Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2018, 07:33 AM   #1
lewy64

Passport 2520rl tv mount backing

I have a 2018 passport 2520rl and would like to put a different tv and mount in the living area of the trailer. I dont know anything about the mount backing in the wall and what I type of mount I can use on the wall. I have a (dont laugh) 50" samsung that i want to install there. Now I know the tv opening that is there is made for a 32" or slightly larger, but I was going to use a mount that pulls out like the one that is there now and simply use it 2-3" out from the cabinet. I had planned on also getting a mount that allows the tv to be taken off easily for traveling purposes. This would remove the stresses of travel on the mount and wall. The tv is 26 lbs.

How is the framing and backing in that wall constructed? Are there 2x2 framing studs in there that a normal tv mount can connect to? If so are they medal or wood, im assuming aluminum because the trailer is an ultralight. I dont know if my tv will simply connect to the mount that is there now, but that mount does not allow easy removal of the tv. How big is the actual tv backing?

Any info would be appreciated.

Greg
lewy64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
passport, tv mount