Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2019, 09:31 AM   #1
Nancyexeland

Question Tv size

I have a Springdale 2018 2020QB. It has a place for a tv mount. What is the largest tv that I could use on a swivel mount?
Nancyexeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 11:57 AM   #2
ajk170

Nancyexeland- I’m no expert on this stuff but from what I know the short answer is, “It depends”

Specifically some of the things needed to know is where are you mounting the TV and what type of TV. There are a couple of industry standards on mounts(I think) and most TVs will accommodate one of the standards. I do know Samsung TVs are a little difficilt with just any old mount. LG, Visio and Sony are all pretty much the same. The mounts can handle well over 50” TVs but you have to pay attention to the mount itself- it may only handle up to a 32” TV. So the mounts are a little specific in TV size as well as the mounting pattern on the back.
I would measure the space that I want the tv (top to bottom and left to right) in- esp. if there are cabinets or walls enclosing the space then that’s what will limit the size of the tv installed.
So pay attention to what size the mount say it can handle and a simple google search of what type of mount can be used on a particular manufacturer and then measure to ensure you get a tv that mounts into your space.

Not sure if this helps, but it was my best shot! -Andy
ajk170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 12:08 PM   #3
busterbrown

I'd have to say for a swivel mount for your compact trailer size, I wouldn't go any larger than 28 inches. We mounted a 22 inch TV in our bunkhouse room for the kids. They have no problem watching a movie on it during a 'wet' day. We have a 32 inch in the main cabin which is plenty big for that space. But we also have a much larger trailer. You should be happy with a 28" screen as it'll be extremely thin, lightweight, and compatible with the smallest swivel style VESA mounts.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:22 PM   #4
Seymoore

I have a 2017 2020QB and I hung a 32” TV on a swivel arm which works great for sitting at the dinette and watching, it’s at a really good angle. The problem is that when you pull the TV out and try and rotate it (so you can watch from bed) the TV is too large to clear the cabinet.
Seymoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 03:41 PM   #5
Nancyexeland

Do you think if I install a 28” it could swivel out to see from the bed? Then not hit cupboard. Thank you.
Nancyexeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:57 PM   #6
ajk170

Nancyexeland- Well, based on what Seymour suggests about his 32", by stepping down you might clear the cupboard that is in the way- but my mathematical guess is it may not if the cabinet/cupboard is really big - but I didn't major in math so don't let me discourage you! The only way to know is to do it with the 28" and a mount that has a rally long reach on it. I suggest you get the material from somewhere that you can return it without a problem and test it. If it doesn't work, return it. Now that's a little bit of work, but if it's important to you than it might be worth trying. I've also come to accept the notion that anything can be done, and done well with the right amount of money and patience (or in my case, trail and error). But the $$$ part is the real catch trying to do things on the cheap may not end in the results you want but throw everything you can afford at a problem (end patience), and you can over come a lot of obstacles. Good Luck! -Andy
ajk170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:47 AM   #7
Bisjoe

I have the same trailer (2017) and I put in two TVs, both 24", one for the dinette the other in the bedroom. Each location had an antenna connection and "TV MOUNT" sticker, though both stickers were a few inches off. I would say that either place could handle a 32" without problems, but I wouldn't try to watch the dinette TV from bed, when a second smart TV is just a hundred or so now in the small sizes.

Bisjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:57 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

^^^ I agree with Bisjoe. When TV's are $98+ and "long reach, articulating TV mounts are $129+, it doesn't make a lot of economic sense to buy a TV mount that "might work or might not work" when there's a specified TV mounting space identified in the area you're trying to provide TV.

Additionally, with headphones for one of the viewers (the proximity of the TV's precludes both using speakers) then two programs can be viewed by two groups of viewers. With an articulating arm and one TV, that isn't a possibility.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:29 AM   #9
kaklein

Wanted to share a great product we found to have outside tv when we need it. It's a suction cup mount for a flat screen by GoStik. Suctions to side of rig with a push button pump and easily removes. BEST invention ever and many can gather around for a weekend game or evening movie outdoors. No permanent install!

https://gostikproducts.com
kaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:26 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

I'd urge caution with any "vacuum device" on the side of a "vacuum bonded fiberglass RV". The construction of an RV fiberglass sidewall is such that some have luan backing, some have cardboard backing, some have slight leaks that aren't visible, all are "glued together" and there are many cases of adhesive failure (delamination) that occur naturally. Hanging a 30 pound TV off the side of an RV "MAY" be OK, but again, hanging a 30 pound TV off the side an an RV "MAY NOT" be OK.

I'd let someone else be the "guinea pig" on this one...... YMMV

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote