Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2015, 03:10 PM   #1
kevperro

Bullet 272BH - In Tow

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2F...ew?usp=sharing

Here it is in all it's glory. It pulls pretty nice behind the 15-passenger van and the kids love it. The cold weather performance has proven to be pretty solid with some mid-20s camping.

I'm looking into an outdoor cooking set-up next. One of my favorite activities is eating so I'm looking at set-ups to feed my crew of ten.
kevperro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 11:56 AM   #2
jkohler70

Camp Chef makes some nice big 3-burner outdoor stoves. I have one. They also sell a hose that is compatible with the propane quick connect on the RV so you don't need an extra bottle. They also have a lot of great accessories like griddles.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:34 PM   #3
kevperro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkohler70 View Post
Camp Chef makes some nice big 3-burner outdoor stoves. I have one. They also sell a hose that is compatible with the propane quick connect on the RV so you don't need an extra bottle. They also have a lot of great accessories like griddles.

Yea..... I'm thinking the 2-burner version with the griddle. I could park that in the back yard too for double duty.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:38 PM   #4
esmoglo

Nice looking setup!
esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:54 AM   #5
lawdog130

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevperro View Post
Here it is in all it's glory. It pulls pretty nice behind the 15-passenger van and the kids love it. The cold weather performance has proven to be pretty solid with some mid-20s camping.

I'm looking into an outdoor cooking set-up next. One of my favorite activities is eating so I'm looking at set-ups to feed my crew of ten.
Very nice. The aluminum wheels look great. Wish mine had them. Like you, love to eat while camping. Always hungry! Cook, eat, relax. Repeat!!!

2015 Passport 2810BH
2015 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
lawdog130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:59 AM   #6
lawdog130

Quote:
How do you like it? Every spring I think about getting one. Like kevperro mentioned, I thought about the 2 burner for home and on the road but still using my trusty Coleman road trip.

2015 Passport 2810BH
2015 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
lawdog130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 02:40 PM   #7
kevperro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog130 View Post
How do you like it? Every spring I think about getting one. Like kevperro mentioned, I thought about the 2 burner for home and on the road but still using my trusty Coleman road trip.

I have one on the Christmas list. I guess I'll find out if I've been naughty or nice. There are benefits to both.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:59 AM   #8
jkohler70

I don't use quite as often as I did when we had a smaller RV, but it's great, especially if you have larger pots and skillets. My 12" cast iron skillet didn't really fit well on my Coleman. I also have a cast iron griddle that wouldn't fit on the Coleman. My griddle is actually better for the inside stove. It's square and exactly the size of the stove top, but it covers two burners.
I got a deal on my 3-burner at one of the warehouse clubs. I shop Sam's and Costco, so I'm not sure which. The 3-burner is usually about $300, but I think I paid about $180.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:53 PM   #9
kevperro

Quote:
I don't use quite as often as I did when we had a smaller RV, but it's great, especially if you have larger pots and skillets. My 12" cast iron skillet didn't really fit well on my Coleman. I also have a cast iron griddle that wouldn't fit on the Coleman. My griddle is actually better for the inside stove. It's square and exactly the size of the stove top, but it covers two burners.
I got a deal on my 3-burner at one of the warehouse clubs. I shop Sam's and Costco, so I'm not sure which. The 3-burner is usually about $300, but I think I paid about $180.
The 2-burner is $100 on Amazon. The grill top that covers both burners cost more than that ($108) but I am mainly looking for a system for cooking breakfast for the entire crew. Lots of space for flapjack flipping, bacon & eggs is my primary focus. I'll get a single burner that goes on one of the small propane bottles for my coffee perk. I like the cooking outside thing, even at home, and the trailer is too crowded with my crew to comfortably cook anything in there. Inside the trailer is purely for TV time and sleep.