Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2019, 03:14 AM   #61
mach11961

IN·Command

Well infantryofficer81 that’s what he told me, so if you know how to get rid of the passcode let me know. The gentleman that I talked to said that couldn’t but he he walked me through the program so I put the passcode in and and will not need a passcode for 30mins.
mach11961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 05:40 AM   #62
Reedhoppa

Would it be possible to share the steps to get rid of the passcode here?
Reedhoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:12 AM   #63
GeekSquadOfUn

Here we go

Menu home
Settings
Passcode.. Enter your passcode
Set Timer. Check pick Off

You're done.

You'll still have to use it on your phone or tablet...
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.
GeekSquadOfUn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 04:50 PM   #64
MattHelm21

Quote:
I had gotten frustrated because I couldn't connect my iphone, my wife's iphone, and my ipad at the same time. The tech told me safety was the driving force behind that decision.
This won’t help you(or me) but the documentation I read says the issue is with Bluetooth security in IOS allowing only one IOS device to be paired to the system(functionally) at a time. Multiple can be paired but only one works. However, with android devices, the documentations says this restriction does not apply. I can’t confirm this myself but perhaps someone else can.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:53 PM   #65
wobly

If I remember correctly, there are at least three different versions of the iN-Command system. There may be more. But, the DW and I can have both of our Android phones connected at the same time. Also, I turned off the passcode at the display, but it stays on for the app. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190702_185022.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	22597
wobly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 05:03 PM   #66
GeekSquadOfUn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm21 View Post
This won’t help you(or me) but the documentation I read says the issue is with Bluetooth security in IOS allowing only one IOS device to be paired to the system(functionally) at a time. Multiple can be paired but only one works. However, with android devices, the documentations says this restriction does not apply. I can’t confirm this myself but perhaps someone else can.
I think it's an Apple thing.

I can confirm that I have 1 iPad (my wife) and 3 Android devices and I can use any one of my Androids at any time, even if my wife is connected too. My 3 devices are : Asus Tablet, Google Pixel 2 phone and my truck radio: installed a new head unit, essentially an Android tablet and radio all in one. I installed the iN-Command app and it works fine.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:23 PM   #67
rakearns1

Hi, I picked up my 2019 Cougar RKS half ton Wednesday. The in command is great except the tanks monitor doesn't work. Frustrating because everybody were closed for the long week end. Has anyone else have this problem?
rakearns1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 07:34 PM   #68
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakearns1 View Post
Hi, I picked up my 2019 Cougar RKS half ton Wednesday. The in command is great except the tanks monitor doesn't work. Frustrating because everybody were closed for the long week end. Has anyone else have this problem?
Only like everybody. Tank monitors are the "streetcorner Rolexes" of RVing.

How do yours not work? Do they not show up on the screen at all, or do they just read incorrect levels?

If the latter, you will find many threads here from people with broken sensors, and the consensus advice seems to be to ignore repairing them entirely and do the whole process by ear.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:49 AM   #69
rakearns1

in command

My tank monitor doesn't record anything in the tanks. I filled my fresh water tank and it shows a blue line under each tank on the monitor.
rakearns1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 08:06 AM   #70
MarkEHansen

The blue line is the fullness indicator. Can you share a picture of your display panel showing the tank monitors?
Old 07-08-2019, 05:43 PM   #71
saturn450

I love mine. Sometimes I have to reboot my phone to get it working but not very often. No other problems
saturn450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:11 PM   #72
GeekSquadOfUn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post
The blue line is the fullness indicator. Can you share a picture of your display panel showing the tank monitors?
I can see the confusion in reading those lines.

Like Mark says the Blue lines indicate the fullness.

The only one that can be relied upon is the Fresh Water one, well at least for ME. The other ones are a crap shot, pun intended 😉
Old 08-22-2019, 06:23 PM   #73
Free88

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakearns1 View Post
We got our Cougar 27SAB in late June 2019. This was one of the issues we have. None of the tanks would read anything, despite having a known approximately quantity of water in them. There is a connector/ribbon that is just for the tank sensors at your base unit (in the forward storage compartment). A quick lookup of that schematic will identify it for you. Make sure that is plugged in securely. If I recall, one of those pins is supposed to have 7 volts, which is the wetting voltage to each of the sensors. Each sensor is a variable resister that will change in value according to water level. I found that one of ours was shorted and pulling the entire 7 volts down to something like 0.5 volts. In few words, one sensor being shorted pretty much makes all of them not able to work. To troubleshoot further requires dropping the enclosed underbelly and getting to the sensor itself. Since it is still under warranty and we had a list of other issues, we decided to just let the dealer handle it.

I am sure they will getting it working, as this is a common problem and they should know exactly how to fix it. However, I dont expect that these will last forever. They are really more of a gimmick than anything else. It would be great to know tank levels, but the truth is that to do it right actually costs quite a bit more than you would think.
Free88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:33 AM   #74
LHaven

Here's an interesting use of inCommand.

You can determine whether or not your tank level sensors are still operating properly (or stuck) by connecting to inCommand while you're on the road towing (the Bluetooth signal reaches the tow vehicle cab, at least in my set up), calling up the tanks, and actually watching as they slosh! If they don't slosh, you have a stuck sensor.

When you're rinsing out your black tank using the built-in rinsing port, it's also useful if you're one of us who likes to close the dump valve and fill up the black tank one more time for a clean flush -- instead of guessing when the black tank is full, you can watch it fill up on your smart phone.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:49 AM   #75
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Here's an interesting use of inCommand.

When you're rinsing out your black tank using the built-in rinsing port, it's also useful if you're one of us who likes to close the dump valve and fill up the black tank one more time for a clean flush -- instead of guessing when the black tank is full, you can watch it fill up on your smart phone.
Excellent suggestion that works really well for me. I found that the sensors will show the tank 1/3 full when the flushing water is running. I let the flushing water run until it reaches 2/3 then shut it off. Once you shut the water off the sensors show the actual tank level. I am guessing that the spray actually flows over the sensors, fooling them when the spray is flowing. That may be a good thing in that it would help to keep the sensors clean and operating.
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:44 PM   #76
GeekSquadOfUn

Innovative use for iN-Command for sure.

But honestly, I couldn't care less for my sensor readings, I know when it's full and needs emptying. I am somewhat flabbergasted by the interest people have in this. You keep re-filling it up with crap and TP, so if you do get it to read OK at one point, it's a moment in time. A mere instant of joy.

I've been RVing for decades, never had any tank related problems. One gets a feel for when it needs emptying, and that's it.

There are so many more critical issues to worry about, or care for, when pulling a house on wheels weighing tons, at speed on a highway.

Then only one light worth its salt is the Fresh Water one. Maybe the battery, but I've always installed a better battery management monitor...
Old 09-18-2019, 04:38 PM   #77
JRTJH
Site Team

I agree with GeekSquadOfUn on this one. Driving down the highway with a trailer in tow is NOT the time to be playing with a "smart phone" watching for black tank sloshing..... From a safety vantage, that's akin to driving and texting and if it isn't "outlawed in all 50 states" it should be !!!!!

As for focus on contents of the black tank. Empty it when it burps, use it till it burps again. At the end of the season, rinse it a couple of times, put it away till spring and when it warms up enough to camp, use it till it burps. Any more "attention paid to black tanks" is time wasted. ANYTHING (short of texting and driving or monitoring black tanks and driving) beats focusing on black tanks or what's in them..... YMMV

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 04:59 PM   #78
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I agree with GeekSquadOfUn on this one. Driving down the highway with a trailer in tow is NOT the time to be playing with a "smart phone" watching for black tank sloshing..... From a safety vantage, that's akin to driving and texting and if it isn't "outlawed in all 50 states" it should be !!!!!

As for focus on contents of the black tank. Empty it when it burps, use it till it burps again. At the end of the season, rinse it a couple of times, put it away till spring and when it warms up enough to camp, use it till it burps. Any more "attention paid to black tanks" is time wasted. ANYTHING (short of texting and driving or monitoring black tanks and driving) beats focusing on black tanks or what's in them..... YMMV

^^^^^^^^^ And therein lies the answer to how to handle a black tank!!!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:07 PM   #79
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Driving down the highway with a trailer in tow is NOT the time to be playing with a "smart phone" watching for black tank sloshing..... From a safety vantage, that's akin to driving and texting and if it isn't "outlawed in all 50 states" it should be !!!!!
Just to be clear, I'm not the driver, I'm shotgun.
LHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 06:16 AM   #80
LewisB

Cool Black Tank Priority?

Interesting that black tanks have generated so many responses...I agree with the comments regarding safety and "monitoring the sloshing"...However...

[For the RV'er] My guess is that this is a low priority for most members - those whose concept of RV'ing is moving from one shore power location to another shore power location. If you have hookups (nearly) every night, then black tank status is not going to be very important.

[For the Camper] Let's not leave out those of us who consider "boon-docking" to be the primary use of our RV. If you plan to be miles away from any shore power hook-up for two weeks, then black tank status can become instantly important! You would be disgusted if you found your boon-docking neighbor just dumped his black tank in the National Forest (he might get jail time if caught). I get disgusted when I have to break camp to drive 50 miles to town in order to dump the black tank!

So black tank status CAN and should be a high priority for some of us.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote