Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #14
RWHightower

Experience with two TV types

I have experience with similar TV type (QX-56 same as Armada)as this accident towing several trailer types including 18 foot car hauler and Keystone 22 RBPR. The Armada/QX-56 is a good tow vehicle as long as you stay within the tow and tongue weights, use stabilization and drive sensible speeds for the wheelbase and driving conditions.

My other TV is a F-150 SuperCrew 5.5 bed with EcoBoost V6 towing same Trailer’s plus a Keystone 27BHS. I will say the F-150 is a far superior TV to the Armada/QX for all trailers I have towed.

SUV’s often are maligned on these forums and that, unfortunately, may be missing an opportunity to improve the owner experience for others by sharing our experience and knowledge.
My observation is that SUV owners are often less experienced towers and may not know the limitations and design dynamics of their TV. Many of these SUV are excellent tow vehicles for lighter loads including Armadas/QX. I really like when the forum community help other owners by remembering how we learned from those ahead of us on the learning curve!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	42A28982-7248-4AD7-934F-47F18C6AFBDB.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	19578  
RWHightower is offline   Reply With Quote