Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2015, 06:10 PM   #1
leonandlisa

Cable TV Issue

I have a 2011 Fuzion 302 toyhauler. In the main door I have a cable connection, satelite prep connection, and another cable connection below the refridge on the exterior other side of trailer. We have used the cable in the main access door several times without issue. This weekend when hooked up like usual the picture was barely visible on either tv. I tried the other exterior connection outside by the refridge without any changes. When I run the cable directly to the tv it works perfectly.

I have searched the forum and I heard of a booster button that may be turned on but I have not found one anywhere. I have also opened up all connections and checked for loose connections or bare wires but found nothing.

Any tips that you may have? Anyone with the same trailer know where the booster button is?

Thanks

Leon
leonandlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:51 AM   #2
hdrolling

In my Raptor behind my main living room tv I have a small button on the coax cable outlet on the wall. Push in on the button and a little green light comes on and my satellite dish works on the screens, push it again and the light goes out and the cable comes back on. If you have satellite prep you might have the same button?

Retired Army, 22yrs
hdrolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:09 AM   #3
leonandlisa

I will check again tonight, I have two cable outlets behind the main TV, one for cable and one for satellite, I didn't see any buttons but I will look again.

Thanks
Old 04-01-2015, 05:27 AM   #4
GmaPaTime

My booster button is located on the bedroom ceiling TV connection.....
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
GmaPaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:32 AM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
In my Raptor behind my main living room tv I have a small button on the coax cable outlet on the wall. Push in on the button and a little green light comes on and my satellite dish works on the screens, push it again and the light goes out and the cable comes back on. If you have satellite prep you might have the same button?

Interesting. Satellite signal is usually on a separate coax (RG6) and the roof antenna/park cable (RG59) is the main outlet. The booster is used for over the air (antenna) signal.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:06 AM   #6
hdrolling

I'm not sure who the previous owner had install the satellite on the roof, but it is convenient not having to move any coax cables to switch between the two.
I've only had the camper for two days so I'm still learning and finding these things out myself. But when the previous owner delivered it to me he made sure I knew about this so I didn't try to use the other coax output. Mine says "Winegard" on the coax plate so I'm not sure if that's standard or came with the dish?

Retired Army, 22yrs
Old 04-01-2015, 06:23 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

You should have a panel similar to this picture located "somewhere" in your RV. They have been installed behind the main TV, in the bedroom ceiling, in a closet, on a wall adjacent to a bunkhouse TV, and other "odd places".... Look for yours, it's there "somewhere". If you notice, there is a 12 volt "cigarette lighter plug", a single co-ax connector (which should be connected to one of your TV's), a very small "push button" and a "tiny green light". That small "push button" is the "booster switch" to turn the amplifier off/on. It should be "ON" to receive "over the air TV" from the antenna on the roof and it should be "OFF" to receive "Satellite TV" or "Cable TV".... The link is to the Winegard site so you can download the instruction manual for the TV Booster.

http://www.winegard.com/kbase/uploads/2451489.pdf
Attached Images

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:28 AM   #8
hdrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
You should have a panel similar to this picture located "somewhere" in your RV. They have been installed behind the main TV, in the bedroom ceiling, in a closet, on a wall adjacent to a bunkhouse TV, and other "odd places".... Look for yours, it's there "somewhere". If you notice, there is a 12 volt "cigarette lighter plug", a single co-ax connector (which should be connected to one of your TV's), a very small "push button" and a "tiny green light". That small "push button" is the "booster switch" to turn the amplifier off/on. It should be "ON" to receive "over the air TV" from the antenna on the roof and it should be "OFF" to receive "Satellite TV" or "Cable TV".... The link is to the Winegard site so you can download the instruction manual for the TV Booster.

Mines black but looks just like that.

Retired Army, 22yrs
Old 04-01-2015, 07:02 AM   #9
chuckster57
Site Team

The backside of that panel will have inputs for the roof antenna and cable.

I'm wondering if the P.O. Removed the antenna input and put the satellite coax there.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:42 AM   #10
Pmedic4

TV Coax connections

While I don't have an easy solution, I too had a difficult time figuring out the TV Coax cabling in our RV, and the rooftop antenna had terrible reception. I was getting better reception using a homemade TV antenna, just connected directly to the TV. One thing a RV owner might want to consider obtaining is the following Coax tester:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is inexpensive enough to get and use, ensuring the cable you connect to, goes to where you think it does!

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:55 AM   #11
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
This is not the standard setup looks like previous owner used the coax generally feeding the original antenna for the satellite on the roof rather than making another hole. Normal operation of that switch is antenna or Cable TV. I would assume you have no antenna reception due to the lack of an antenna on the roof? Just curious is the dish on the roof higher than your AC?
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:24 PM   #12
leonandlisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post

Thanks for the picture, I remembered seeing that in our front closet after you posted the picture, that is where we plug in our phones and tablets and at some point pushed the button on too. I shut the light off on the booster and the picture is back to normal. Now to put everything back together after looking for loose connections.

Thank you all for your comments and help.

Leon
Old 04-02-2015, 06:03 AM   #13
hdrolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
This is not the standard setup looks like previous owner used the coax generally feeding the original antenna for the satellite on the roof rather than making another hole. Normal operation of that switch is antenna or Cable TV. I would assume you have no antenna reception due to the lack of an antenna on the roof? Just curious is the dish on the roof higher than your AC?
I still have an antenna towards the front near the front A/C and still can pull about 12 channels with just that, the globe with the satellite is about the same size as the rear A/C.

It is a little frustrating, I can pull antenna channels with the satellite on but for the cable to work I have to have the power for the satellite turned off. That's a different switch than the little button on the coax panel.

So it looks like they wired the satellite into the cable coax, not the antenna. And there is another hole in the roof with a coax cable and power cable for the satellite.

My dish looks like this :
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KD3000-KING-Dome_White_1000-774x735.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	8196  

Retired Army, 22yrs