Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2010, 08:12 AM   #1
Flyguy

RV show in our area

This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to a local area RV show and my wife and I went through many models in the TT line from various manufacturers, we also went through a few 5vers as well but my focus was on the TT line of RV’s. Here’s the standards that the DW and I set for what we were looking for in a new TT; first it had to have a full size queen bed (60x80) and not a queen short as they call it (60x74 or 75), my DW hates having to retrofit store bought sheets and bedspreads to fit a non standard queen bed (that’s her department I don’t get involved in that). Secondly it had to have a large oven on the range, most all had the Atwood/Wedgewood Vision range which comes in two oven sizes, 17” and 21” we were looking for the 21” oven (again this is the DW’s department). Third it had to have a smooth fiberglass exterior built around welded aluminum cage construction not only in the sidewalls but in the roof trusses as well (many had wooden trusses and some had wooden sidewall frames and some had both). Fourth it had to have stout axles and 15” wheels (I was looking for 5000# axles for trailers with a GVW of 8000 to 10000 lbs, for trailers with a GVW of 7000#s or less I would settle for 3500# axles). Fifth it had to have a large flat screen TV that had a digital tuner in it and not be just a monitor with the tuner in the radio unit. Everything outside of these features was pretty much the same from trailer to trailer with the exception of the floorplans.

Results: There were only two trailers that were at the show that met all of our standards and those two were the Keystone Laredo line of TTs and the Coachmen Chaparral line of TT’s, take your pick they both looked good to me and the DW.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #2
parklandgroupohio
Permanent User Ban

Now, those are great specs on one sweet ride! Luv!!!
If only I had to guts to spend my money on something like that instead of all this booze!! LOL!!!

MODERATOR'S NOTE: THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED. THE URL WHICH CONTAINED NON-RELATED ADVERTISING REGARDING ACREAGE FOR SALE HAS BEEN DELETED.
parklandgroupohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #3
tampacamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyguy View Post
This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to a local area RV show and my wife and I went through many models in the TT line from various manufacturers, we also went through a few 5vers as well but my focus was on the TT line of RV’s. Here’s the standards that the DW and I set for what we were looking for in a new TT; first it had to have a full size queen bed (60x80) and not a queen short as they call it (60x74 or 75), my DW hates having to retrofit store bought sheets and bedspreads to fit a non standard queen bed (that’s her department I don’t get involved in that). Secondly it had to have a large oven on the range, most all had the Atwood/Wedgewood Vision range which comes in two oven sizes, 17” and 21” we were looking for the 21” oven (again this is the DW’s department). Third it had to have a smooth fiberglass exterior built around welded aluminum cage construction not only in the sidewalls but in the roof trusses as well (many had wooden trusses and some had wooden sidewall frames and some had both). Fourth it had to have stout axles and 15” wheels (I was looking for 5000# axles for trailers with a GVW of 8000 to 10000 lbs, for trailers with a GVW of 7000#s or less I would settle for 3500# axles). Fifth it had to have a large flat screen TV that had a digital tuner in it and not be just a monitor with the tuner in the radio unit. Everything outside of these features was pretty much the same from trailer to trailer with the exception of the floorplans.

Results: There were only two trailers that were at the show that met all of our standards and those two were the Keystone Laredo line of TTs and the Coachmen Chaparral line of TT’s, take your pick they both looked good to me and the DW.
We love our Laredo 303TG !!
tampacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
Flyguy

My favorite is the 293RK. Love that rear kitchen!
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote