Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2018, 12:09 AM   #1
BlakeRL

Help ID year and find VIN

2 years ago I purchased a Keystone Sprinter Tailgator toy hauler in pretty bad shape that I currently live in.

Over the past two years I have contacted Keystone seeking their advice which I followed but unfortunately had no luck in following it.

I bought the Fifthwheel without a title but did get a bill of sale from the seller who owned it but had bought from another tenant living in the campground without a title as well.

I have had no luck locating the VIN/Serial in the locations Keystone suggested I look so I can apply for a lost title nor have I been able to ascertain the year of production.

I have looked in all cabinets and appliance cavities, compartments and on the kingpin hitch for it with no luck. I have not sanded off the paint yet looking for the stamp yet though. There are no data plates on the interior or exterior with the VIN/Serial or stickers with it that I can find.

Researching on the internet has yielded no results either about the model number which I do have though which is 330FWRR.

I have spotted a couple images of similar trailers for sale ranging from 1996 to 2001.

Question 1: Do any of you have any idea where a VIN/Serial number May be stamped such as on the frame or somewhere under the kingpin arm where I may have to sand off the paint or rust to find it? Particularly during those production years.

Question 2: Do any of you know what years Keystone May haves produced my particular model number 330FWRR?

Question 3: If I can narrow down the year of it, will that help me locate where the VIN will be located?

Question 4: A Keystone rep indicated that the 330 represented the length, but reading threads here leads me to believe it may represent square feet, so during those production years on a toy hauler with no slides would it represent length or square feet?

Question 5: Reading the threads for Keystone model number designations and doing internet research I could not figure out what the FWRR designates for sure and whether or not knowing that would help me narrow down the year of production.

Sorry for so many questions. I hope to apply for a lost title when I can find the VIN/Serial number and year of production and the man I bought it from in the Campground I live in is willing to go to a Notary with me to do a newer bill of sale with the above information included in it this time If I can find it.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you may be able to provide!

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
SFC, USARR / Disabled
BlakeRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:21 AM   #2
BlakeRL

Could FWRR possibly mean forward restroom?
Old 12-09-2018, 12:51 AM   #3
BlakeRL

If FW means Fifthwheel then the letters probably will not help me though in figuring out the year. Have no guess at all on what RR would be related to in rear with it being a toyhauler unless RR might mean Rear Recreation!
Old 12-09-2018, 03:57 AM   #4
wiredgeorge

Not sure about the model you noted 330FWRR. A google search didn't turn anything up useful. Sometimes the model number relates somewhat to length and configuration. Most of the time this model number isn't helpful. I am guessing the trailer is a 5th wheel? If so, look up on the pin box, the trailer VIN is stamped there into the metal. If it is a travel (pull) trailer, the VIN will be stamped into the V shaped yoke where the hitch is located on the frame.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 05:12 AM   #5
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

From Keystone:
https://www.keystonerv.com/owners/he...mber-of-my-rv/

You are looking for this label if there is one:Click image for larger version

Name:	unit_photo_20170808033053747553275.JPG
Views:	1997
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	19567

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:38 AM   #6
BlakeRL

Hi Wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Not sure about the model you noted 330FWRR. A google search didn't turn anything up useful. Sometimes the model number relates somewhat to length and configuration. Most of the time this model number isn't helpful. I am guessing the trailer is a 5th wheel? If so, look up on the pin box, the trailer VIN is stamped there into the metal. If it is a travel (pull) trailer, the VIN will be stamped into the V shaped yoke where the hitch is located on the frame.
It is indeed a fifth wheel. The pin box does not have a stamped number anywhere on the outer surfaces or the underside surfaces that I can see. Nor has any grinding been performed to remove any debossed stamps either. I am hoping that there is one on there but hidden under the paint somewhere. Is it usually stamped on the outer sides or top, or is usually stamped underneath/inside the pin box?

When it quits raining/sleeting and dries up outside I will take some photos of the top, sides, front and underside surfaces and attach them.

Thanks in advance

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 12-09-2018, 06:51 AM   #7
BlakeRL

Hi ctbruce

Do you know what a Federal Certification Label looks like on older Keystones? The link states that it would be located on the forward road side. Does that mean on the exterior of the camper on the drivers side (if it was a Motorhome which it is not) toward the front end of the camper? If so there are no plates or stickers on the exterior or interior on it anywhere in that area that I see.

I will check again though!

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 12-09-2018, 07:19 AM   #8
BlakeRL

Inside of Kitchen Cabinet door sticker

This sticker with the model number is on the inside of the kitchen cabinet door above the sink.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AD053AFF-066D-4FD5-9F8C-3E591B07EF2B.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	19568  
Old 12-09-2018, 07:26 AM   #9
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeRL View Post
Hi ctbruce

Do you know what a Federal Certification Label looks like on older Keystones? The link states that it would be located on the forward road side. Does that mean on the exterior of the camper on the drivers side (if it was a Motorhome which it is not) toward the front end of the camper? If so there are no plates or stickers on the exterior or interior on it anywhere in that area that I see.

I will check again though!

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Exterior of the camper, drivers side front. The picture I posted is of the Federal Sticker. Grey with black printing, usually. It should be by the yellow and white tire and payload sticker. If they are still there.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 12-09-2018, 07:26 AM   #10
BlakeRL

Sticker outside by entrance door

This sticker is on the outside right by the passenger side entrance door.

Maybe if I contact the state of Missouri’s DOT they might have a VIN associated with this numbered sticker indicating compliance with Missouri’s codes? I don’t hold much hope for this possibility and have not successfully reached a person there to ask as of yet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	81D0BE59-E45F-4D3E-85FD-87AB87315CD9.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	19569  
Old 12-09-2018, 07:30 AM   #11
BlakeRL

Sticker outside by entrance door

Here is another sticker located directly above the previous sticker photo I posted above located outside right by the entrance door.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1C36C0BC-FED5-4F1F-97E1-1A310058FA36.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	19570  
Old 12-09-2018, 07:34 AM   #12
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

I live in MO and have no idea what this sticker is. Kind of hard to make out but if it is a state sticker, it would not be the federal sticker.

In MO, you would contact the Department of Revenue, not DOT.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 12-09-2018, 07:35 AM   #13
BlakeRL

Hi ctbruce

Thank you, did not realize that is what that sticker photo was.

I have posted photos of the only three stickers I could find a few minutes ago.

I will keep looking though and when it quits raining and sleeting have another look for a stamped VIN somewhere on or in the king pin pin box.

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 12-09-2018, 07:39 AM   #14
BlakeRL

Hi ctbruce

Thank you, did not have high hopes on that thought anyway and yes it is a Missouri code compliance sticker of some sort. I live south of Nashville in TN. I will try contacting the Department of Revenue instead then.

Thanks again

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 12-09-2018, 07:45 AM   #15
sourdough
Site Team

Looking at the 3 stickers the first appears to be the sticker for the trailer giving some of the weights (unloaded, carrying capacity, gvw), the 2nd is certification from MO and the 3rd is the sticker certifiying it met RVIA standards.

The 2nd one, the MO sticker, has a number that was probably recorded showing the trailer met state regulations at that time. I think the sticker said it was the MO Public Service Commission. Why the PSC I don't know. You might be able to contact them with the sticker number and see if they could reference that back to the trailer specifics.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:47 AM   #16
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

And you didn't have the other two stickers pictured in my earlier post on the drivers side front?

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 12-09-2018, 07:54 AM   #17
sourdough
Site Team

OP, here is a link to some places you might check for the VIN if you haven't already seen it.

https://www.your-rv-lifestyle.com/vi...er-on-trailer/
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:55 AM   #18
BlakeRL

Hi sourdough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Looking at the 3 stickers the first appears to be the sticker for the trailer giving some of the weights (unloaded, carrying capacity, gvw), the 2nd is certification from MO and the 3rd is the sticker certifiying it met RVIA standards.

The 2nd one, the MO sticker, has a number that was probably recorded showing the trailer met state regulations at that time. I think the sticker said it was the MO Public Service Commission. Why the PSC I don't know. You might be able to contact them with the sticker number and see if they could reference that back to the trailer specifics.
Thank you for the info. I will try to contact them and check that out in reference to sticker 2.

I got and email indicating another response from you clarifying the meaning of road side front and where it should specifically be located. For some reason neither of your responses are showing in my Safari browser on my iPhone 8 Plus, but this reply does if I click on the link in my gmail email notification but not the other response. Odd!

Anyway, thank you for both responses!

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 12-09-2018, 08:01 AM   #19
BlakeRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
OP, here is a link to some places you might check for the VIN if you haven't already seen it.

https://www.your-rv-lifestyle.com/vi...er-on-trailer/
Hi sourdough, thank you for the link and info. Will get up under as soon as I can and check the frame rails and underneath the front and rear area as well.

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 12-09-2018, 08:11 AM   #20
JRTJH
Site Team

In addition to the VIN stampings located on the pinbox, A-frame, there is (somewhere) a build sheet that lists all the information. It was "mandated" to be installed in the master bedroom of the trailer. Typically, it was installed on the inside wall of the master bedroom closet, on the same side as the hinges on the door. Around 2004 or 2005, RV manufacturers also started putting a yellow sticker on the inside lower kickplate of the screen door.

You might find the remnants of the build sheet in the closet in the upper deck bedroom and you might find the VIN on a sticker on the screen door.

As for the trailer designation, here's another "WAG"... FWRR = Fifth Wheel Rear Ramp

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote