Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2015, 11:29 AM   #1
cmc316

Toilet Not Filling

We have a 2010 Keystone Sprinter in which the toilet is barely filling with less than 1/4 C of water. Water pressure is fine in kitchen, lavatory and shower. Any repair suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We are new to this!
cmc316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:28 PM   #2
GaryWT

Hi and welcome. Does it have a foot pedal or a hand switch to fluch? When flushing does the flapper open all the way and do you have good water flow? Generally the "flusher" can be move half way or pushed in the opposite way to add water to the bowl.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:52 PM   #3
hankaye

cmc316, Howdy;

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmc316 View Post
We have a 2010 Keystone Sprinter in which the toilet is barely filling with less than 1/4 C of water. Water pressure is fine in kitchen, lavatory and shower. Any repair suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We are new to this!
Welcome, don't know your background but if you are expecting it to fill like
a household commode then you'll be disappointment. They don't work like
that. While water is your friend as far as the blacktank goes, the valve that
allows the water into the bowel is manually operated and if you want more
in the bowel then you have to operate the valve to do so.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:27 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Depending on the brand, it may have a debris screen. If the fresh water system is allowed to "dry out" minerals and such can build up on the lines and then once pressurized, it breaks loose and plugs the screen. Had two class C rentals do that after they sat for a few months.

Make sure all the pressure is gone, and place a couple of towels where the supply line connects to the toilet. Once you remove the line, a light and mirror will allow you to see if any further action is needed. I was able to use compressed air to blow the blockage back out. Maybe a dental pick will allow you to remove the screen for cleaning.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:20 AM   #5
LaTundra

clogged valve

I had a similar problem with my Frontier, no water pressure. BIL told me to replace the toilet valve. The kit at the dealer included a new valve and rubber washer. I removed the toilet, installed new valve and replaced the rubber washer. Toilet worked fine after that.
I looked at the old valve, found debris in the valve. Cleaned it out and now I have a spare valve. I suggest that you remove the the toilet valve and clean it out before replacing it.
1 very sweet Dear Wife
3 mean cats and a one-eyed dawg.

Previous campers/tow vehicles:
73 Apache Mesa hard side popup/74 Chevy Nova 350 cid 3sp m
96 Coleman Shenandoah popup/91 Toyota Extended cab 2.4l 5sp m
04 KZ Frontier 2101QSF/00 Toyota Tundra 4.7l 4sp a
LaTundra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, toilet