Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 05:14 AM   #1
Glenda Clark

Keystone Trailers

I am in the process of buying a keystone Premire 19FBPR.

Is this trailer any good ? The BBB is showing a lot of complaints.
About all keystone products.

Please help. Need opinions fast. Buyer beware issues.

Glenda
Old 04-24-2018, 06:05 AM   #2
buvens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenda Clark View Post
I am in the process of buying a keystone Premire 19FBPR.

Is this trailer any good ? The BBB is showing a lot of complaints.
About all keystone products.

Please help. Need opinions fast. Buyer beware issues.

Glenda
We have one that was built in May of 2015. Seems to be built pretty well for a light trailer. Been kind of impressed with some of the things that come with it. Biggest thing we had to do was turn the toilet 45 degrees to have knee room.
For us after having an air stream and several motor homes it is a challenge to down size.
They are built different than the older trailers to keep them light but that was a factor as only have a 1/2 ton to pull it with.
Done a lot of mods to get it the way we want it.

Do a lot of looking. Sit on the toilet in a comfortable position on any trailer you look at. Also lay on the mattress. Ours came with a good one but you never know.
I guess the one issue I have with a lot of trailers is the roof is high to where my wife cant reach the vents to open them and the microwave and upper cabinets are high enough that she can't see or get things out of them. Not like the older trailers or our Pace Arrow's with lower cabinets.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:14 AM   #3
Glenda Clark

Thank you for your reply. Mattress is hard as a block of cement. That has to go quickly.
Just need to know if keystone is bad. BBB complaints suggest it.
Same with Crossroads. Also bad reviews.
Are they lemons to avoid. I am getting mine today.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:23 AM   #4
buvens

From what I read on the forums, they are probably all pretty much the same.
Seems the dealer makes the biggest difference in how things get done.
Be sure you print the Pre-delivery sheet on this site when you go.
We bought ours used so it had no warentee or anything and I have done everything on it so far.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:25 AM   #5
Glenda Clark

Keystone

Thank you. Will handle that at dealership this morning.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:53 AM   #6
SummitPond

Welcome to the forum.

We bought ours in December 2014.

Other than the typical small things, we've been very happy with the trailer. We've hauled it to Maine three times so far and as far west as Denver twice.

The amount of storage (and payload) for such a small trailer is amazing. We've not seen anything else that comes close.

We ditched the factory-provided tires, have added a Progressive EMS and done a few other odds-and-ends to it (towel bars, toilet paper and paper towel holder, bed struts).

I would like a few more conveniently located 110V outlets, but we do with what was installed.

Good luck with your purchase. Check out the 19FBPR community on this forum, too.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
Old 04-24-2018, 08:24 AM   #7
coop

We have the Keystone Cougar Xlite and have been happy with it. This is our third travel trailer and by far the best layout and quality.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:47 AM   #8
Bisjoe

Whatever the brand of RV (or anything else) there are going to be a certain percentage with problems. People rarely contact the BBB or other review sites to share their happiness with a product, so when you do research you will find only the bad reviews.
We are happy with our Keystone. I have only found one very minor defect. The wood panel covering the water heater bypass valve has 4 screws, but one of them missed the wood behind it. The mattress is OK for me but too hard for my wife, so we just got a foam egg crate pad and that worked.

Old 04-24-2018, 09:56 AM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Thank you for your reply. Mattress is hard as a block of cement. That has to go quickly.
Just need to know if keystone is bad. BBB complaints suggest it.
Same with Crossroads. Also bad reviews.
Are they lemons to avoid. I am getting mine today.

Keystone sells more units than anyone if I recall so they're doing something right. The dealership is the key as was mentioned and a thorough PDI before taking it away. As far as quality, every RV manufacturer does pretty much the same thing and they have the same issues. We are happy with ours, and our dealer.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:55 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Glenda Clark,

You might find this old thread an interesting read: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...highlight=poll

It was completed in 2014, 4+ years ago, but you might consider that old saying, "The more things change, the more they remain the same."

