Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2017, 08:01 PM   #21
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66joej View Post
Just a word of caution on those slide supports. Don't put too much pressure on them. A friend had them and got a bit rambunctious with jacking and ended up distorting his slide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Take them back and get a refund. Back in the day of manual pull outs the floors didn't have great support. Now they do and using those can cause more damage than good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
You can find they create a small problem,,,, or a HUGE problem. Use them and at some point there will be a problem with the slide, the only question is how expensive to repair.
X4!
Slides don't need support, we have a 13'X3' slide on the side of our 5er, just doesn't have the leverage.

If you want to stop the rock and wiggle get a set of JT Strong Arms.

Best current price I have found two sites within $2 of each other! I have ordered product from both, and would do again without hesitation!

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...stabilizer.htm $215.85 + Shipping

https://www.makariosrv.com/strong-ar...t-of-6-191025/ $222.88 + Free Shipping
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 06:19 PM   #22
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by craign View Post
Leatherman,

Our Premier 22 RPBR felt pretty unstable after levelling. Our solution was to install the Steadyfast stabilizers, which work with your trailer's scissor jacks. Now our camper feels very stable once setup is complete. Installation was not bad and setup takes an extra minute. Go to Steadyfast.com for details.

Regards,
Craig
I have the same trailer and the same stabilizers, they work great, reducing most of the wiggle.

-Brian
Old 04-30-2017, 05:02 AM   #23
Leatherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by craign View Post
Leatherman,

Our Premier 22 RPBR felt pretty unstable after levelling. Our solution was to install the Steadyfast stabilizers, which work with your trailer's scissor jacks. Now our camper feels very stable once setup is complete. Installation was not bad and setup takes an extra minute. Go to Steadyfast.com for details.

Regards,
Craig
First, thanks for all of the replies. You have talked me out of the slide supports. I have looked at the videos for the Steadyfast stabilizers and I think I am going to go with a set of those for now.
I will keep you updated.

Tx again!
Leatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:43 PM   #24
Leatherman

Ok, so I realized why the trailer has a bad habit of rocking back and forth. I will go out and routinely find that the stabilizer jacks need to be re-tightened (screwed down) as they become very loose and not connected to the wood blocks I have on the ground.

Look at the picture below. It appears as though Keystone is not bolting the stabilizer jacks directly to the trailer frames. All other trailers that I have looked at have not used this system.

They have a "L" bracket mounted to the frame and then the jacks mounted to the bottom of the "L" bracket. This causes an incredible amount of movement while inside the trailer (side to side movement, forward / backwards seems ok).

Anyone else having this issue? Any resolution?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0260.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	12950  
2018 Keystone 24RKPR (Previous)
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman CTD
Leatherman is offline   Reply With Quote