Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2019, 11:07 AM   #1
MariettaChuck

2019 Fuzion 427: Installing wiring for roof mounted solar

Hi Folks,

I am picking up my new Fuzion 427 Saturday, YeeHaw! I have found that this unit is not prepped for solar, therefore I will be installing wiring from the roof down to the battery compartment. My last camper had been prewired and the wires were routed to the roof through the fridge roof vent. I assume that is the first route I will investigate. Has anyone run cables to the roof on their unit? Any pointers you would care to share? I know solar inside and out and boondock constantly. I thought about getting (2) 200 watt suitcase panels and just setting them up when I am parked. This is much more efficient because you can aim the panels towards the sun, but I am worried about having $1000.00 worth of panels "grow legs" and disappear...

Thanks in advance,
Chuck
MariettaChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:52 AM   #2
roadglide

I finished watching u tube video on the 427 rig. I can see there is no you could pull wires through the 1 touch controller. May be through the vac system up front through the wall . I would move that panel and see what wiring is there. I removed molding in the bathroom drilled small hole at angle l then got brass brazing rod cut to Lehigh sharpened the end. Drilled through bearing wall up through the roof . I then drilled 1 inch hoe for number 6 wire for my panels .
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:36 AM   #3
Brentw

Went up beside the plumbing vent, relatively easy to reseal the roof around the pipe and it usually will get you down in the basement where you can pull it up to a wall mount controller.
2008 Goldwing
Brentw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:56 PM   #4
XjeepX

I know you posted 2 months ago, and i am curious of your findings if you have already dug into the project. I also have a 2019 427, however I 100% have pre-wires for solar on the roof. They are in a nice weatherproof case, and terminated already with mc4 connectors up on the roof (front right side). down in the storage bay, the wires (10awg) are coiled just above and to the right of the in command relay panel. My issue, is that they are crimped to another set of wires that travel down into the belly of the trailer, and i am unable to find out where they come out. There is also a small 22 gauge or so data cable that is pre-wired up to the main "hallway", its zip tied to the wire harness behind the tank heater switches. its for using a solar charge controller or battery monitoring control panel/screen.

please let me know more about your solar project, i have two 300 watt panels i am mounting on the roof this weekend, and will be in some fashion utilizing the main pre-wires to get power into the storage bay.
XjeepX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion, roof, solar, wiring