Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #1
wbatto

Memory Foam Mattress

Hello,
My wife and I just purchased a 381 Fuzion. The unit had the Monster package which included the upgraded residential size memory foam Mattress. We have slept on it 3times now and it is very hard. My question is: Do these mattress ever get any softer with time as I was told by my dealer after about 30 nights of sleep they do .
Thanks
wbatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #2
JANKEII

Go to Costco or Sams and get the memory foam mattress in the box. Best bed for an RV.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
SlowPoke

Quote:
My question is: Do these mattress ever get any softer with time as I was told by my dealer after about 30 nights of sleep they do .
Ummm, No, mine hasn't, I'm going the MemFoam topper way as soon as I can find the lowest price locally.

Tisk, Tisk, Those darn dealers......LOL

2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab w ith 2013 Keystone Passport 3180RE

SlowPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
Honda4us

Our raptor too has the upgraded memory phone mattress, while the firmness is fine the amount of heat it holds is unreal. New ordered a gell topper the claims it's cooling. Time will tell, it has a 30 day try it , like it or return so I'm not out anything. Keystones response was talk to your dealer, they sell mattress like I really want to spend more $$ when they tell e I already got the upgrade....
'11 3500HD C/C LTZ BLACK LMLD/A 4X4,B & W HITCH
'12 3500 EC/LB SRW
'13 381LEV W/GOODYEAR G614's
4 Honda ATV's, '12 Can-AM Spyder
Ralleys attended 14 and counting
Honda4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #5
1bacamaro

We have a new fuzion 381 and I love the bed because I have a bad back. Our old cougar was way to soft. The heat isn't a problem because I always have the a/c running over top of the bed.
1bacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
Guter Mannes Hirt

Memory Foam Mattress

Memory foam mattresses can be heat sensitve. With that being said if your Rv is cooler or cold then your mattress will be firmer. If your RV is warmer it should be softer. They generally do not soften up with time its all ltemperature related. Now if you can put a standard queen in your RV and not the shorter version I would reccommend the Comforpedic Mattress by Simmons. They are about the best buy for the Money. I own a Cougar 325srx and I am putting one of those in this year. I am a certified sleep proffessional by the way and know my mattresses
Guter Mannes Hirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:38 AM   #7
Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda4us View Post
Our raptor too has the upgraded memory phone mattress, while the firmness is fine the amount of heat it holds is unreal. New ordered a gell topper the claims it's cooling. Time will tell, it has a 30 day try it , like it or return so I'm not out anything. Keystones response was talk to your dealer, they sell mattress like I really want to spend more $$ when they tell e I already got the upgrade....
We have the Raptor MP300 with the upgraded mattress too. It is hard. Did put a memory foam topper on it. It is heat sensitive. May have to get a gel topper too. What kind are you getting of the gel topper?
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #8
Jim Dow

Memory Foam Mattress Add-on

My wire found a 1 1/2" Memory Foam mattress topper that improved our bed trememdously. Would not be without it; and it's quite comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Memory Foam Pad.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	3137  
Jim Dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #9
CaptainMike

I kept the extra thick futon mattress I had bought for my previous camper when I traded in. Gave them the new one that came with it. We have had very good luck with the futon mattress.
It doesn't collapse like rv mattresses.
CaptainMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:11 AM   #10
canesfan

Just picked up a 2014 Raptor with memory foam top mattress. It is HARD. Almost swapped it with the RV mattress I traded in which was really comfy. Instead opted to buy a pillow top matress topper from Wmart for apprx $50. Will see if that solves the problem as soon as it gets above freezing again.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:46 AM   #11
FullTimer

We have one of the 4 inch thick memory foams ($130) on top of our regular mattress, night and day difference. It did make the bed a slight challenge for the wife to mount, it's higher from the floor, but it's so worth it. Lol, I bought her step stool to make it easier.
FullTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:24 PM   #12
Harley Hauler

We got one of those memory foam mattress pads last year and it's going in the garbage in the spring it's to hot in the summer, sheets don't fit good, it sticks when you move and it's really cold in the fall. The wife hates it.
Harley Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:07 PM   #13
FullTimer

Ours came with a satin feeling sheet. But I felt that way, when I tossed a $2K sleep by number bed, when we bought this trailer. What a disappointment to put it mildly. About the only way I would go anymore besides what we have, is a pillowtop.
FullTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:53 PM   #14
rcbufalino

We went with a sleep number, they have a RV model, that's available thru Camping World. They are a little pricy, but definitely worth the money.
2014 Yamaha Stratoliner (His)
2014 Yamaha Stratoliner (Her)
1999 Yamaha Venture Royal Star
:USA2
rcbufalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:59 AM   #15
koko

We've been using memory foam toppers for four years now. We like it because we put our fitted bottom sheet around the 2 1/2 inch memory foam topper instead of the whole mattress. Makes the bed so much easier to make!

2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k-Jeep Wrangler
2013 Bullet Premier 19FBPR-Dodge Durango V8 Hemi
2013 Rpod 177HRE-Jeep Liberty
2011 Aliner Sport-Jeep Cherokee
2008 Little Guy 5^Wide-Toyota Avalon
1980 Shasta 21-GMC Suburban
1981 Coleman Tent Camper-1981 Dodge Ramcharger
1978 VW Westfalia
Lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:47 PM   #16
911GPS

Raptor 410 lev mattress

Our Raptor came with the lovely memory foam mattress (King size ??? )...It last a grand total of 90 nights before it sagged and broke down... Our dealer did replace it...but with the same darn thing... Our friends also had a Raptor mattress that broke down in less than 90 nights.... I

If this one get us through the summer, we'll be looking for something else
911GPS is offline   Reply With Quote