Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2014, 04:47 AM   #1
lifebeginsafterdeath

2011 FS30 or 2009 3110

How do to all, new to the forum and looking for advice? we looking to purchase our first used toy hauler. We like the layout of the FS30 but the reviews are not good. I understand for the most part, people won't/don't post positive reviews because i guess for the most part, they happy and no need to but when it comes to having problems, it gets known. With reviews on the 3110, slim to none. Was curious to those that own these units if they can give some suggestions or which route they would go? Both units are within our price range for the most part, still doing some dealing, waiting on answers to questions we have. The dealer on the FS30 seems to think i can get an extended warranty but with warranty, not positive on it either. So, as i am seeing it, we will be running with which ever unit with no warranty and "as is". The layout on the FS30 we really like but afraid of the issues that others are experiencing and wondering if we could be getting into that boat if we go with it instead of the 3110? tks for suggestions and inputs.
lifebeginsafterdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
bsmith0404

Doesn't look like you're getting much help on this one. Sorry I can't help much, not familiar with either of them. The only advice I can give is buy the one you like best and go over it with a fine tooth comb before you pull it off the lot. Are the problems you have read about more cosmetic that can be easily fixed yourself or major mechanical issues?
Either way, go with your gut. If you buy one you will probably constantly be worried if something is going to break and cussing every time something does. If you buy the other you will constantly be looking at the things you don't like wishing you had bought the other. With both, anytime something goes wrong you will second guess your choice.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:22 AM   #3
lifebeginsafterdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
Doesn't look like you're getting much help on this one. Sorry I can't help much, not familiar with either of them. The only advice I can give is buy the one you like best and go over it with a fine tooth comb before you pull it off the lot. Are the problems you have read about more cosmetic that can be easily fixed yourself or major mechanical issues?
Either way, go with your gut. If you buy one you will probably constantly be worried if something is going to break and cussing every time something does. If you buy the other you will constantly be looking at the things you don't like wishing you had bought the other. With both, anytime something goes wrong you will second guess your choice.
i guess its understandable with no response? I think we going with the FS. It has new tires, upgraded water tank, 8k lb distribution hitch but does have damage where the stock tire blew out. Appreciate the response
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014080795100114.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	6776   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014080795100725.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	6777   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014081195091835.jpg
Views:	85