Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2014, 05:58 AM   #1
Big Dave

New 2014 Raptor 412TS

Well we took possession of our new toy Hauler 2 weeks ago, We full time live in it and so far no real problems.
Just some minor annoyance's, like black and gray tank handles mis-marked and a piece of wood trim not aligned properly.

I hope it is a good unit and trouble free. I traded in a 2013 Montana 3750FL and it was an excellent unit.

We special ordered ours with pretty much every available option.

Montana had there own (MOC) Montana Owners club which was basically just there own forum. Does anyone know if there is A raptor only forum and or group???

Thanks
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:25 AM   #2
antiqfreq

Congrats to you on your new toy hauler.

I do not know of a Keystone Raptor only forum.

This forum also is made up of Keystone owners and the administrator and all moderators have one.

We hope we may help out, if you need it !

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:16 AM   #3
crash

Congrats on the new Raptor ,I couldnt tell you about any Raptor only forums.Good luck with your new diggs
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post

Montana had there own (MOC) Montana Owners club which was basically just there own forum. Does anyone know if there is A raptor only forum and or group???

Thanks
There are 3 Raptor Social Groups that are listed in our Community section of the forum. Look at the top of the page, find the blue bar, Community and click on Social Groups. When the new page appears, you can use the links to view all Social Groups and then locate each of the 3 Raptor groups. There is one for the 361, another for the 395 and another Raptor group that isn't specified as to model.

Perhaps one of these will be what you had in mind and it's easy to join or form your own.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:48 PM   #5
Big Dave

Thanks

A sincere thanks to all who have replied. I would love to hear from anyone else with a 412ts.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:53 PM   #6
gman1966347

Good luck to ya BigDave and many years of fun! I just did the complete opposite of you. I just traded in my 2009 mp Raptor for a 2013 Montana 3150rl.
gman1966347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:35 AM   #7
Drew Waller

Raptors

We have a 332 Ts Toy hauler and this is our second season on it. Was pulling with a 06 Chevy 3500 crew cab diesel and Allison. I just got a 2015 Chevy same configuration. This is our first trip so the Jury is still out on the new diesel with DEF. It sure pulls the mountains better! There's a lot of good info on here about what we experience with our Raptors.

2015 Chevy Crew Cab 3500
Duramax/Allison Tran.
2013 Raptor 332 Toy Hauler
TrailAir Tri-Glide
2 Honda ATV's for climbing
mountains & getting muddy.
Traveling Partners: Dozer & Zeus
Drew Waller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:07 PM   #8
Hamma1111

Same issue with 2015 Raptor 412ts

Just picked up my 2015 412ts. Same issue with black and grey tanks being miss marked. Also have a question, can't figure out inside and outside speakers. Keystone took the switches out. Any suggestions? Thanks
Hamma1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:30 PM   #9
shmthaus

The black and gray handles are mis-marked on our 412TS also. The same on our Sprinter that we traded in....
shmthaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #10
Big Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamma1111 View Post
Just picked up my 2015 412ts. Same issue with black and grey tanks being miss marked. Also have a question, can't figure out inside and outside speakers. Keystone took the switches out. Any suggestions? Thanks
The fader setting on the radio is the way to adjust the sound from the outside speakers to the in side speakers, the sound bar for the TV is the sound source for the living room.

There is no way I have found to adjust the sound from the garage to the living area, but can be adjust from outside speakers to inside speakers.

If you have anymore questions Please ask.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:03 AM   #11
EricLynnAllison

We are in our third year in our 410lev raptor. Hope you like yours as much as we like ours. Made lots of modifications though. 15000 miles and 180 nights.
Previous 1973 Coleman Popup
EricLynnAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #12
shmthaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
The fader setting on the radio is the way to adjust the sound from the outside speakers to the in side speakers, the sound bar for the TV is the sound source for the living room.

There is no way I have found to adjust the sound from the garage to the living area, but can be adjust from outside speakers to inside speakers.

If you have anymore questions Please ask.
Big Dave, our stereo is the same way, which doesn't really make sense since there is a place for inside / outside speaker switches on the master panel.

I sent an inquiry to Keystone asking if this was normal or if it was a dealer prep issue. Below is my email to them and then their response below that.

We purchased our Raptor 412TS on 05/23/2014. During the PDI, we did not have the dealer demonstrate how to switch stereo speakers from inside to outside. We traded in a 2011 Sprinter and figured the speaker switching was similar. The stereo on the Sprinter had a slide switch on it for inside / all / outside speakers. As it turned out, we have to use the stereo fade control to switch between outside and garage speakers. With the fader control set to "0", both outside and garage speakers are on. To turn off the outside speakers, we have to fade to rear. Also, if we want to listen to the stereo on the soundbar below the tv, the garage speakers have to be on. We have to turn the volume way down on the stereo so as to not blast through the garage and turn the soundbar way up to max. Still the volume on the soundbar is very low. There are two spots for switches on the control panel for inside / outside speakers, but there are no switches there. My question is whether this is the normal setup or were the switches supposed to be used? If the fader control is supposed to be used, it doesn't make sense for a rig such as the Raptor. If this isn't the normal setup, then should my local Keystone dealer be able to correctly set it up under warranty? The dealer we purchased it from is 3 hours away where the local dealer is 30 minutes away. Thanks for your time. Chuck & Ali Schmidt

Dear Charles,
Thank you for Contacting Keystone RV in Regards to your 2014 Raptor, I apologize for your troubles. Please take your Camper to a Service Center for this Repair. You may take it to the Service Center you suggested, however you may have to pay the Bill yourself, then turn the invoice into me for Reimbursement.
My information is listed below for your assistance.

Dave, I will let you know what happens when we get a chance to take it in.

2014 Raptor 412TS
2010 Ford F250 4x4
Old 06-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #13
Big Dave

Charles,
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you in regards to what they do to fix the problem!
Dave
Old 06-08-2014, 03:54 PM   #14
shmthaus

I am purely reading into the reply from Keystone, but I wonder if the dealer set it up as best as they could, but if I take it in to my regular dealer and have them set it up as I like, then I can get reimbursed.

Try going to the Keystone website and sending in a request on your own and see what they say. Take my description of the issue and modify it a little or leave it as is.

The response was pretty quick, so I wonder if other 412 owners have contacted Keystone and they have identified it as a problem.

There are three spots for speaker switches: Inside, Outside and Subwoofer. Since we don't have a subwoofer, I won't worry about that one. I think if I get the dealer to install the switches and connect the wires for the proper labeled speakers, then I can fade to "0" which is in the middle and then use the switches to control off/on. I can then just use the soundbar for the living area.

Don't know when i will be able to take it in to the dealer though...

2014 Raptor 412TS
2010 Ford F250 4x4
Old 06-14-2014, 01:58 PM   #15
shmthaus

Big Dave, I stopped by my old dealer that I had bought my previous Keystone from and told the service manager about the stereo issue. He said the stereo is installed at the manufacturer and not the dealer. He said that the current setup didn't make any sense.

He also said that when we take the Raptor in, he is going to get a "stereo guy" to resolve the switch / fader issue because they don't do stereo work. If the stereo doesn't work, they will replace it, but won't work on wiring and such. He said it should be covered under warranty.

Will keep you informed when we take it in next Saturday.

2014 Raptor 412TS
2010 Ford F250 4x4
Old 06-17-2014, 02:17 PM   #16
Flameout

Another 2014 412ts owner here. First off love the design and everything. Coming off a Fuzion 322 wanted the added garage space and additional comforts. Have had a few issues with the trailer but fixed most myself. Had horrible noise coming from the Refrigerator. Turned out some tape above the fans had come loose and fell into the fans. Easy fix once I figured out what it was. Had stereo problems. One outside speaker would not work. Figured it was a loose wire and sure enough had to just remove it and there is was. Connected the wire and it was good to go. I did notice the fader control for moving between outside and garage. My old Fuzion had a really nice stereo set up and 412ts seems to be lacking in that area. I do like the sound bar. And the sound bar does come with a subwoofer. It is supposed to be behind the fireplace but I'm not checking. Have a couple other items that need fixing but overall really love it.

One really annoying thing I have run into is the faucet in the bathroom is set up so it doesn't dump the water in the middle of the sink. So washing hands leads to water all over the sink. Looking at getting a new faucet at some point. Only big problem I have had with the trailer is work. Too much work, not enough time to play in the trailer. Retirement can't come soon enough.

Jim
Flameout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #17
carlc51

I have a 2014 310 TS and I also have that same issue with bathroom faucet. Sub woofer is behind fireplace with easy access by removing 4 screws from storage area. It is connected to sound bar and fader control seems to separate Garage and outside speakers. Do you suppose there is away to hook up Sony player to sound bar for inside radio playing only??
carlc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:48 PM   #18
Flameout

I checked out a 2015 412ts today and they fixed the faucet. Looks like the new one doesn't have the same issue and shoots more to the middle of the sink. Going to see if I can get a new faucet from Keystone. Couple other little thing nothing major. Only other thing I noticed is the recliner really reclines. Mine only goes back very little. New one had my almost laying down. Sure was comfy but at 6'4" I almost filled the entire living area in the "L" shaped area.

Jim
Old 06-22-2014, 08:26 AM   #19
shmthaus

We noticed the bathroom faucet also and the recliner. I wonder if Keystone would cover the faucet replacement under warranty???

If the letter to Keystone works for the radio, I might see about the faucet issue. If we hand't just bought ours, I would try to resolve my self, but might as well let warranty take care of it.

I agree about the recliner not going very far back. We have a small ottoman and it is almost as comfortable using it instead of the recliner.

2014 Raptor 412TS
2010 Ford F250 4x4
Old 06-22-2014, 09:02 PM   #20
Flameout

I agree the faucet should be an easy fix. The tea cup nozzle takes about 30 seconds to take off and fix.

I'm looking for an Ottoman also. I also like the hide-a-bed in the new "L" shape area. But the new furniture material I don't like as well as the material as what we have. If they ever come out with the perfect material and set up I may see if I can take the trailer out to the factor and get the furniture upgraded. I sure love the layout of trailer. Had too many trailers and hope this is the last one for a long time.

Jim