Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2018, 05:36 PM   #31
Vernon G

We have a 2019 Montana high country 5er with a Samsung residential fridge. We like to leave the door open to vent the fridge when in storage however, the internal lights stay on when the doors are open. Does anyone know how to deactivate the light while power is off and the doors are open?
Thanks for any feedback,
Vernon G

Vernon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 06:11 PM   #32
Getn off

I am guessing u may still have the inverter on if the light is on...meaning u still have power to the fridge.
Troy

Old 11-17-2018, 06:35 PM   #33
Vernon G

Thanks for the reply!
Vernon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:44 PM   #34
elcaminonut69

I have a Sprinter TT with the Samsung Fridge. I installed 2 Group 29 batteries and I don't have any problems with 24hrs. I haven't tested it past that so I don't know. A lot depends on the temp in the camper. To turn the unit off you have to throw the breaker and turn the inverter off or it will still run.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:17 PM   #35
Getn off

Thanks for the feedback. But I think you may have an isue with how your inverter is wired. You should just push the red button and it will turn off the ac power to the fridge. You do have to hold it a sec or two. If the lights go out, you shouldnt have to trip any breakers. Unless mine is wired wrong!
Troy
Old 12-03-2018, 04:36 PM   #36
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcaminonut69 View Post
I have a Sprinter TT with the Samsung Fridge. I installed 2 Group 29 batteries and I don't have any problems with 24hrs. ....
When you ran your refrigerator on the two GP 29 batteries, what was the battery charge level/end voltage after the 24 hours? I ask because if your batteries are typical "marine deep cycle batteries", most manufacturers recommend not discharging beyond 70% to prolong life. That equates to a battery voltage of around 12.3 volts. Many inverters will operate down to about 11.5 volts before they shut down from low input voltage. 11.8 VDC equates to a battery charge level of around 30%. Discharging "marine deep cycle batteries" to that low level repeatedly will shorten their usable life significantly.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:38 PM   #37
elcaminonut69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getn off View Post
Thanks for the feedback. But I think you may have an isue with how your inverter is wired. You should just push the red button and it will turn off the ac power to the fridge. You do have to hold it a sec or two. If the lights go out, you shouldnt have to trip any breakers. Unless mine is wired wrong!
Troy
My TT has a automatic parallel switch that lets the 110 from shore power thru on priority. When the shore power goes out it switches to the inverter. So the only way to shut the fridge down completely is kill the 110 and the inverter.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:53 PM   #38
elcaminonut69

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
When you ran your refrigerator on the two GP 29 batteries, what was the battery charge level/end voltage after the 24 hours? I ask because if your batteries are typical "marine deep cycle batteries", most manufacturers recommend not discharging beyond 70% to prolong life. That equates to a battery voltage of around 12.3 volts. Many inverters will operate down to about 11.5 volts before they shut down from low input voltage. 11.8 VDC equates to a battery charge level of around 30%. Discharging "marine deep cycle batteries" to that low level repeatedly will shorten their usable life significantly.
I didn't check the batteries after but I will make it a point to next time I travel with it. I bought the Duracell Gel cell batteries from Sams Club to replace the original group 24 batteries. I normally only use the inverter while traveling and stay in a campground every night that I can. Work is taking me to Savannah right after the new year but it is only about 5 hours. I will get a battery reading when I get there and post it but with the cool weather I don't think it will use much. Hot weather seems to use the most battery which is understandable.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:59 PM   #39
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
I didn't check the batteries after but I will make it a point to next time I travel with it. I bought the Duracell Gel cell batteries from Sams Club to replace the original group 24 batteries. I normally only use the inverter while traveling and stay in a campground every night that I can. Work is taking me to Savannah right after the new year but it is only about 5 hours. I will get a battery reading when I get there and post it but with the cool weather I don't think it will use much. Hot weather seems to use the most battery which is understandable.
I'd be very interested in how much drain you have on your batteries and how low they go. If you can run 24 hours and keep them above 70% then you'll probably be "golden"... That said, if you're discharging them to less than 50% every time you tow, they probably won't last much past the warranty period. Something to consider, for sure.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:09 PM   #40
Getn off

Quote:
My TT has a automatic parallel switch that lets the 110 from shore power thru on priority. When the shore power goes out it switches to the inverter. So the only way to shut the fridge down completely is kill the 110 and the inverter.
Yes, that is what I meant. The fridge will run off the inverter when on and no other power supplying. If shore power, it will use that and bypass the inverter. If you pull shore power and have the inverter switched off, it will not supply power to the fridge.
Troy

Tags
fridge, inverter