Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalhd View Post
Enlighten me. These units have a 12 year Warranty on the Roofs. How is it they are not standing behind that?
In addition, the 12 year warranty is only extended to the original owner and is not transferrable. The warranty does not include labor, adhesives or other materials required to replace the roof membrane. Also, the warranty is a "pro rated" warranty and full replacement of material is only during the first 5 years, after that, the replacement membrane will be provided based on the remaining months or unexpired warranty for six years through twelve.

http://dicorproducts.com/resources/warranty/

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:46 PM   #22
sptddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Like any warranty, there are as many if not more exclusions than inclusions. Dicor's 12 year warranty, according to their website, does not apply if:
1) the roof was improperly installed
2) materials were used that are not compatible with the EPDM rubber (petroleum distillates, for example)
3) any alterations or the addition of accessories have been carried out
4) there was structural failure - such as separation.
5) the improper use of sealants, adhesives and flashings

Dicor is not responsible for the cleanliness and discoloration of the roof

The warranty does cover against "any premature deterioration to the point of failure because of weathering if properly maintained".

It is important that you work with the dealer who will assess any issues you have with the roof and will make a recommendation to the manufacturer (Keystone) and/or Dicor for any warranty claims you might have.
My dealer told me that this warranty was ONLY for the rubber. Not the sealant etc. The separation of the roof rubber membrane from the sealant/glue is not covered because it is believed to be either bad glue or an improper application of the glue that did not allow it to seal correctly.

In my case the dealer doesn't necessarily know which was the issue, but has some thoughts that the particular membrane/rubber used on the Fuzion's is sometimes the issue - that it doesn't seal with certain glues.

Side note, Keystone did agree to cover the roof as a manufacturers defect - this is related to the tear and billowing of the membrane, NOT the discoloration.
sptddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 04:17 PM   #23
socalhd

I am very close to buying a 14 FZ342 and this information is very valuable. It is a New Unit and I was assured the roof warranty is 12 years from Date of Purchase. I would think Keystone would have to pick up the tab if Dicor refuses. A good Service Manager would also be key.
socalhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 01:25 PM   #24
sptddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalhd View Post
I am very close to buying a 14 FZ342 and this information is very valuable. It is a New Unit and I was assured the roof warranty is 12 years from Date of Purchase. I would think Keystone would have to pick up the tab if Dicor refuses. A good Service Manager would also be key.
I would def make the sales person validate (maybe you're better off talking to the service manager lol) exactly what is covered. This warranty business is a strange (horrid) world and I've read a lot on here and the other RV forums about the roof coverage.

That said, despite this issue, and a few other issues on my 342, I LOVE it, and I'm pretty pleased with it overall. I'm the second owner, and I don't think the first owner used it much. We have tweaked a few things and cleaned up a few shoddy work type things, but overall, it's been good. We put almost 55 nights in it last summer, and 6500 miles, and really had minor issues.
sptddog is offline   Reply With Quote