Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2019, 03:29 PM   #1
notanlines

Best bed liner

Of all the trucks we have owned, company and personal, none have ever had a spray on bed liner. Who might have an opinion concerning said liners and, of course, which brand would be the best.
No, I have no wish to set this up and do it myself.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:52 PM   #2
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Of all the trucks we have owned, company and personal, none have ever had a spray on bed liner. Who might have an opinion concerning said liners and, of course, which brand would be the best.
No, I have no wish to set this up and do it myself.
Jim as far as brand the factory installed spray in liner has been the best for me (trouble is this involves buying a new truck). But I'm sure the aftermarket ones such as Rhino which has good reviews are good. SIL had a body shop and used to instal these. Years ago I had Ziebart do one for me. Lasted great for the time I had the truck (3 years). JMO

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:07 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

LineX or Rhino are the two "most common" liners. Not that you'll have any problems (at least hopefully you won't) but if you should, getting warranty service on those two brands would probably be easier since they seem to have dealers in most areas.

If you're looking for a custom color, LineX (I believe) is the only one that can custom match colors. Rhinoliner, last I knew, only had the flat black color with no options in spray on bed liners, but they do have some solar/UV spray products. Some of them may do "double duty", but I haven't done any research on them since they don't have a dealer in this area.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:24 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Hey Jim,

Of course for decades we didn't have a liner of any type and doubt they existed. The 1st liners I used were the plastic liners made for a specific truck. Looked pretty spiffy but slick and when removed you found the bed looked as if it had never had a liner in it. My last 3 trucks have had spray in bed liners. 2 came from the factory with it and the 3rd (this one) was a dealer add but I don't know which spray on product they used. The ones that came from the factory were very strong and didn't chip and seemed thicker. The one on this truck, the aftermarket spray on, seems thinner and it does have a small chip in it in one location. How it got there I don't know, but I do know the factory spray ons did not do that. I use a rubber bed mat made for the truck in the bottom to prevent marring of any furniture or material I place in the bed. I wouldn't have another pickup without it. Here is a link (which you've probably seen) that gives a little info on the liners and might be helpful. Wishing you luck in choosing one that works for you;
https://tundraheadquarters.com/blog/...ino-bed-liner/
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:44 PM   #5
captcolour

I've had Line-X in three trucks and highly recommend them. They take outpall the bolts, then spray on the liner, then put things back. Allows you to undo things easily if needed.
captcolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 05:12 PM   #6
Northofu1

I like the rhino liner in my truck bed, I also had a problem with my paint peeling on my running boards, had them rhino line them. they look great and take a beating. The bed and the boards clean up nicely.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:36 PM   #7
rhagfo

Well our 2001 Ram bought used in 2010 with 234,000 miles had spray in liner, and still has, still in great shape.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:49 PM   #8
travelin texans

100% Line X. Has more hardner than Rhino, can be color matched to your truck & lifetime warranty.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:21 PM   #9
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
100% Line X. Has more hardner than Rhino, can be color matched to your truck & lifetime warranty.
The color match would be nice, except WHITE!
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:02 PM   #10
busterbrown

Jim, Line-X hands down. I'm in the process of removing my plastic piece of "you know what" and having my local Line-X shop apply their product. Just need the weather to cooperate as my truck is clean and polished and stored in my garage awaiting her big trip come March.

When I was at the Line-X shop last week, there was a landscaping owner sitting there waiting for his new F250 to be completed. We got to chatting. Told me he had at least 6 trucks now sprayed by Line-X over 10 years without ever one coming back for a warranty concern. I then went into the shop to look at his premium/platinum application. I was impressed. He further told me that he elects not to to have the dealer or factory do it. Says the product and technique by Line-X is so much better. I was detailed oriented at the Detroit Auto Show 1 week later and I can honestly say I agree with that small business owner.

Now, if the weather was on my side...
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:01 AM   #11
travelin texans

You couldn't pay me to use one if the plastic liners. We had a few in company trucks, oil/gas industry, that were too slippery to stand on if slightly wet & created static electricity by stuff sliding around, not something you want around flammable products. We were told to remove them from all vehicles after one employee slipped & broke an arm & several ribs & another ignited some gasoline samples.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:20 AM   #12
notanlines

At this point I am leaning towards Line-X of Lauderdale. He responded with quotes immediately without a lot of baloney involved and they certainly seem to have the experience. $800 for the new, long bed, black, and Platinum Line-X.
Thanks for all the recommendations so far.
Jim
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:53 AM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

$800 sounds about right. I paid $675 in 2009 for the last truck I had done by LineX. When I sold it 4 years later in 2013 the bed still looked new. Granted, I don't use my trucks as "oil field transport" but do use them to haul "normal stuff" like dirt, gravel, firewood, etc. Just hose it out, it looks like new.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:24 AM   #14
Jerry S

Not sure how you can say hands down if you have never used Rhino. I have had Rhino spray ins in my last three Dodges Trucks and have never has so much as a scratch in them even hauling things like car engines and transmissions. When I get firewood I toss it in the bed, no problems. I guess if color matching is what you like then go for the LineX but Rhino is just as good. My Dodge dealers sends all their trucks out to the local Rhino shop for those that want that option. My oldest Dodge Ram is a 2005 and the Rhino still looks brand new. Do as you like but my opinion is that Rhino is just as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbrown View Post
Jim, Line-X hands down. I'm in the process of removing my plastic piece of "you know what" and having my local Line-X shop apply their product. Just need the weather to cooperate as my truck is clean and polished and stored in my garage awaiting her big trip come March.

When I was at the Line-X shop last week, there was a landscaping owner sitting there waiting for his new F250 to be completed. We got to chatting. Told me he had at least 6 trucks now sprayed by Line-X over 10 years without ever one coming back for a warranty concern. I then went into the shop to look at his premium/platinum application. I was impressed. He further told me that he elects not to to have the dealer or factory do it. Says the product and technique by Line-X is so much better. I was detailed oriented at the Detroit Auto Show 1 week later and I can honestly say I agree with that small business owner.

Now, if the weather was on my side...
Jerry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:29 AM   #15
atkinsb3

I had a Line-X put in my 2002 Tundra right after I bought it and wouldn't have another truck without the spray-in bedliner.
My 2017 Titan came with one from the factory which was one of the selling points to me.

Bill and Kathy
2018 Passport 2670BH "Bubbles"
2017 Titan Crew Cab "Thirsty Lady"
atkinsb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:33 AM   #16
pdaniel

My current truck is the first with a spray-in liner-factory applied and I am satisfied with it. However, I did put a rubber mat on the floor of the bed to keep the liner from abrading items I put in the bed-jug of DEF, plastic totes, etc.
pdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:54 AM   #17
Peacemkr53

Bedliner

I have a 2015 RAM 2500 w/6.7 TD that is my TV. I have used Ziebart as a rustproofing for decades with excellent results. They own the Rhino liner product. I bought the truck new and had the liner installed at the Ziebart shop. It is rock solid - if it chips they simply fix it.
Peacemkr53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:59 AM   #18
GrumpyG

Highly recommend Line-X. Last plastic liner I had rubbed the paint off the bed anywhere it touched.

GrumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:01 AM   #19
tri-five

2017 Silverado 3500 bed liner.

My 2017 Silverado 3500 has the factory bedliner and hitch platform. It looks very nice, but is VERY slick. It is useless for cargo retention. Items in the bed slide more on the liner than a comparable painted surface. I have to use an additional mat in the current truck to keep items in place. My previous trucks had Linex and Rhino. Both are excellent products. In both of those cases, the dealership arranged installation locally before delivery. Prices are comparable with the factory option.
tri-five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:07 AM   #20
locomech

I've had Line-X liners in my last three trucks and have had no problems with any of them. My current truck is a 2013 and I paid around $800 to have it done. I never bothered to look into the Rhino brand because the Line-X dealer is just a few miles from my house, so I can't comment on which is better. I did have a plastic insert on one of my trucks and will never do that again. If it weren't so expensive I'd like to have the whole underside of my truck sprayed to protect it from the salt used on the roads during the winter months here in the midwest.
locomech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed