Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2018, 03:32 PM   #1
Luke Croll

Flooring

Good day folks. I haven't been on here in a while, but now that the snow is finally melting I had a quick question. My 2012 36' Laredo 300RB has 2 'weak' spots in the floor. Both are only around a square foot or so and they are both near the heat registers. One in the kitchen and one in the hallway towards the bathroom. Everything else feels very solid. Now, when I say 'weak' I just mean that it is noticable. If you are standing on that spot you can see the linoleum give about 1/16 of an inch or so from the underside of the heat register creating a small gap. I used to be a contractor so seeing things like this and feeling things like this are just a curse. I don't think that anyone else would even notice. My question: is the floor of this Laredo model a sandwich floor? If so would this 'weak' spot be common around registers? Or is the floor rigid 5/8 osb? If this is the case, is there any way to brace the floor from the bottom? I am not afraid to drop the underbelly panel if there is a way to sure up the floor, I have had to drop it already once. Thanks. Can't wait to get to go camping again. We really like our travel trailer :-)
Luke Croll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:01 PM   #2
Frank G

Keystone used to have historical brochures available on line, they may give construction practices. If you pull a register and peal back the layers you should expose the floor materials. The floor will have a Joist on each side of the register and the heat duct running between the joist front to back. With all that said there is no support for the flooring material at the register due to the duct lying just below it. In other area of the flooring there should be foam inserts.

https://www.keystonerv.com/media/2405/laredo-2012.pdf

There are YouTube video's showing Keystone floor construction.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor