Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #1
Big Dave

Rear ramp patio steps

I ordered our new 412TS with the rear deck patio, anyway the step that come with it has like a hand rail that is suppose to side in two tubes on the side of the steps and there is no way I have found to get the holes lined up.

Has anyone out hear had this problem?
Does anyone know what to do about it?

Thanks ahead of time!
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
shmthaus

We are picking up our 412TS this Friday,so I will make sure they show me and hopefully I will remember to post back here..
shmthaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:51 AM   #3
Big Dave

Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you!
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:35 AM   #4
canesfan

The steps are a new item so not many people are going to have experience with them yet. I'm trying to visualize what you're describing, can you post some pictures and maybe we can help
Old 05-26-2014, 05:02 PM   #5
shmthaus

Big Dave, we setup our patio deck with the steps / handrail and had no problems. The handrail posts and holes on the steps lined up.

If yours don't line up properly, you might want to check with the dealer.

I forgot to take pictures since we were busy trying to figure out where to store everything we transferred over from our Sprinter.
shmthaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:38 AM   #6
Drew Waller

Steps for Patio

We just went to the Cleveland RV show this weekend and I went there to look at the steps for the patio. We have a 2013 332 TS with no steps, so I want some! After talking to the Sales Rep. I figured out I wasn't going to get from Raptor what I wanted, which is just the steps! I don't want to change my railing. The one half can just fold back to let me in. I don't need a separate doorway with a gate. I haven't called Lippert who probably makes them. But going through the aisles in the show I happened across Mor/ryde who has a step option also coming out. It looks good and is adjustable for angle and height. No price yet, is what I was told. Maybe another 90 days. This one you can attach where ever you put an opening. More to come about price! I got pictures but there on my DW's camera. Tomorrow!

2015 Chevy Crew Cab 3500
Duramax/Allison Tran.
2013 Raptor 332 Toy Hauler
TrailAir Tri-Glide
2 Honda ATV's for climbing
mountains & getting muddy.
Traveling Partners: Dozer & Zeus
Drew Waller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:24 AM   #7
gilpinbrewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Waller View Post
We just went to the Cleveland RV show this weekend and I went there to look at the steps for the patio. We have a 2013 332 TS with no steps, so I want some! After talking to the Sales Rep. I figured out I wasn't going to get from Raptor what I wanted, which is just the steps! I don't want to change my railing. The one half can just fold back to let me in. I don't need a separate doorway with a gate. I haven't called Lippert who probably makes them. But going through the aisles in the show I happened across Mor/ryde who has a step option also coming out. It looks good and is adjustable for angle and height. No price yet, is what I was told. Maybe another 90 days. This one you can attach where ever you put an opening. More to come about price! I got pictures but there on my DW's camera. Tomorrow!
I saw the Mor/ryde option on the Voltages this weekend at the Denver show. The Voltages have the legacy style patio rails with only 2 rails on the rear. The steps just fit right into the ramp and had adjustable bottom feet. I asked the Voltage rep and he said you could buy them from the dealer and expect to pay around $500. Of course these said Voltage on the side, so hopefully the ones directly from Mor/ryde will be generic and a bit cheaper. These should work with all legacy style patios.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:32 PM   #8
matandjen

I cannot wait for these to come to the general market. Will be a great addon to allow friends to use the deck without constantly walking through the rv.
matandjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:32 AM   #9
crash

I would love to have a set seeing hows we lost our side door to get the side patio deck ,but we love both decks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	544.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	7759  
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:03 AM   #10
SmittysRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
I would love to have a set seeing hows we lost our side door to get the side patio deck ,but we love both decks
Hello Crash, nice set up!! I may have already asked but what light set up is that on your ladder? I need to add some more or new lighting to my flag set up, Thx!!!

https://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps7fb09er8.png

Tow Vehicle: 2006 F550 studded and bullet proofed!
Toys: 2012 RZR XP4 900, Yamaha WR450, TTR230 and 2 TTR90s.
SmittysRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:26 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

TORKLIFT has folding steps that attach/detach from a permanent mounting bracket. They are a "regular addition" to pickup campers and come in 2,3,4,5 or 6 step models with or without hand rails and some even have a "glow in the dark" safety feature. I think that they would be an easy addition to any patio by simply installing the mount bracket on the edge of the rear/side door and during setup, attach the steps and unfold. We had them on both of our truck campers. They are easy to use and attach in about 30 seconds.

Here's a picture and the link: http://www.torklift.com/index.php/pr...rails/glowstep
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SCISSORS STEPS.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	7766  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:07 PM   #12
chill5500

Howdy, I had the same problem with my FZ403 Chrome, the holes in the steps would not even come close to lining up with the brackets on the patio/ramp door which makes it pretty evident that they do not test this before it leaves the factory. it was also evident that if I just removed the brackets and turned them 180 degrees the holes would then line up and sure enough the did. Hopefully this works for you as well.
chill5500 is offline   Reply With Quote