Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2015, 05:55 PM   #1
TandE

What do you haul in your 326srx?

Just like the title says. We are looking at trading up out of our TT into a toy hauler and looks as though this will fit the bill perfectly. When we originally bought our first two trailers we were not thinking about kids. Well now we have one and the garage area would be nice. We toured one today and we both like it very much. Was going to go with a bigger toy hauler like carbon but the options on those I don't know if we would use that often like the generator or fuel station. Originally I wanted a bigger garage so I can take the toy hauler and snowmobiles but changed my mind about that. If I do use it the machines can be towed in another friends snowmobile trailer and meet there. The only other toy would be a Polaris rzr trail and that should fit no problem.

Wife didn't like the storage solutions on the carbon inside and I want auto level but both liked the second bathroom. Wife liked the inside of the fusions we went in and I liked the auto level and second bathroom but dislike the price.

So enough of rambling what do you haul in your srx?

Travis
TandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:10 PM   #2
Desert185

See sig...
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:34 PM   #3
TandE

I see it says you have a rzr coming. Are you going to haul it in your srx?

Travis
Old 06-06-2015, 08:37 PM   #4
Desert185

Yes. The 50" Trail 900.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:39 PM   #5
TandE

When are you expecting to receive it? I've been looking for a picture with an srx with one in the garage to see how it fits and the room left over but no such luck yet.

Travis
Old 06-06-2015, 08:40 PM   #6
Desert185

I've decided to wait until the 2016's arrive, so Sept at the earliest.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:17 AM   #7
FTWingRiders

This is a 325srx.. Here is what we haul... Honda goldwing with a couple bicycles if just us, or we turn it into a bedroom for the two older boys if they come too.

FTWingRiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:35 AM   #8
TandE

I looked at a 325 a when we bought our TT but didn't really like the way the garage was mainly because I need the whole thing to be at least 10 feet long. Little did I know that was the last year of it and two months or so later I saw the new one at our dealer. Oh well.

So what is the wood thing for?

Travis
Old 06-08-2015, 06:54 AM   #9
Desert185

We liked the 325's dinette, but not at the expense of losing garage space (where the Splendide would go in the 326). We really like the 326 and don't miss the dinette at all.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:03 AM   #10
TandE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
We liked the 325's dinette, but not at the expense of losing garage space (where the Splendide would go in the 326). We really like the 326 and don't miss the dinette at all.

I like our current dinette but after having it and only using it once over 2 years I would rather have the recliner couch. We like a lot of people just would rather eat outside.

Travis
Old 06-08-2015, 08:12 AM   #11
crash

We dont have that model ,we have the Raptor with the 14 ft garage and we haul all of these .We can get all 3 in but its really tight .Next time I have all of them loaded up I will take some pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	547.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	8756   Click image for larger version

Name:	harley-davidson-xl-883-c-sportster-custom-03.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	8757   Click image for larger version

Name:	user7211_pic1294_1352146235.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	8758  
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:22 AM   #12
Desert185

We find the couch to be surprisingly comfortable and have no issue with using the couch table for indoor dining.

As a 326SRX side note, the two 10"x47" overhead windows above the couch slide contributed to much of the interior heat with the afternoon sun streaming in. We cut to fit some insulated, aluminum film, reflective wrap which considerably reduced the interior heat rise. It was in the upper 80's here yesterday and the interior temp stayed 4-5dF cooler than outside temp with two of the roof vents and the entry door open. Normally, it would be warmer inside than outside in the afternoon. Big improvement.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:55 AM   #13
Face Down

We have a buddy that has a SRX and can get his lifted EZ-GO Golf Cart in but it is a tight fit. In fact he had to chop the supports a couple of inches and lower the cart roof. Also, the approach angle is pretty steep so he stated that loading and un-loading is a bit of a pain.
Face Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:59 AM   #14
Desert185

Those metal ramp brackets adjust quite a bit. Putting a hump between the two part ramp may help him out on the angle. Said in case he hasn't thought of adjusting the angle...
Old 06-08-2015, 12:09 PM   #15
Face Down

I just re-read your first post and wanted to note that a generator is not standard on the Carbon's, you can get one without it and save 4-5K on the price. You would definitely have no problem with a Razor in any of the Carbon's. For now we put our Club Car in, it is lifted, 24" tires and a rear seat and we have room to spare. Might get me a Razor in the future, we have lots of friends who go riding, but as it is now I don't have time to camp at the lake and beach like I want to.

Old 06-08-2015, 12:55 PM   #16
TandE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Down View Post
I just re-read your first post and wanted to note that a generator is not standard on the Carbon's, you can get one without it and save 4-5K on the price. You would definitely have no problem with a Razor in any of the Carbon's. For now we put our Club Car in, it is lifted, 24" tires and a rear seat and we have room to spare. Might get me a Razor in the future, we have lots of friends who go riding, but as it is now I don't have time to camp at the lake and beach like I want to. As for staying under 50K...we did that with our 357 and it is loaded minus the frame-less windows.

I know I can get it without the gen set but most of the time our dealers around here order them with them.

I wanted to look at a 357 cause the wife wanted to see the kitchen layout. Closest one is 2 or so hours away and I don't feel like going that far just to look. So we went into a unit that had a similar kitchen layout and she did not like it at all. Granted it was not the same unit but it looked to be close enough. She also did not like the lack of cabinets in the 377 too.

Pretty much we both are happy how the 326 is layer out and feels. I just wanted to see pictures of what people haul in theirs for a reference as I don't have the rzr yet either.

I see you bought at rv wholesalers. I have seen some of their pricing and it blows my dealers prices out of the water. My dealer wants 55 ish for a 377 carbon. Rv wholesalers list theirs at 49 ish with second AC patio kit and screen door on the garage as mine just is the normal unit no second AC or patio stuff. I know shipping plays a part in some of the price but that seems ridiculous to be 5-7 thousand less with more options.

Travis
Old 06-08-2015, 01:38 PM   #17
Face Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandE View Post
I see you bought at rv wholesalers. I have seen some of their pricing and it blows my dealers prices out of the water. My dealer wants 55 ish for a 377 carbon. Rv wholesalers list theirs at 49 ish with second AC patio kit and screen door on the garage as mine just is the normal unit no second AC or patio stuff. I know shipping plays a part in some of the price but that seems ridiculous to be 5-7 thousand less with more options.

Travis
We had a great experience with RV Wholesalers, it was a very easy transaction from start to finish. I bought the trailer without even seeing it, I had a buddy do the same with them last year and he recommend them to me. Their dealer prep was awesome or either Keystone sent them a unit with zero defects. We are very happy with how everything turned out and I would recommend them in a instant. Add to that, we saved 1000's over our local dealer.

As to that 377 that they have, we almost bought that one but I opted for the shorter and lighter 357 that they had on order. They have had that 377 on their lot since at least the beginning of April so they might be looking to discount it even more. Also, if you arrange financing through them, they take another $1500 off the price. That does not mean they finance it, they just broker it. I ended up with financing through BofA and was very happy with the interest rate. The only clause with that discount is, if you pay it off with in the first 12 months you have to give back the $1500. If you have anymore questions about them feel free to send me a PM.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:39 PM   #18
TandE

One of the major issues for me about them is they are 2400 miles away from me. If they were closer I would consider them.

Travis
Old 06-09-2015, 01:44 AM   #19
dave-g

I have a 325srx- and fit 3 - ktm dirt bikes in it.(for racing) I took 3/4 plywood- that clamps to the factory tie downs, then I bolted wheel chocks to the plywood. When family camping I undo the clamps and the plywood is taken out- and a rug and futon go in.

I have a Honda 3000 generator I take with us on most trips- even when going somewhere with full hookup- I like the option of stopping for lunch or rest and having power if needed.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:46 AM   #20
TandE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-g View Post
I have a 325srx- and fit 3 - ktm dirt bikes in it.(for racing) I took 3/4 plywood- that clamps to the factory tie downs, then I bolted wheel chocks to the plywood. When family camping I undo the clamps and the plywood is taken out- and a rug and futon go in.

I have a Honda 3000 generator I take with us on most trips- even when going somewhere with full hookup- I like the option of stopping for lunch or rest and having power if needed.

Anyway to get a picture of how you clamped it to the factory tie downs? That seems like a good idea.

Travis