Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2018, 10:14 AM   #1
Northofu1

RV Plumbing schematics

Hello all,

This may be naive of me to expect something floating around out there. Is there such a thing, a place to view placement of water tanks, piping, electrical, etc.? I have a polar package Or equivalent) on my rv so the underbelly is sealed. I saw the post in here about "composting toilets" (Nice jousting between Festus and Steve S ) I have also seen video on youtube about installs. Any info would help. Thanks
Dan

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:44 AM   #2
notanlines

There is a slight possibility that I'm not telling the truth, but I believe Winnebago is the only MAJOR manufacturer that possibly furnishes some schematics. Oh, by the way, I believe if Keystone furnished schematics they would be wrong anyway.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:37 PM   #3
Mikendebbie

schematics

I had a 26' Jayco trailer two RVs ago - and Jayco emailed me the framing plans for all walls (inside and out) when I emailed them and asked about stud locations for a TV mount. Nice!

My 1996 Alpenlite 29' fifth wheel had the full electrical schematic included in the owners manual. Nice!

4 years ago I bought a used 1997 KZ Sportsmen travel trailer and it needed a new black tank (long story don't ask). I called KZ for info and they said they did not have documentation for trailers that old...but it sounded and felt like they just did not want to help me out.

I called Keystone 2 yrs ago with questions about the stud locations in my Laredo travel trailer at the time. The girl was clueless at first and then said they do not have any construction/production related info on any of their products. She said all such inquiries have to go thru my dealer. She had practiced the answer many times before. And by the way - my dealer had a blank stare when I asked them for the info. I got no help no where.

However - Keystone might answer questions during a factory tour...seems I have read some threads about that. They send reps to attend some of the Montana Owner's rallies and I believe they answer questions and offer help at those events.

Otherwise - I am very thankful for this and other forums!
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:15 PM   #4
travelin texans

With exception of Winnebago (yet) all the above mentioned rvs are now owned by Thor, so you probably wouldn't still be able to get drawings.
As stated, even if you were to get schematics they most likely wouldn't be "as builts" but merely suggestions for the folks on the assembly line that put them together as fast as they can, if they had to pause 15 seconds to look at a blueprint that would throw a monkey wrench into the entire assembly line.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:41 PM   #5
Diesel10pilot

Hope I can jump in here.

I have a 2009 Fuzion FZ 403, last fall while winterizng it in Alaska, I accidentally dropped a water bottle in my empty black tank. I think a cap was on the bottle, but not sure. The bottle is not visible from the top.

I would be grateful for any suggestions on how to remove bottle. I’m hope I don’t need to drop the tank. I called Keystone, but not drawings or schematics.

Thank you,

Mickey
Diesel10pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:50 PM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

The outlet of the black tank should be 3” diameter. If there isn’t any turns in the drain line it should come out if you fill the tank with fresh water.

Otherwise, the blade valve should be right at the outlet of the tank and you will only need to dis assemble it. Clean water rinse is your friend.

I would have a “clear piece” attached to the outlet so you can see if it comes out when you rinse the tank.

If you take the valve apart, note the brand as they each have specific seals that should be replaced.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing