before you go. You got a free hose; that's great! The fitting should cost $3 to add.
-this time of year is very busy with winterizing and whatnot; should the dealer drop other service appointments which also had to wait their turn to deal with yours?
I just don't see why you're so upset so soon, maybe I'm missing something.
It's nice to see some positive responses here- many of use have little things which need attention here or there, but we work through them. We're VERY happy with our low-end Passport.
2012 Ram 1500 Sport crew cab, Hemi, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, factory brake controller, S&B CAI w/scoop, Moroso air/oil can, 87mm ported/polished/knife-edged throttle body, Magnaflow exhaust, 180* t-stat, Rear lowered 2", Airlift 1000.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #15
tileman

Hate to say this but the (getting an attorney) will cost more then fixing the RV at lest here it dose.

We had our fuzion a few months and had to get the whole roof replaced.
You can see my post here on it. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7832
Also try a diff dealer if your not happy with this one.

We take our dodge 3500 to a dealer that's 60 miles one way because of great service and work the one here in town 20 miles for us I would not take a kids bike to be fixed by them.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #16
zuley

Not to diminish or take away from the OP and the frustration he is feeling I'd like to offer my thoughts if I may. Whether it be this board or any other board specific to the various manufactures there will always be people unsatisfied or disgruntled with their purchase. These forums are a sounding board to alert other members to whatever. For someone who has a problem, perceived or legitimate, these boards are a perfect place to vent and hopefully connect with someone who can help resolve or offer advice to resolve an issue, hence the posts listing dismay. Very seldom do you get someone posting stating that all is well and they have no issues or complaints. As was stated in a previous post the satisfaction of Keystone customers is quite high based on a recent survey. I would not hesitate to purchase another one. Touch wood, I would hope I would be as satisfied the next go round as I am now.
I hope the OP can resolve his concerns in short time to his satisfaction.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #17
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred1609 View Post
Same with us...no complaints. We have a 2011 327RES and other than a couple of minor issues after the first trip, which were fixed promptly and at no cost, there haven't been any major issues. This year I replaced the convertor which I thought was a little odd that it failed after only 2 1/2 years but that's not a keystone manufactured item. We take month long trips during the summer and smaller ones during the fall and spring so the unit does see a lot of use
Same here Fred,
I replaced my converter back in late March which would have been 2&1/2 years. Our camper was purchased Sept 2010. What did you replace your with.. NOT trying to hi-jack thread, but its weird that we have same model camper and the same issue at about the the same time.
Other than the owner caused issues I have had the oven recall and fuse box recall. Dealer fixed first one, I fixed the second one with dealer supplied items. Every other issue that was caused by me was fixed be me.
This is second new keystone Cougar model and we have been pleased with both.
JMHO
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
Old 09-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #18
Terry W.

Well this is our third Keystone product. First a used 2006 Outback 250RS. Only real problem was liked slide out bed idea just too short for me, from local dealer. Second used 2008 Sprinter 300KBS water leak in bedroom slide fixed and night stands replaced by dealer, from CW. Third id a new 2012 Avalanche 330RE only real problem was screw in kitchen slide digging into floor covering fixed under warranty, Tom Johnson in Marion, NC. Took camper in had in looked at 4 hour round trip. When correct parts finally came in from Keystone Tom Johnson sent a driver to pick up, repair and return unit to us. Now try to complain about that customer service. SO bottom line is yes we would buy Keystone again and from Greg Helms @ Tom Johnson Marion, NC again.
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Old 09-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #19
Kristi

We also have not had any major issues. We have only had our passport since April, but we have had it out 10 times & the only thing we have needed taken care of was the awning motor recall.

Hope you get your issues resolved & find a dealer you can work with so you can get back to enjoying camping.

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Old 09-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #20
fla-gypsy

I suspect you only hear about problem units and rarely about those like myself who never had an issue that was considered a warranty issue other than getting them to give me a new tire cover.
Closed Thread