Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2018, 10:16 AM   #1
KHBama

New Tires

Just got some Trailer King II tires, 10 ply E rated installed on our Laredo. Anyone using these or used these in the past? $400 installed seemed like an ok deal
KHBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:24 AM   #2
Bolo4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHBama View Post
Just got some Trailer King II tires, 10 ply E rated installed on our Laredo. Anyone using these or used these in the past? $400 installed seemed like an ok deal
Stand by...
Bolo4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:33 AM   #3
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Just have to ask, did you do a search on here before you bought the TK's? These are the tires everyone is running away from to get them off their trailer. YMMV. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:16 AM   #4
KHBama

Ran away from Trailer King D rated tires. Found nothing but good reviews online about the E rated tires. Guess we shall see
Old 02-03-2018, 12:00 PM   #5
notanlines

Okay, I'll bite. Why did you come on here asking for acceptance and support for buying four TK tires when fully one fourth of the threads on this site tell you not to?
(I didn't want to disappoint Bolo, he has popcorn to eat)
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:19 PM   #6
KHBama

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Okay, I'll bite. Why did you come on here asking for acceptance and support for buying four TK tires when fully one fourth of the threads on this site tell you not to?
(I didn't want to disappoint Bolo, he has popcorn to eat)
A) didn’t ask for acceptance
B) I don’t spend all my time on here and used search and got a bunch of threads with nothing about the E rated tires
Old 02-03-2018, 12:19 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Tempers don't need to flair. Hold your breath, count to ten and if necessary, repeat......

I just popped a new batch too.... laissez le bon temps rouler

There are 12 parades in the New Orleans area today and 5 or 6 more tomorrow... Might as well eat popcorn here since I can't catch beads this year.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:23 PM   #8
KHBama

Sorry I asked a question guys, my bad. Just move along
Old 02-03-2018, 12:30 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Let's do a little comparison: If every comment about Ford F250's on the forum was negative and there were no negative comments about the Ford F350, would you buy one based on that "reporting"???

Reading literally "hundreds" of negative reports of TK LRD tires, is there any "assurance that the LRE is better" ???

You've got the tires now, I do hope they serve you well, but they are the same product (in a different size) that everyone is expressing dissatisfaction with service. YMMV

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 01:11 PM   #10
Javi

Like my old daddy used to say... life is a series of tests, sometimes you pass and sometimes you fail.. the object is to avoid finding your name in the obits

Javi
Old 02-03-2018, 01:19 PM   #11
Bolo4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHBama View Post
A) didn’t ask for acceptance
B) I don’t spend all my time on here and used search and got a bunch of threads with nothing about the E rated tires
Something else to keep in mind. You did a search but didn't really find any info, here, on the E rated TK tires, however, the info you likely read was not very good, when it comes to the TK tires in general. It has been pointed out, the TK tires are built amongst various factories wherever, and are subject to the quality control of whomever is working the shift when a given batch of tires is made. The D rated molds are probably sitting across the isle from the E rated molds, in the same facility. More then likely, the same factory also produces tires for any number of different brands, by simply changing the name in the mold.

Carlisle tires are built in their self-owned facility, and their inspectors and quality control people are their own employees. So the quality control is much higher and more stringent than a "generic" factory producing hundreds/thousands of tires for different re-sellers.

We all like to bargain shop and if we can find the exact same widget at store B for less money than store A, then store B wins. Same holds true for tires, with the exception of the tire quality itself. Yes Walmart sells the Carlisle tires in a given size for $67, which may or may not include install at the Walmart where purchased. Some people wince at the idea of buying the tire at Walmart, because it ~could~ be a second or... ??

However, If you order them on-line, and have them shipped to the store, it is almost certain you will receive the tire from the same stack of tires the local tire shop receives their tires from, when ordering from the regional wholesaler.

With any luck, your TK tires will serve you well for your application, and when its time for new tires once again, you'll purchase the tires you feel best suit your need and budget.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:00 PM   #12
KHBama

Really appreciate the informative response, Thank you. Maybe I’ll get good use out of them for a bit. Will keep Carlisle HD in mind for next time
Old 02-03-2018, 02:39 PM   #13
Ductape

Our Keystone Bullet came with Trailer King tires. I figure.... how bad can they be if they are tire royalty ????

Ductape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 02:47 PM   #14
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

I had TK E's on my Impact. Ran them for a year and about 7000 miles. No issues, but I pushed my luck enough. Before last year's Michigan trip, I replaced them with Carlisles. They have been flawless. TK'S just have a bad reputation of disentigrating. I really do hope yours give you good service and life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 04:19 PM   #15
notanlines

Let's also keep in mind that we're just responding to a simple question. I said I'll bite, but not looking to do anything but sort of raise the hackles of a fellow member a little and further the info available to other members for future use. I think I've referred to this as "poking a stick through the fence at a barking dog." We are allowed to differ in opinions and should show a little respect in doing so. Bama guy, I hope you take my comment in the manner in which it was intended.
After all, I am glad that the Tide nipped the Bulldogs back in January.....oops, there's that stick again.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:11 AM   #16
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo4u View Post
Something else to keep in mind. You did a search but didn't really find any info, here, on the E rated TK tires, however, the info you likely read was not very good, when it comes to the TK tires in general. It has been pointed out, the TK tires are built amongst various factories wherever, and are subject to the quality control of whomever is working the shift when a given batch of tires is made. The D rated molds are probably sitting across the isle from the E rated molds, in the same facility. More then likely, the same factory also produces tires for any number of different brands, by simply changing the name in the mold.

Carlisle tires are built in their self-owned facility, and their inspectors and quality control people are their own employees. So the quality control is much higher and more stringent than a "generic" factory producing hundreds/thousands of tires for different re-sellers.

We all like to bargain shop and if we can find the exact same widget at store B for less money than store A, then store B wins. Same holds true for tires, with the exception of the tire quality itself. Yes Walmart sells the Carlisle tires in a given size for $67, which may or may not include install at the Walmart where purchased. Some people wince at the idea of buying the tire at Walmart, because it ~could~ be a second or... ??

However, If you order them on-line, and have them shipped to the store, it is almost certain you will receive the tire from the same stack of tires the local tire shop receives their tires from, when ordering from the regional wholesaler.

With any luck, your TK tires will serve you well for your application, and when its time for new tires once again, you'll purchase the tires you feel best suit your need and budget.
Bolo4u, do you have stock in Walmart or Carlisle, has to be one as you keep insisting people buy them with free shipping @ $67 ea. Lol! Just joking as I borrowed that stick Sourdough had.
As for KHBama and his TKs, he might get lucky and have bought a set that gives him good service, hopefully he stays on here and keeps us informed on how they do!
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 07:53 AM   #17
Bolo4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinner12002 View Post
Bolo4u, do you have stock in Walmart or Carlisle, has to be one as you keep insisting people buy them with free shipping @ $67 ea. Lol! Just joking as I borrowed that stick Sourdough had.
As for KHBama and his TKs, he might get lucky and have bought a set that gives him good service, hopefully he stays on here and keeps us informed on how they do!

Show me where I insist people buy anything from anywhere... I’ll wait. I just shared my experience. I won’t tell you what you can do with that stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-05-2018, 11:08 AM   #18
pawpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Tempers don't need to flair. Hold your breath, count to ten and if necessary, repeat......

I just popped a new batch too.... laissez le bon temps rouler

There are 12 parades in the New Orleans area today and 5 or 6 more tomorrow... Might as well eat popcorn here since I can't catch beads this year.....
Throw me something Mister!!!
Old 02-05-2018, 12:00 PM   #19
Tinner12002

[QUOTE=Bolo4u;272198]Show me where I insist people buy anything from anywhere... I’ll wait. I just shared my experience. I won’t tell you what you can do with that stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE

Ok so you didn't insist maybe but you keep mentioning it, anyhow, just funning with ya anyway, nothing serious on my end!
Besides, already gave that stick back to sourdough!
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:20 PM   #20
Tooth Ferry

TK tires

Had to replace all 4 at less than 3500 miles. As we started to leave on a trip I saw that one had thrown a 6 x 12 piece of tread. When I went to the local TK dealer to get a replacement he examined the others and showed me where the other 3 were about to do the same, big bubbles under the tread. Watch them very carefully and have the dealer you bought them from check them regularly. We go across PikeRd often between Pell City and Seagrove Fl.
Tooth Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires