Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2018, 03:23 PM   #1
WestCoastWanderer

New Cougar Newby

Hello to the forum. Recently purchased 2018 Cougar 21RBS, the " Perfect Couples Travel Trailer." Have taken several trips over this past summer and absolutely love the trailer. Told my wife this would be the last TT and this is the one she chose. A great selection. Tow vehicle is a 2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4X4 w. 5.7L V8. Already planning for next year's trips. Intentions are to retire in a few years and become part-timers - there is a whole lot of North America to visit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2329.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	19008  
WestCoastWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:47 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Congrats on the new purchase. Hope you enjoy many more years, lots of good information and loads of great people here.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:18 PM   #3
14george

Congrats welcome to the fourm from Wv
Old 10-21-2018, 04:32 PM   #4
Chris P

Welcome to the forum from New Jersey, really nice set up , a lot of great people and info here. Congratulations.
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 05:06 PM   #5
Gegrad

Welcome from North Carolina!
Gegrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 01:52 PM   #6
bware454

Welcome from central Mass!
1968 Serro Scotty Hilander (sold)
bware454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 02:19 PM   #7
RagingRobert
Gone Traveling

It's like you copied our story We purchased the 22RBS last fall and enjoyed a great first season of first time Rv'ing. It is a fantastic couples trailer/layout for sure...king bed/large washroom/tons of storage and counter space/double sink....we opted for the table that can be a bed instead of the recliners. You? Any issues with yours? So far so good with ours except for a few cosmetic things.
RagingRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 06:11 PM   #8
wiredgeorge

Takes purchasing a few trailers before you zero in on what is really important to you and the missus. You seem like you purchased the right one for you guys. I have NEVER seen a trailer that had the exact things my wife and I value but we got our druthers at about 90 percent. I would do a bigger shower and more room to get around the bed. Our shower is really a bath tub type and only 2" wide. We put a full queen residential mattress where an RV queen is supported to fit and end up having to hop on the end of the bed and scoot down; otherwise everything else (with a few modifications) is just about perfect! Hope you continue to travel in comfort and have fun in your new trailer!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 05:53 PM   #9
WestCoastWanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingRobert View Post
It's like you copied our story We purchased the 22RBS last fall and enjoyed a great first season of first time Rv'ing. It is a fantastic couples trailer/layout for sure...king bed/large washroom/tons of storage and counter space/double sink....we opted for the table that can be a bed instead of the recliners. You? Any issues with yours? So far so good with ours except for a few cosmetic things.
Ain't that the truth. Almost the same TT. We chose the dinette too. Works best for us for playing cards at night or morning coffee. It will also come in handy as a bed when we have a grandchild or two along for the ride. I have had only one problem of note. A water valve locked closed while on a trip for a week in Oregon which impeded water to the toilet and bathroom sink. I was fixed easy enough when we got back. Not any real inconvenience. After five outings, I think it all works. Hoping to have years of enjoyment. It really is a perfect setup. Big bed, big fridge, big shower, and big dinette slide. Same tow vehicle too. I think the truck is just right. At this weight, no justification for a larger diesel.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:01 PM   #10
WestCoastWanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Takes purchasing a few trailers before you zero in on what is really important to you and the missus. You seem like you purchased the right one for you guys. I have NEVER seen a trailer that had the exact things my wife and I value but we got our druthers at about 90 percent. I would do a bigger shower and more room to get around the bed. Our shower is really a bath tub type and only 2" wide. We put a full queen residential mattress where an RV queen is supported to fit and end up having to hop on the end of the bed and scoot down; otherwise everything else (with a few modifications) is just about perfect! Hope you continue to travel in comfort and have fun in your new trailer!
Yeah, I agree. It's about a 90% solution. I'm 6'6" so the words big and roomy were the absolute necessity. Love the shower's size! Our last TT was a 2007 Rockwood Mini-Lite 21 footer. My wife hated how cramped it was. The slide on the Cougar makes a big difference. Thanks for the Texas welcome. Might head that way soon - we have friends in Round Rock.
Old 10-30-2018, 05:52 AM   #11
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastWanderer View Post
Yeah, I agree. It's about a 90% solution. I'm 6'6" so the words big and roomy were the absolute necessity. Love the shower's size! Our last TT was a 2007 Rockwood Mini-Lite 21 footer. My wife hated how cramped it was. The slide on the Cougar makes a big difference. Thanks for the Texas welcome. Might head that way soon - we have friends in Round Rock.

If you try and make it to Texas, you best hurry as I think fall was yesterday!

I had a 22' Sunnybrook pull trailer and I am 5'10" and my head just about touched the ceiling in the shower. There was a skylight in there and I cracked it trying to wash my back.... over 6' and there are definitely buying considerations! Good luck.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:40 AM   #12
Local150

Welcome from Illinois ,,, enjoy your purchase
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 12:12 PM   #13
TG10894

I have the same trailer but 2015 vintage. Still looks and works great. I would agree that this is a great size for part timing couples. We retired 18 months ago and have been on lots of trips. We cruised south to FL last winter and plan to go back this winter. Spending a lazy day near the pool in 85 degree "January weather" will spoil you. Have fun!

A few changes, nice to haves I have made:
- Bought a sun shade that slides in a groove on the awning roller. Gives you a nice shady place to sit when the sun is bearing down.
- New tires after the date code got to ~ 4.5 yrs on Towmax tires. Bought new Carlisle tires and upped the load range from "D" to "E".
- Bought a tire monitoring system so I can watch tire pressures and temperatures on those new tires. Already saved me because I did the bearings and adjusted the brakes myself and got one brake dragging a little too much. It was easy to see the tire start to heat up well before anything bad happened.
- Bought two cameco kits to put screens over the external refrigerator and furnace vents. I kept getting dirt dabbers and stink bugs through the large openings.
- After a couple of winters of manually pumping anti-freeze into the plumbing, I put in a kit to allow suction from the antifreeze jug using the on-board water pump. Much easier.

Overall, a great trailer.
TG10894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:10 AM   #14
Bamabox

Another happy 21RBS couple here in CT. Love the trailer, bought it new 2 years ago, and was our first camper. It really is perfect for a couple. Both retired and had talked about it for years and finally did it. Great decision. Made our first long trip this past summer down to Hilton Head Island. Beautiful RV/Marina resort there. Welcome.
Bamabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:49 AM   #15
Local150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabox View Post
Another happy 21RBS couple here in CT. Love the trailer, bought it new 2 years ago, and was our first camper. It really is perfect for a couple. Both retired and had talked about it for years and finally did it. Great decision. Made our first long trip this past summer down to Hilton Head Island. Beautiful RV/Marina resort there. Welcome.
Glad you enjoyed it. Have a great time with it
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar