Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #21
Scorn

Couch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_K View Post
Just waiting for spring. My Wife spent the day at the Toronto show drooling over our soon to be trailer. just had to share the photo.

How much longer till spring ?

Does the Elite couch come with an ottoman? We are thinking about buying one in Indy.
Scorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #22
chartrand

Keystone has an article on there home page that talks about some of the differences in the Passport's.

http://www.keystonerv.com/community/...cked-up-elite/

Enjoy,
Pat
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:45 AM   #23
Randy_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorn View Post
Does the Elite couch come with an ottoman? We are thinking about buying one in Indy.
I was told the ottoman is not included. The Photos on the above link are of the prototype. You will notice a few changes on the production model such as , floor vent moved , hot water tank moved , window coverings removed, radio moved. Might be more but i cant think of any right now.

Randy

2010 Ford F150 Screw, E rated tires and Air Lift
2013 Passport Elite 23RB
https://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps749334ca.jpg
Randy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:36 AM   #24
CWO_ret

More on the 23RB

I sure like the new location of the Radio/DVD System...big difference. Now you might be able to see the radio clock...LOL. I was thinking about relocating my radio to the new location too. Keystone must have listened to customer feedback. My 23RB has a build date of 10 Dec 2012. The additional window treatments, and privacy curtain are nice too. Not sure about the floor vent and other mechanicals yet.

WRT the ottoman - the dealer website showed an ottoman included in our 23RB, but evidently, that was in error. When we inquired about the ottoman, the dealer did not have an answer. No deal breaker though...and to be honest, the ottoman would have become a tripping hazard in such a small trailer.

We have had our trailer for just a week and have not been camping yet. I've started posting pictures. Look for my photo album.

2017 Ford F-350 FX4 6.7L PSD
2019 Keystone Montana 3121RL
CWO_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #25
CWO_ret

Angry

Believe I misread the earlier post concerning the prototype model. If this is the case, can't imagine why the radio was moved.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:04 AM   #26
Randy_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWO_ret View Post
I sure like the new location of the Radio/DVD System...big difference. Now you might be able to see the radio clock...LOL. I was thinking about relocating my radio to the new location too. Keystone must have listened to customer feedback. My 23RB has a build date of 10 Dec 2012. The additional window treatments, and privacy curtain are nice too. Not sure about the floor vent and other mechanicals yet.

WRT the ottoman - the dealer website showed an ottoman included in our 23RB, but evidently, that was in error. When we inquired about the ottoman, the dealer did not have an answer. No deal breaker though...and to be honest, the ottoman would have become a tripping hazard in such a small trailer.

We have had our trailer for just a week and have not been camping yet. I've started posting pictures. Look for my photo album.
Not sure if i'm understanding your post. The Radio is almost impossible to see now as it has been moved to the side. The curtains have been removed , oh and the interior colours changed a bit. The kitchen counter is a bit larger now as well.

2013 Passport Elite 23RB
Old 02-23-2013, 07:09 AM   #27
Randy_K

After looking again , the side curtains are only missing on the slide out. I will be going to the RV show In Toronto again next week and will see what it has on it there. I do need to add this to my list of things to check when i pick up my trailer in May.

Randy

2013 Passport Elite 23RB
Old 02-23-2013, 08:35 AM   #28
CWO_ret

You are right. The radio is difficult to see the way it is mounted. I mistook the picture of the prototype as the new design. The radio needs easier access. I have not posted pictures of the interior yet, but my trailer has the brown couch and bed spread. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #29
zuley

I too, was a little disapointed that they moved the radio from the front where it could be viewed while sitting on the couch. Not a deal breaker for us though. One change I am glad they made was relocating the sink an inch or so away from the turn knob to open the window. That was one thing my wife and I picked up on immdediately when we looked at the prototype. If you recall on the first unit it was diffficult to open the window because the faucet was in the way. No body has made mention of that yet. As for the ottoman, we were told during our purchase it was not included in that model. We have since seen something similar at Wally Mart that I think we will purchase at some point.
Randy, you mentioned the floor vent being moved. From where to where?
May 3rd we pick ours up. We have 32 nights booked in Provincial Parks so far and will book another 17 once we are able due to the 5 month booking proceedure.
Cheers All.
Dave
zuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #30
Randy_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuley View Post
Randy, you mentioned the floor vent being moved. From where to where?
May 3rd we pick ours up. We have 32 nights booked in Provincial Parks so far and will book another 17 once we are able due to the 5 month booking proceedure.
Cheers All.
Dave
The heat vent in the floor right where you enter the kitchen. It has been moved to the side now. I think i will seal it somehow when not in use anyway , i don't want sand in the vents.

Sooo it's YOU ! taking all the good spots in the provincial parks We are booked in Port Burwell in May , Point Farms for July long weekend. We still have Point Burwell and Bon Echo to book in July / August and Bon Echo in October.

We pick up on May 4. We could not get there in time to do the orientation on the 3.

BTW here is my wife checking out the Port Farms campsite , you could say she is anxious to go..

Randy

2013 Passport Elite 23RB
Old 02-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #31
zuley

Site 194, I'd have to check but I believe that is the one we have booked
Old 05-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #32
zuley

We took delivery of our 23RB this past Friday from Layzee Acres in Sebright, Ontario. Kudos to the staff they have at that dealership. Everything went perfectly. They even provided us with two nights stay at their trailer park as a shake down to ensure everything was as expected. I would certainly recommend them to anyone looking for a new unit.
I was not certain how my Grand Cherokee diesel was going to be dragging this thing home. All the numbers worked as far as weights and capacities. However, because of the short wheel base I was a little apprehensive not knowing if I was going to be buying a pick up truck today or not. I purchased the Centreline WDH with built in sway control at the time we bought the TT. The hitch made all the difference in the world. The Passport towed better than our Fleetwood HW popup trade did on the trip to the dealership using just a bar and chain WDH. There was no sway whatsoever and with the diesel there was no shortage of get up and go. The only thing I noticed was the temp gauge rode a little higher than it would have towing the pup.
Hopefully we are set to go.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #33
Randy_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuley View Post
We took delivery of our 23RB this past Friday from Layzee Acres in Sebright, Ontario. Kudos to the staff they have at that dealership. Everything went perfectly. They even provided us with two nights stay at their trailer park as a shake down to ensure everything was as expected. I would certainly recommend them to anyone looking for a new unit.
I was not certain how my Grand Cherokee diesel was going to be dragging this thing home. All the numbers worked as far as weights and capacities. However, because of the short wheel base I was a little apprehensive not knowing if I was going to be buying a pick up truck today or not. I purchased the Centreline WDH with built in sway control at the time we bought the TT. The hitch made all the difference in the world. The Passport towed better than our Fleetwood HW popup trade did on the trip to the dealership using just a bar and chain WDH. There was no sway whatsoever and with the diesel there was no shortage of get up and go. The only thing I noticed was the temp gauge rode a little higher than it would have towing the pup.
Hopefully we are set to go.
Dave

It was great to meet you at the park. I'm glad the trip home was uneventful. I'm looking forward to hauling the Passport for myself next week.

2013 Passport Elite 23RB
Old 05-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #34
dbailey1111

Just picked up my 23 rb. Love the unit. Hate stereo location and TV wires running through the storage opening behind it. Fixed wires as they should have been when it left the factory. Can someone post a picture of the prototype stereo location?
dbailey1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #35
Randy_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey1111 View Post
Just picked up my 23 rb. Love the unit. Hate stereo location and TV wires running through the storage opening behind it. Fixed wires as they should have been when it left the factory. Can someone post a picture of the prototype stereo location?
This is the only shot i have of the prototype location.

Randy

2013 Passport Elite 23RB
Old 05-11-2013, 03:15 AM   #36
dbailey1111

Thanks, I saw that picture once when looking at the hundreds of units before I bought mine. Then I couldn't find it again. I think I'm going to look at moving mine to that location. I've already bored holes and re-routed the stereo wires to clean up the look, what's making a small cabinet and relocating the stereo gonna hurt?
dbailey1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #37
Randy_K

The change i hate is the removal of 2 of the interior speakers. The 'B" zone operates nothing now. When watching a movie the speakers are at the other end of the trailer.

Randy

2013 Passport Elite 23RB