Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2014, 07:21 PM   #1
Jretmier

Raptor 300mp air mattress

Can someone tell me what is the manufacture of the air mattress that converts the couch into a bed. I didn't get the power unit when I bought the new/used Raptor.
Jretmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jretmier View Post
Can someone tell me what is the manufacture of the air mattress that converts the couch into a bed. I didn't get the power unit when I bought the new/used Raptor.
What year Raptor, Is it a 300MP: I have a post out on the forum about an issue with the Queen size Air Mattress and the type sofa used in certain years. Let me no year and if it is a 300MP
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:49 AM   #3
Jretmier

2012 Raptor Volicity 300MP. I bought it new/ used from the dealer about a month ago. Took the air mattress out yesterday and realized that there is a electric power cord that is missing. I looked all over the mattress and no reference as to who makes it.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:44 AM   #4
canesfan

Hmmm, our last (thankfully) air mattress had the pump all self contained into the air mattress, no removing it or the cord. So not sure what you have. Can you use one of those pumps like come with an air mattress that you can buy at Wmart or Target or somewhere? Either that or ask your dealer where to get one.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:50 AM   #5
Jretmier

Air mattress

The mattress has a electric pump integrated into the mattress. It has a small electric plug socket for, I'm assuming, a 110 electric plug to fill, inflate the mattress. It does have a 1/2 to 3/4" plastic plug on the opposite side to manually fill. I would prefer to use the integrated electric pump in the event we need the exta bed space.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:20 AM   #6
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
2012 Raptor Volicity 300MP. I bought it new/ used from the dealer about a month ago. Took the air mattress out yesterday and realized that there is a electric power cord that is missing. I looked all over the mattress and no reference as to who makes it.
May want to read through this post

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...highlight=sofa

That is the unit 2012 Velosity 300MP that we were in the final stages of purchasing until she seen the patio package. Asked Dealer if he could install it as an option. He called Keystone and found out that it is not a dealer install option and requires a reinforced ramp and only installed at Factory. OKAY Enough history.

As indicated in that referenced thread the air mattress usually supplied in the 300 no longer is in the 2013 300MP due to the change in the SOFA, Basically a queen will no longer fit in there. The air mattress that I am aware of was a stepped mattress where the head portion went on the sofa after cushion was removed.

Guess what I am saying may want to open up that air mattress and get some measurements to see if it will even work in that sofa area. Thought that the 2012 had same sofa as 2013 will have to see if I have any pictures or had any info from that 2012 as far as notes. I know with the sofa I have you are mnot getting a queen size anything in that area.

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 04-25-2014, 09:00 AM   #7
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
The mattress has a electric pump integrated into the mattress. It has a small electric plug socket for, I'm assuming, a 110 electric plug to fill, inflate the mattress. It does have a 1/2 to 3/4" plastic plug on the opposite side to manually fill. I would prefer to use the integrated electric pump in the event we need the exta bed space.
Could not find picture of entire 2012 velocity couch but looks like similar sofa arms which appear to be same width. So my guess is that queen air mattress will not work in that area either. Your will have to measure and see

Like I said we were very close to pulling the trigger on that 2012 did find some info on air mattress. Looks like that jack you are referring to is for a 12VDC standard power adapter. Standard Power adapter is 120 VAC in and 12VDC out, should be marked on the mattress pump. As canesfan said you should be able to get this adapter anywhere. On these adapters only think you need to be aware of is the polarity of the 12VDC plug most are center pin is +12VDC again should be marked on pump.

Again that small plug is 12 VDC not 120 VAC.

Keep us informed. If you are in the correct mine set can call KS

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 04-25-2014, 09:49 AM   #8
canesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
Looks like that jack you are referring to is for a 12VDC standard power adapter. Standard Power adapter is 120 VAC in and 12VDC out, should be marked on the mattress pump. As canesfan said you should be able to get this adapter anywhere. On these adapters only think you need to be aware of is the polarity of the 12VDC plug most are center pin is +12VDC again should be marked on pump.

Again that small plug is 12 VDC not 120 VAC.
Is it a 12VDC plug, or is it the other end of an 120VAC cord, the kind with the two little round "jacks" if you know what I mean. I have a million of those cords around here but can't find one to take a picture.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:49 AM   #9
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
Is it a 12VDC plug, or is it the other end of an 120VAC cord, the kind with the two little round "jacks" if you know what I mean. I have a million of those cords around here but can't find one to take a picture.
The 12 VDC power unit has basically two pieces a short AC cord one end into the AC and the other end into the power unit providing it with 120VAC, the actual power unit has a single permanent cord coming out the side to a small plug providing the 12VDC. This end gets plugged into the mattress motor supplying 12VDC to the motor. Think most laptop power supplies are like this (two pieces).

The cord you were describing is the short piece on the AC side. I know a picture would be much easier but then what would retirees do all day

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)