Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
wbatto

Bedroom slide leaking

Hi all,
Bought a new 381 Fuzion this spring and the bedroom slide is leaking when it rains hard. First time was at the beach during heavy blowing rain, the last two times were down pours with some wind. The carpet gets wet in front corner towards the nose right under the slide seal. I checked the roof on the slide and camper and don't see any place it could be leaking. Talked to my dealer and he said its normal for the bedroom slide to leak in heavy blowing rain!!!! Also it doesn't leak when the slide is in. If anyone else has had this problem please let me know how you fixed it.
Thanks
Wbatto
wbatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
BeaverRZR

to find leaks on slides I will have the wife out side with a garden hose while I'm inside with lights checking all the seals. You can't put the slide all the way out but it's usually effective. If you just bought in the spring it should be under warranty and I'd make the dealer fix it
Old 07-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
crash

Our raptor leaked alittle and we took it back to the dealer and had them fix the problem
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:47 AM   #4
Rabbit Sheriff

Angry

Our Raptor leaked a lot on the main slide. I was thinking maybe it had a water fall option. Soaked the entire floor. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER since i just paid big money for this thing! Dealer said they had to seal where the rubber roof meets the slide. But after several camping trips I understand why, there are many other things half way done on our unit. Maybe they were training a new guy when building it.
Rabbit Sheriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
wva3185

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbatto View Post
Hi all,
Bought a new 381 Fuzion this spring and the bedroom slide is leaking when it rains hard. First time was at the beach during heavy blowing rain, the last two times were down pours with some wind. The carpet gets wet in front corner towards the nose right under the slide seal. I checked the roof on the slide and camper and don't see any place it could be leaking. Talked to my dealer and he said its normal for the bedroom slide to leak in heavy blowing rain!!!! Also it doesn't leak when the slide is in. If anyone else has had this problem please let me know how you fixed it.
Thanks
Wbatto
On my Fuzion 3544 the leak was actually on the bottom seal. The metal brackets on the bottom of the slide are "L" shaped and when the slide runs out the bottom seal does not conform around the bottom of the "L" shaped metal. The other three slides do not have the "L" shaped metal. When I found it I was able to take a straight piece of flat metal and get the seal worked around it. The next time I ran the slide out it would not seal off. I took a swim noodle and cut a small quarter round out of it the length needed and inserted it from the outside so as to not see any daylight. Has worked so far but dealer is going to fix it in October when the season is over.
wva3185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:17 AM   #6
Luckybuck55

Question

i tried this on my 342 and it stills leaks could it be coming in on the piece of angle metal at bottom of slide. It only leaks when slide is out. My wife can stick finger in hole from front corner at bed and I can see from
outside piece of noodle did not stop water it comes in at that corner. I close the slide when I leave. It does not have to rain hard only takes a few minutes for it to start getting wet ! ANY ANSWERS
Luckybuck55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:01 AM   #7
RVdawg

My bedroom slide leaked as well only when out. Dealer could not find problem nor reproduce leak. The only place I could see that it would leak was under the slide from water runoff on the side seal. I ended up buying a piece of garage door weather strip for a wooden door at Ace Hardware and cut to fit under the slide. I put it in when I set up camp and take out before letting slide in. So far so good....no leaks in 2 rain storms.
RVdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #8
Whitehouse

Our bedroom slide leaked also leaked on our old Raptor. Dealer replaced the seal and it never leaked again
Whitehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:35 PM   #9
Luckybuck55

Had water leak on 342 fuzion coming in on front corner of bedroom with slide out got fixed today the problem was as stated here before it was the bottom piece of angled metal it was not caulked at factory. Rained all day no leak ! Thanks to Cape Fear Custom RV Thanks Dennis for your help!
Luckybuck55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:15 PM   #10
WYRaptor

I noticed that the flexible flap seals on top and sides of the slideout flex back and forth with the slide going in and out. On our Raptor the bedroom slide leaked during rain. Parts of the seal are still curled under the exterior wall after the slide extends, thus not shedding water away. When the slide is retracted, the 2 inch flap is pushed back under the exterior wall so the "noodle" seal presses tight sealing out water.

After extending the slides, I take the awning crank and run the hook underneath to pull the seal lip out on the sides. But the top seal can only be seen from above, so I have to get on the roof if rain is in the forecast.

I can take pictures so that makes more sense, but I haven't found any uncaulked joints on mine