Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2019, 08:39 AM   #36
KC10Chief

I have the Harbor Freight Predator 3500 inverter generator. It's fantastic and every bit as good as the Honda. About 12 years ago, I had two of the Honda EU2000i generators and I'd run them in parallel so I could run my AC when I was boon docking. They ran great, were super reliable, quiet and sipped the gas. Never had an issue with them. I sold them after I sold my travel trailer. Now that we have a new trailer, I bought the Predator 3500 after reading all about it. It is just as quiet as my Hondas were. It started on the first pull when I filled it with gas and oil. It also has electric start. 30A RV plug on the front. You can run two of them in parallel if you really need that too. It has wheels and a brake to keep it from rolling away. It's heavy. About 100 pounds. As for the warranty, it comes with a 90 day warranty. However, I was able to extend it to a two year warranty for $129 if I remember right. It is on sale all the time too. I got it for $659. I'd say it's on sale at least once a month. Less than $800 for an awesome generator with a two year warranty. You can't beat that deal and there's no way I'd spend three times as much for the Honda for the same end result.
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator