Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2018, 07:02 PM   #1
pikespeakviewer

Coastal OR or WA State Campgrounds

What's your favourite Oregon or Washington State campground - on the ocean.

Bonus points if there is a lake for swimming in! Electric hookup would be awesome, but not necessary.
pikespeakviewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:13 PM   #2
Alpine

I'm sure you will get a few nod's for Beverley Beach, south of Lincoln City Oregon! We have stayed there and it is a real-feel camping experience. You will be in the tall timbers and a short walk to the beach from your RV. You will be extremely lucky to get in this summer... most will have to plan about 9 months in advance with you finger on the "reserve button" to get a spot. Pretty much that way for all the Oregon State Parks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	072.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	17609  

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:24 PM   #3
pikespeakviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
I'm sure you will get a few nod's for Beverley Beach, south of Lincoln City Oregon! We have stayed there and it is a real-feel camping experience. You will be in the tall timbers and a short walk to the beach from your RV. You will be extremely lucky to get in this summer... most will have to plan about 9 months in advance with you finger on the "reserve button" to get a spot. Pretty much that way for all the Oregon State Parks.

Planning for summer 2019! Thanks!
Old 07-15-2018, 07:59 PM   #4
Canonman

South Beach SP just south of Newport, OR; if you need hook ups. Tillicum Beach is my favorite (Forest Service) if you can dry camp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5642.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	434.3 KB
ID:	17504  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:50 AM   #5
DVPete

Fort Stevens, Oregon right at the mouth of the Columbia River. Around 500 camp sites with almost all of them having water/electric. Plenty of bike paths. A lake with swimming beach. Plenty of history to check out. Remnants of an old ship wreck on the beach. You can even drive on the beach if so inclined although I did see one stuck vehicle and a few others struggling to get on and off the beach.
DVPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:12 PM   #6
Ken / Claudia

So before I reply, state parks or private campgrounds. Highway 101 runs about 350 miles through Oregon, South end much different from North end. Besides the camping at that campground and the nearby Ocean is there something else you want to do or see? Most parks are a walk to the beach not at or on it. Is that OK?
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:26 PM   #7
Freeheel4life

Klaloch Beach is one of my favorites. No hookups but a dump site. It's been a while since I've camped there and remember having showers in in the bathrooms but the website now says closest shower facilities are 9 miles away. Beautiful beach with quick walks down the stairs to access it. Ruby beach just down the road is a neat beach as well. Theres some neat hikes nearby in the rainforest as well. Lake Quinault isn't too far away either but requires some driving. A neat lodge is there to check out that was built by the CCC in an incredibly short period of time with huge timbers.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:34 PM   #8
cpaulsen

Devil's Lake State Park....Lincoln City------Beverly Beach SP.....5 miles north of Newport-----South Beach SP......3 miles south of Newport--------Beachside SP..15 miles south of Newport
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:55 PM   #9
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaulsen View Post
Devil's Lake State Park....Lincoln City------Beverly Beach SP.....5 miles north of Newport-----South Beach SP......3 miles south of Newport--------Beachside SP..15 miles south of Newport
Beachside is a great park if your rig isn’t too large. Several oceanside sites #63 being the best and hardest to get, but 64,66, 68 and 70 back to the ocean.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:02 PM   #10
pikespeakviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeheel4life View Post
Klaloch Beach is one of my favorites. No hookups but a dump site. It's been a while since I've camped there and remember having showers in in the bathrooms but the website now says closest shower facilities are 9 miles away. Beautiful beach with quick walks down the stairs to access it. Ruby beach just down the road is a neat beach as well. Theres some neat hikes nearby in the rainforest as well. Lake Quinault isn't too far away either but requires some driving. A neat lodge is there to check out that was built by the CCC in an incredibly short period of time with huge timbers.

I grew up camping here - thank you! I couldn't figure out how to spell Klaloch!
Old 07-16-2018, 06:03 PM   #11
pikespeakviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
Beachside is a great park if your rig isn’t too large. Several oceanside sites #63 being the best and hardest to get, but 64,66, 68 and 70 back to the ocean.
Thanks, I appreciate the details on the sites!
Old 07-16-2018, 06:05 PM   #12
pikespeakviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken / Claudia View Post
So before I reply, state parks or private campgrounds. Highway 101 runs about 350 miles through Oregon, South end much different from North end. Besides the camping at that campground and the nearby Ocean is there something else you want to do or see? Most parks are a walk to the beach not at or on it. Is that OK?

I'm thinking state parks. I like the trees and a bit more privacy that comes with state parks.

Preferably the northern 1/2 of Oregon.

We basically want to find a warm beach to spend our days exploring.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:06 PM   #13
pikespeakviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVPete View Post
Fort Stevens, Oregon right at the mouth of the Columbia River. Around 500 camp sites with almost all of them having water/electric. Plenty of bike paths. A lake with swimming beach. Plenty of history to check out. Remnants of an old ship wreck on the beach. You can even drive on the beach if so inclined although I did see one stuck vehicle and a few others struggling to get on and off the beach.

I remember being stuck in a truck on an Oregon beach when I was about 7 or 8. Wow, the memories are flooding back! I was so panicked.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:19 PM   #14
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
South Beach SP just south of Newport, OR; if you need hook ups. Tillicum Beach is my favorite (Forest Service) if you can dry camp.
We stayed there 2 years ago south beach is walking distance to the beach front . We got pushed East to bend Oregon. It was typhoons with tornado. We didn't get to imagrent springs northern Oregon.just another reason to start all over .I went Sept and the parks where empty.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:27 AM   #15
arniez

Cape Disappointment State Park outside Ilwaco Wa. (make reservations well in advance). Bullards Beach State Park, a little north of Bandon, Or.
arniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:54 AM   #16
Ken / Claudia

Fort Stevens State park in Astoria exploring the area is available at the park and in town and on both sides of the river. Lots of US history around Astoria. Silver Salmon restaurant and another at the Cannery (on the river) are top. Trips into the Ocean or fishing available. You walk to the sand same as South Beach State park.
South Beach has fishing and sightseeing into Ocean and Newport is fun to explore downtown and visit the Aquarium.
I can provide a long list about what to see in the Astoria area if you want it.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:45 PM   #17
nellie1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikespeakviewer View Post
I'm thinking state parks. I like the trees and a bit more privacy that comes with state parks.

Preferably the northern 1/2 of Oregon.

We basically want to find a warm beach to spend our days exploring.
There are no warm beaches in Oregon. Suggest you do more research. Other than maybe 7 Days a year when you get an offshore wind prepare to freeze your fanny off. Also swimming is definitely out of the question.
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:43 AM   #18
mcomeaux

Sea And Sand Rv Park-----Depoe Bay
Great sites over looking ocean...
mcomeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:45 AM   #19
rayjoanlough

I can't believe ya'll didn't mention Nehalem SP next to Manzanita! Great campground and in the middle of Oregon--Tillamook to the south and Astoria to the north.
rayjoanlough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:37 PM   #20
Ken / Claudia

I did not list Sea and Sand because it is a private RV park but, a really nice one at that. Been there 2 times. My family owned some of that property many years ago. Before the park came about.
Nehalem SP, I forgot about as not been there for maybe 20 years. It was nice but actually a long drive to Astoria. The Cheese factory in Tillamook is completely remodeled from the old place I visited several times. Used to make a fun stop for a few hours.

Tags
campground