Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2018, 06:43 AM   #1
DanaJan

Polaroid tv says no signal

We pulled our new Passport 2400BH home this week from the dealer. The Polaroid flat screen worked off the antenna just fine at the dealership, but I can't get a picture on it at home. It turns on and I can flip through all the channels, but it says 'no signal.' What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any direction.
DanaJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:51 AM   #2
jeff57

Maybe you need to turn on the Antenna amplifier? It's a button that is located on a "wall plate", sometimes on the ceiling (in my camper it's on the Bedroom ceiling, on the other side of the wall from the TV). Mine also has a cigarette-lighter type 12V outlet adjacent to this button. There should be a Green LED light that will light up when the amplifier is turned on (button pushed in).

Hope this helps!
Previous: 2014 F150 SCrew 4x4 w/3.5 EcoBoost; 2014 Laredo 274RB

jeff57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:54 AM   #3
Terry W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaJan View Post
We pulled our new Passport 2400BH home this week from the dealer. The Polaroid flat screen worked off the antenna just fine at the dealership, but I can't get a picture on it at home. It turns on and I can flip through all the channels, but it says 'no signal.' What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any direction.
Is the antenna booster turned on? Antenna raised up? Make sure tv is on antenna input and do channel scan

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:18 AM   #4
travelin texans

Every time you move the rv you have to go the tv menu, set to antenna or cable, whichever input is being used, the booster must be "on" for antenna/"off" for cable & scan the channels. My tv has a signal meter in the menu & once I've scanned the channels, I check the signal & rotate the antenna slowly to the strongest signal, may have to rescan after finding the strongest signal, this is not necessary if using cable input. I have the Winggard batwing antenna, you may have something different. Talked to folks that have the little round spacecraft looking antenna & get very poor reception with it, the Jack antenna has fairly good reviews.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:46 AM   #5
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Danajan, any update on your issue?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:06 PM   #6
DanaJan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
Danajan, any update on your issue?

Everything is working now. I apologize for not responding, but I have been out of commission for several days.

I appreciate everyone's help!
DanaJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:53 PM   #7
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Everything is working now. I apologize for not responding, but I have been out of commission for several days.

Great. Glad your on your way up. Have a great summer.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:15 AM   #8
t_dogg80

Quote:

I'm having the same issue. What did you do to fix your issue? My booster is on. Nothing after scanning. I should be getting at least 2 solid channels here according to the map here. Any ideas?
Old 04-16-2018, 05:52 AM   #9
notanlines

T-dogg, how close are you to a major broadcasting tower. Remember, not the station, but the tower. I don't see any towers near Kelowna. If you happen to be 40 or 50 miles from the nearest tower and in hilly areas you're probably out of luck.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:56 AM   #10
t_dogg80

The closest tower is apparently 10.1 miles away. I know I can pick up the channels in my house with our hd antenna. Nothing special. Just can't get anything on the RV. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180416-065638_Chrome.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	16052
Old 04-16-2018, 06:01 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Not "every location" in a 360 degree area from a broadcast tower will receive the signal. As an example, in Marquette Tourist Park Campground, there is a power plant that is powered by coal. The chimney (30' in diameter and 100' tall) for that power plant sits directly in line between the broadcast tower and the back row of campsites. TV reception is great in every campsite except the back row.

So, I'd suggest that before you go ripping things out and do extensive troubleshooting, tow the trailer a couple miles from the current location and see if you get TV reception there.

You might have a problem with a faulty component or a bad crimp on a connector, then you may have nothing wrong "electronically" but just be in a bad reception area.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:45 AM   #12
t_dogg80

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Not "every location" in a 360 degree area from a broadcast tower will receive the signal. As an example, in Marquette Tourist Park Campground, there is a power plant that is powered by coal. The chimney (30' in diameter and 100' tall) for that power plant sits directly in line between the broadcast tower and the back row of campsites. TV reception is great in every campsite except the back row.

So, I'd suggest that before you go ripping things out and do extensive troubleshooting, tow the trailer a couple miles from the current location and see if you get TV reception there.

You might have a problem with a faulty component or a bad crimp on a connector, then you may have nothing wrong "electronically" but just be in a bad reception area.
Fair enough. My trailer is literally 5 feet from my house though. That being said, I get it and will try on our next trip. It's even closer to that antenna.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:38 AM   #13
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post

Good advice from John. The digital over the air signal is a UHF signal that's strictly line of sight. Buildings, trees, etc. can block that signal. The typical web sites for aiming antenna's assume an unobstructed site line and some elevation of the antenna. Setting next to a house with the antenna much lower than the house will hinder the results. Relating to my own situation I have a television in my garage with connections for both cable and over the air antenna. When the camper is in the driveway I can connect it to that OVA connection and the number of available channels nearly triples. Let us know what you find out on your next trip.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:54 AM   #14
t_dogg80

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Good advice from John. The digital over the air signal is a UHF signal that's strictly line of sight. Buildings, trees, etc. can block that signal. The typical web sites for aiming antenna's assume an unobstructed site line and some elevation of the antenna. Setting next to a house with the antenna much lower than the house will hinder the results. Relating to my own situation I have a television in my garage with connections for both cable and over the air antenna. When the camper is in the driveway I can connect it to that OVA connection and the number of available channels nearly triples. Let us know what you find out on your next trip.
Wow, that really is line of sight. I was up until 2am the first night that we had our trailer trying to figure it out. Lol.