A tad bit more than 90% of the current owners said they would buy another Keystone over the competition. That says something for customer satisfaction. Remember, there's A LOT more to satisfaction than a "trouble free trailer". Dealer support, service when you need it, parts availability, the ability to get answers to questions when you don't know where to turn and feeling that you are being "cared for" go miles further than a misaligned piece of molding...... YMMV

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-24-2018, 01:43 PM   #11
wiredgeorge

I have a Keystone Cougar. Had a Forest River Rockwood. Before that, had a Sunnybrook. Before that a Lance... etc etc. ALL have had some small issues. All have had head scratchers where you can't figure why the heck they did things as they did. All the trailers have folks who scream their heads off when they have a problem. Most of these screamers make lists of a zillion little things... when they list things like their microwave or their refrigerator or stereo, etc. These things are made by the same couple companies. Most of the rest of the things were bought by the OEM from companies like Lippert who makes many pieces for all RVs. The quality issues that are the real complaints mostly are around the assembly, fit and finish. Most of the OEMs have a HIGH HIGH turnover in people so they get what they get as far as quality learned by on the job experience. I suggest you look up the BBB on most any of the other manufacturers or google reviews of various brands. Most of the folks who post in these areas had problem; many of which should have been caught in pre-sale inspections. The manufacturer with the best rep is Airstream. Google "AIRSTREAM complaints"; same same same as any other manufacturer but most current owners are more likely to jump up to defend the brand having spent a $100K on their rig bwhahahaha.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
Old 04-24-2018, 03:24 PM   #12
Glenda Clark

Thank you for all your replies. Paper work will be done Wednesday morning , and I can take it home. So pleased with it.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:55 PM   #13
Vet4jdc

You're going to be happy with your Keystone Glenda. As with ALL campers, you tow it up and down the road like a house on wheels and there will be things that break. It happens to all of them, not just Keystone. If you have items that require warranty work simply take it back and have it repaired. If it's simple things like a leaking drain and you can, fix it yourself and save the hassle. After a few trips you will get the bugs worked out and you will be "a happy camper". We are on our second Keystone and WILL buy another. We have had a few problems with ours but we make the repairs and move on. I see many other camper brands with worse issues than we have had to deal with.

One more thing, if you follow this forum, you will see many complaints about the Keystone campers. It's a forum and this is where you go for help. Just remember, there are thousands of campers out there enjoying a Keystone and not writing about it here!
Old 04-24-2018, 05:04 PM   #14
Glenda Clark

So glad to hear the good side of keystone

Looking forward to bringing it home on Wednesday .

I realize things do pop up , I just hate to have to go thru it.

But all will be well. Thank you for your comment. I appreciate them all.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:16 PM   #15
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
So glad to hear the good side of keystone

Looking forward to bringing it home on Wednesday .

I realize things do pop up , I just hate to have to go thru it.

But all will be well. Thank you for your comment. I appreciate them all.

Glenda, do a THOROUGH PDI before taking it away. It is probably the single most important thing you can do before leaving with it. Make them go through every system, power them up, run water, show where valves are, water pump, water heater etc. A good dealer will have already gone thru the trailer and found 90% of the stuff. A bad dealer won't do anything and let you find it then work out how to get it fixed....do it up front. There is a PDI sticky on this forum; print it and go thru it religiously so that you're not confronted with run of the mill items that so many are, that should have been fixed before you drove off. Good luck to you.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:18 PM   #16
Glenda Clark

Awesome thanks for info.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:19 PM   #17
E Rod

I have a 2017 Alpine 3660FL. Had a few issues when purchased but Keystone repaired every single one. Other minor repairs I've done on my own. Have been modifying it to my liking. Added more A.C. vents and return air vents for improved cooling. Added led lighting throughout and more outlets. Have added ,modified or change many things to list. I am on my 4 th Keystone and am pleased so far. I considered the Grand Design but stuck with Keystone because of past experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170715_101449.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	16164   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180409_193011.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	16165   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180418_190901.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	16166   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180415_143809.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	16167  
Old 04-24-2018, 05:21 PM   #18
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Awesome thanks for info.
Glenda, I was remiss in my last post. Here is the link to the sticky so you don't have to look around for it...sorry

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/buenav...PDI_V113_2.pdf
Old 04-24-2018, 05:23 PM   #19
Glenda Clark

Keystone

Did PDI this afternoon. Will do one more run thru in the morning.
Thank you for everyone's help. Greatly appreciated
Old 04-24-2018, 05:30 PM   #20
Glenda Clark

Greatly appreciate all help given.��
Closed Thread

Tags
keystone