Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
pakuma

Just got new Cougar 279RKSWE 5th wheel

Just got my new trailer. I'm towing it with a 2011 Ram 1500, Hemi.
Tows beautifully, had a few squawks after the shakedown. Took it in and they addressed all but 1 concern. The LP connector for the barbecue still does not work, no pressure. I have called the dealer, but I am going on the road with the Grandkids tomorrow and will have to use propane bottles until I return. I live in the San Fernando Valley.
pakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
Javi

Howdy, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the 5'er
Old 07-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

pakuma -

Welcome to the forum. A possible reason for your BBQ not working is that if it has a regulator on it and the quick disconnect propane outlet, which is also regulated, results in "double regulation" and you will get a reduced pressure and a very low or no flame on the BBQ.
You many have to remove the pressure regulator on your BBQ. There is a sticky on the forum about this topic. See Modifications and Upgrades. The sticky is near the top of the threads.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
TandE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakuma View Post
Tows beautifully, had a few squawks after the shakedown. Took it in and they addressed all but 1 concern. The LP connector for the barbecue still does not work, no pressure. I have called the dealer, but I am going on the road with the Grandkids tomorrow and will have to use propane bottles until I return. I live in the San Fernando Valley.
Also not trying to insult you or anything but did you turn the valve on the quick connect on? It has to be pointing towards the hose that connects into it to turn it on and also lock it in place.
TandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #5
suza

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakuma View Post
Just curious: Did your RKS come with a swing out BBQ or are you using the auxiliary hook-up near the propane tanks? We recently purchased a 2014 279RKSWE and it did not come with the BBQ set up - only the auxiliary connection. The dealer told us it was not designed to work with a swing out BBQ option. Festus2 is correct about the regulators. Not all portable BBQs will work with the aux connection, especially if they are designed to be used with the small LP canisters. Your dealer should be able to help you with this. If not, then check with your grill manufacturer. Most of them have a Q&A on their websites.

We absolutely love our RKS. The open floor plan, lots of kitchen counter and the big kitchen window made it an easy choice for us. Does yours have the dinette or the table and chairs?
Bridge, OR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 Cougar 279RKS
2013 F-350 Super Duty Powerstroke 4WD LB CC

https://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/...ps78607eca.jpg
suza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
Love2camp

Hello and from Florida! Safe and happy travels!

2012 Keystone Alpine 3700RE
2006 Chevrolet Silverado K3500 DRW
Love2camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:54 AM   #7
Kristi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandE View Post
Also not trying to insult you or anything but did you turn the valve on the quick connect on? It has to be pointing towards the hose that connects into it to turn it on and also lock it in place.
Took us a few minutes to figure that out also. Glad we are not the only ones.

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote