Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2017, 01:57 PM   #1
Captain Mango

Fuzion 369 Air Conditioning

Took delivery of our new 2017 Fuzion 369 on Sat. Very impressed with the quality and function thus far. Anyone who has the 369 can you give me your experience with the AC? Thinking about adding a third in the garage just to start our right. The 369 comes with 2 15K ducted units. Has that been sufficient for guys so far?? Appreciate any feedback
Captain Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:58 PM   #2
Moomba80

I ordered my 369 with 3rd ac in garage. It is not ducted to the other two just a cold air dump for the garage. We are in south GA and without it the garage would stay extremely hot with the Fuzion's dark colors and all the windows.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:23 PM   #3
Captain Mango

Thanks for the advice

Will probably just go ahead and install a non ducted unit in the garage right off the bat. Think I will power it off the 30 amp plug on the power pedestal while on shore power. Will just live with the original 2 while on generator
Old 05-01-2017, 04:16 PM   #4
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Keep in mind no matter how many ACs you install 1,2,3, or 4... it takes power to run them it You have a 50 AMP rig capable of running 2 ACS any number over that will be sitting on the bench waiting to replace one of the two.

Basically you will have to manage them to ensure only two on at a time. Think those units from factory are wired to ensure only two will run at a time. So if you are adding a third thinking you are going to run all at once, not going to happen unless you plan on running a separate power source to it, which people have done
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:41 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

To add to what Paraptor said, most campground power pedestals are wired with the intent to power "either/or" not both, so it's either power the 50 amp (2 phases) or power the 30 amp (1 phase) and every other pedestal is wired alternating which leg powers the 30 amp plug. In other words, the 30 amp plug draws its power from one of the 50 amp legs (which reduces that leg on the 50 amp plug when power is shared with the 30 amp plug).

So, even if your rig is wired to use the 50 amp plug for the "factory stuff" and you wire a 30 amp plug to power your "added garage A/C), you may find that you blow the campground circuit breakers and/or have a low voltage condition that may cause damage to your equipment and that of other people on the same leg at the campground.

So, think it through, ask questions of qualified electricians who know the difference between RV wiring and "stick/brick wiring".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:55 PM   #6
Moomba80

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
Keep in mind no matter how many ACs you install 1,2,3, or 4... it takes power to run them it You have a 50 AMP rig capable of running 2 ACS any number adover that will be sitting on the bench waiting to replace one of the two.

Basically you will have to manage them to ensure only two on at a time. Think those units from factory are wired to ensure only two will run at a time. So if you are adding a third thinking you are going to run all at once, not going to happen unless you plan on running a separate power source to it, which people have done
Paraptor is right. All three of mine is wired in to a load management system. When one of the front two go off the third ac in garage will come on
Old 05-02-2017, 03:26 AM   #7
xcntrk

I have a similar model, front 2 AC's, and I too struggled with keeping the garage cool. Upon inspection I realized that both front AC's blow into a long air-duct that runs from the bedroom in the front - to the rear 2 vents the garage. There's one air-duct per side of the AC exhaust and all AC vents run off that central air duct. Granted the vents closer to the AC's see more air flow and tend to blow harder.

So what I did was switched out my AC vent bezels from the garage forward to a directional flapper unit that allows you to regulate the airflow coming out. By restricting the front vents you can push more air down the duct and to the garage area. To use rough guesstimate percentages; I now have 20% flow in the front bedroom, 10% flow in the bathroom, 30% flow in the living/kitchen area, and the rest pushes to the garage.

If there's ever a need for more immediate airflow up front (like when you first start up the unit on a hot day), you can adjust the vents individually, or open the large registers on the AC unit itself to blow air straight down. Lastly I have learned that pre-cooling the unit before arrival at your destination is welcoming too. I will fire up the generator and run the AC's as a first thing when I pull into a new campground. By the time you get to your site, setup, and your rig sees pedestal power, the inside will be nice and cool.

xcntrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:14 AM   #8
Captain Mango

Great Information

I am going to give it a try as-is with the two 15K units, checking to make sure all the duct work is sealed and vents are appropriate. Where did you get the "Flapper" type outlets at, and are they a direct replacement fit??

Mango.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:39 AM   #9
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mango View Post
I am going to give it a try as-is with the two 15K units, checking to make sure all the duct work is sealed and vents are appropriate. Where did you get the "Flapper" type outlets at, and are they a direct replacement fit??

Mango.
Before I throw $$$$ into that third AC knowing that can only run two at a time at most ,I would definitely would check the tapping on all the ducts ( think you will be surprised what you find) and play with regulating the vents as well as a possible fan in the garage pulling air into there. Fan in garage ceiling on say low hood closed. Try stuff before $$$$$$

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 05-02-2017, 10:25 AM   #10
Captain Mango

Good advice guys. Going to try a couple of trips then make a decision
Old 05-02-2017, 02:17 PM   #11
notanlines

After three years in the Raptor and mostly in south Florida this is what works for us. A reasonably good box fan sitting in the doorway moving the cold air from the front bedroom out to the living area and both garage doors open will do the job. The unit in the bedroom will freeze vodka on the Sahara and of course the one in the living area is only okay. But the fan is quiet and on the days it gets very warm this does the trick.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:20 AM   #12
xcntrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mango View Post

Mango.
I took mine apart too, to ensure the ducts were sealed and AC units installed correctly. That's how I uncovered the two parallel ducts front to back. It was all top notch, zero install or sealing problems.

These are the vents I used. They are slightly smaller diameter then the OE vents, but the OD is still large enough to cover the screw holes from the original vents. The color actually matches the lighter ceiling better than the OE vents.

xcntrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:02 AM   #13
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcntrk View Post
I took mine apart too, to ensure the ducts were sealed and AC units installed correctly. That's how I uncovered the two parallel ducts front to back. It was all top notch, zero install or sealing problems.

These are the vents I used. They are slightly smaller diameter then the OE vents, but the OD is still large enough to cover the screw holes from the original vents. The color actually matches the lighter ceiling better than the OE vents.

Just a quick comment on the register pictured, this type dumps air straight down, whereas my original screw to close type (Ya real technical ) distributes air across the ceiling and down. Thereby helping to cool hot air along ceiling then dropping down.

Personal preference as to which one, I like the screw in type .
Old 05-03-2017, 05:11 AM   #14
66joej

"notanlines" unit in the bedroom will freeze vodka on the Sahara

Now that is an air conditioner!

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:26 AM   #15
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66joej View Post
"notanlines" unit in the bedroom will freeze vodka on the Sahara

Now that is an air conditioner!
For some of us old f...ts., can not afford to be freezing anything in the bedroom
Old 05-04-2017, 05:05 AM   #16
Captain Mango

One Last thing

I did spend some time in the new Fuzion yesterday afternoon. Noticed that the garage is pre-wired for a third air conditioner. There is a junction box in front of the vent on the ceiling that is marked as an AC circuit. Does anyone have any idea where this would terminate in the breaker panel?

Mango
Old 05-04-2017, 05:40 AM   #17
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Based on what we discribed in previous posts ie can non run more than two A/C at a time and Fuzion owners verified that a load management center is installed to ensure 3 can not be run at same time. Therefore that 110VAC Box containing the 110VAC for the third A/C other end goes to that load management center.

Normally a rig with one A/C and a prewired option for the second, that 110VAC Box would go to the second A/C breaker in the Power Distribution Panel

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 05-04-2017, 07:48 AM   #18
Outback 325BH
Gone Traveling

Fuzion 369 Air Conditioning

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
Keep in mind no matter how many ACs you install 1,2,3, or 4... it takes power to run them it You have a 50 AMP rig capable of running 2 ACS any number over that will be sitting on the bench waiting to replace one of the two.

On a 50 amp rig, you can run all three air conditioners at the same time... along with most everything else... and you will still not run into issues.

Remember, 50 amp rigs have TWO legs of 50 amp... for a total of 100 amps. Three 15,000 btu air conditioners draw about 45 amps max when running at the same time. This means you have 55 amps left. Unless some idiot wired all three ac units on the same leg, you shouldn't have any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outback 325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:09 AM   #19
JRTJH
Site Team

I could be wrong here, just speculating, but it would seem "reasonable" to have a power management device and to connect all three air conditioners to it so that only two run at any given time. This is not applicable when on 50 amp shore power, but becomes a very critical factor when attempting to operate on generator power. When we had our motorhome, it was equipped with a 4500 watt Onan generator. We could not "effectively run" both air conditioners on that power source because of the other electrical loads. So the manufacturer added a "power management system" as OEM standard equipment. We could only run one A/C at a time, but both were automatically connected to the system and would alternate, keeping the entire coach cool, even in the hottest temps.

I'd guess that the reason for the wiring as it's described is to allow for installation of a third A/C and to accommodate "dry camping functions" where a generator would be a necessity. With the Onan 5500, running two A/C's would be a heavy, but acceptable load, adding a third would overload the generator, even if the coach were "built with the capacity to deliver 100 amps during "shore power use"...

So, I'd guess that Keystone added the third A/C wiring with the knowledge that it would probably be added to a "generator equipped" trailer, necessitating power management......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:08 AM   #20
Javi

My Cougar will freeze you out in Texas heat even in July & August... That's with 2 15K units... can't imagine needing 3... is the garage that big of a heat trap?

Tags
fuzion