Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2017, 05:57 AM   #1
talley

Refrigerator problem

I have a 2015 Bullet 22 rbpr. The refrigerator worked on gas but not on electric. Took it to the shop and the replaced the mother board for $305. Took it on a trip and fridge would not work on gas or electric but freezer worked on both. Fuses are good. Took it back to the shop and they seem to be stumped. Any ideas?
talley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:29 AM   #2
talley

Update: Shop has decided that the coils are blocked and they want to remove the fridge and turn it upside down to dislodge blockage. Even though fridge was working fine on gas when I took it in.
talley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:20 AM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by talley View Post
Update: Shop has decided that the coils are blocked and they want to remove the fridge and turn it upside down to dislodge blockage. Even though fridge was working fine on gas when I took it in.

Hmmm, I hope they know what they are doing. I hate it when they start "I'm not sure......uh, let's try this!!"
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:58 AM   #4
Outback 325BH
Gone Traveling

If I was having my absorption refrigerator removed from the camper, it would not go back in unless a new Amish cooling unit was installed. Too much work to remove the fridge without installing a fresh cooling unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outback 325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:49 AM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Turning a fridge upside down is an urban myth. They are wasting your time and money. Blockages don't "unblock" themselves by turning it upside down.

IF there was a blockage, the refrigerant wouldn't be able to migrate down to the bottom to start the process again. IMO if there was a blockage, the WHOLE unit wouldn't cool.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote