Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2017, 03:11 AM   #21
notanlines

Gresh, I can't begin to tell you how many times members write in their complaint, only to never return and give us the last chapter. Many thanks for the update.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:04 PM   #22
zoro58

Angry

Mine was not rot, just OSB failure on brand new trailer. Keystone cheap fix was splice piece in rather replace whole floor. $3000 damage to new bike also not to mention damage to walls.Took nine months to get fixed. Had to get 3/4 inch plywood to cover indentation to haul bike back and placed back down when got trailer back. 2 lessons learned *** no more Camping World and no more Keystone purchases.
zoro58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:17 PM   #23
TheRealMacGyver

Just found this in a search because I have a serious soft spot on my 238ML. It is not a water issue and as soon as I cut the linoleum up I will start a post. But it feels like the flooring is off the joist. I can feel the seam and it is directly over my gray tank so no way of inspecting from bottom. I think my son jumping off top bunk caused it, but still unacceptable to me. I am afraid to even step in that spot! Will post new thread when I know more. Pretty much garbage construction as far as I am concerned.
TheRealMacGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:15 PM   #24
Gresh1"03

Thanks for the replies. I am still waiting on the service department to get the info back to Keystone to figure out whats gonna happen. I will continue to update as i get info. Still hoping for the best!!!
Gresh1"03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:30 PM   #25
dcg9381

If they end up pulling it up, insist (pay the difference) to use 3/4" marine grade plywood.
This is one of the areas where I'd certainly pay a few "hundred" for "HD Floor" option.

The floor on my 2015 Carbon has held up well so far... Sorry to hear about yours.
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:09 PM   #26
Gresh1"03

Here's a little peek at the floor from the bottom and top. The pics and info have been sent, we will see what happens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	81A5E27F-B871-4628-8F84-ACED910829F7.jpeg
Views:	234
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	14737   Click image for larger version

Name:	5CB6BB0F-C52A-4C98-9AC4-86125D5599B9.jpeg
Views:	228
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	14738  
Old 12-04-2017, 06:53 AM   #27
Gresh1"03

UPDATE: I contacted Keystone today and they asked me to authorize them to pick the trailer up and take it to the factory to be looked at for repair. I obviously approved and told them I had some questions first. (time, fix, and options) The lady said someone would contact me in the next few days to answer the questions. I will continue to provide info as i get it. Thanks for everyone that is responding.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:59 AM   #28
dcg9381

I've done a "return to factory" repair. In my case, they assigned a "manager" to the warranty issue - she coordinated with myself and my dealer on getting the RV returned.
You may *not* want to choose to return the RV currently - it's up to you, but it's now cold and Indiana roads may have salt present. Bascially, they'll setup a return window. You'll empty out all the RV contents (yea, completely empty) - return it to the dealer, and a commercial transporter will pick it up.

Recommend that you take photos of the RV (all the way around) prior to transport.

Keystone will give you a "ballpark" repair window. Mine was 30-60 days out. They transport it back to the dealer.

Note (transporter fault, probably not Keystone/Dealer): My RV was towed on tollways back to Indiana. I paid those bills rather than deal with Keystone for hours trying to get reimbursed. On the return trip - both batteries and my license plate were missing. Make sure you take photos of the RV.

Keystone probably won't repair with plywood, but it's worth asking.. I'd certainly want that "upgrade".
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:52 PM   #29
Gresh1"03

Wow, that sounds like a horror story! Not sure what my options will be but i am sure i have no other choice. We will see what happens. I appreciate your reply. Wonder if this is the same outcome for everyone in this situation.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:52 PM   #30
Gresh1"03

Update

Just a little update, Keystone approved the return and repair on the trailer. It was picked up in Feb and taken to Indiana for repair. Since then the service advisor at keystone has been in contact with me letting me know what was going on. This week I notified that the trailer is reassembled and going through PDI and leak testing where they will look at the windows and determine why it was leaking. I am hoping they will give me the right answers as to why and where the water was coming in so it dont happen again. I will continue to post when I receive more info. So far I am happy with the process and willingness of Keystone. Hopefully the worksmanship is good when it returns.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:26 AM   #31
Gresh1"03

The service department contacted me the other day and informed me the unit is assembled and going through the final steps. He then told me that there was no indication in the wall or windows of water damage which I know to be incorrect. I contacted him over the phone and he said there was a little sign of water in the window area and apologized for his email being incorrect. Basically the conversation came to it was ok and nothing could be done to change it. The pictures he sent showed water damage in the wood between the frame and outer wall. I recently spoke to a manager and informed him it was unacceptable to not address the issue that caused the water damage and fix it. He said they will reevaluate the work and get back to me.

I guess we will see what happens next!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3200D1AB-61BE-450D-A06C-89ACB4D62CB3.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	16023   Click image for larger version

Name:	4B70E3E1-DB9A-4D5C-82E6-A6637146C34E.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	16024   Click image for larger version

Name:	E3B5135A-6418-45ED-8BAD-848FA33FE3A0.jpeg
Views:	222
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	16025  
Old 04-24-2018, 05:29 PM   #32
CaptnJohn

I'm retired so if 1 of mine was going back I would deliver it even eating the cost of fuel of 4 trips. I've seen too many transporters.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:45 AM   #33
shepperd8155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gresh1"03 View Post
The service department contacted me the other day and informed me the unit is assembled and going through the final steps. He then told me that there was no indication in the wall or windows of water damage which I know to be incorrect. I contacted him over the phone and he said there was a little sign of water in the window area and apologized for his email being incorrect. Basically the conversation came to it was ok and nothing could be done to change it. The pictures he sent showed water damage in the wood between the frame and outer wall. I recently spoke to a manager and informed him it was unacceptable to not address the issue that caused the water damage and fix it. He said they will reevaluate the work and get back to me.

I guess we will see what happens next!

I have the same issue on a "new to me" 2013 Fuzion M300. My Harley dresser almost went through the floor on the right side. What little investigation I have done so far appears to be coming from the lower part of the window, possibly the weep holes in the through at the bottom. (Laminate has now turned loose at that point) I am eager to find out what Keystone says about your window leak. My side wall appears to be rotted from the bottom of the window down. I never saw water in the garage until my Harley pushed the floor down about 3 inches, now it stands even after a brief rain. Luckily I can keep it in the dry until I repair it.
Thanks Gresh1 for the updates...
shepperd8155 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, keystone