Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2013, 03:34 AM   #21
robo

As far as other major repairs ac fridge ect youtube and ebay are great places to spend time to resolve them
robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #22
AnolaBob

Joining the cracked Lino club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBake View Post
Well...it's unfortunate but I get to join the club too. Entering the trailer for the first time since putting away for the winter, I found, to my dismay, the lino is cracked down the middle from front to back. Not impressed.
Has anyone thought about replacing the lino with laminate flooring?
All I need is another project this spring.
DBake
I wrote about my cracked flooring in main/repair section last week. Steve c1070 also suggested laminate. I think that is a good way to hide the corners and cabinet edges that might show with a new Lino. Once the snow stops here I will replace the flooring with "a quality laminate".
2013 Ram 2500 Cummins Larimie Longhorn
2013 Can Am 1000 XMR, T4S tracks and 2011 XTP quads, snow plow
'68 Chevy Pickup w/502
Bud and Blu, the black dogs
AnolaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #23
AlCorr

First, I'd like to say sorry to hear about your problem with the sheet vinyl cracking. After being a floor covering installer for 30 plus years, the only time I've seen a floor crack like that was old dried out sheet vinyl.

Second, have you every seen how they put trailers and 5er's together. They start with the floor, lay the sheet vinyl over the floor and down the sides, staple or glue it to the sides only, then they add the outside walls. If they cut any holes in the sheet vinyl for pipes or heater vents, they put a little glue around the hole. The reason they don't glue the whole floor is because it would mirror any joints in the sub floor and all the fastener used to hold the sub flood down. They could use a floor patch on the sub flooring and a full glue down on the sheet vinyl install, but this would add more weight to the trailer, also the floor patch would crack going bump de bump down the road. They do make special floor patch that is flexible that will move with the sub floor, but has to be thicker and again add more weight, also a lot more $$.

Laminate flooring, wood flooring (glue down or floating) can be used to replace sheet vinyl but again, more weight and $$.
New Bedford, MA
https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...R/IMG_1198.jpg
AlCorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:59 AM   #24
Terry W.

Vinyl floor damage

Well here I go with a flooring issue. We picked up our Avalanche 330RE a year ago the end of April 2012. We camped 53 nights in that first year. We have not had any real warranty issues. A mark was growing in the kitchen vinyl flooring. First I figured it was a pebble under the slide. Well it contuines to grow. My dealer, Tom Johnson Camping Center in Marion, NC, Mike my service writer is trying to get Keystone to replace the vinyl flooring, adjust slide up and pay for super slide tracks. He says it a scre that is backed(ing) out causeing thr damage & no fault of mine.
My concern is that now the flooring will be cut and piece-milled back together. They will put quarter round around cabinets but unsure what they will do at the joint with the carpet.
Wainting on answer from Keystone I'll keep you'll informed
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #25
Terry W.

Smile

OK Update. I heard back from Tom Johnson Camping Center and Keystone is going to cover the repairs to the kitchen flooring and slide adjustment. Parts oare on order when the get to dealer we set up repair time.
Pickens, SC
Old 05-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #26
Terry W.

Well here we go. It's been 5 weeks now since I took camper in for flooring damage and adjustment. Dealer said they would call me when flooring came in from Keystone. Well 1st story is it came in wrong patteren. Second story was it would be in yesterday so appointment was made to have in replaced Friday 5/24. And yes you guessed it no flooring yet they hope it will come in this week. Bottom line is a four day holiday weekend at home. Now who is talking junk the dealer or Keystone, will never know.
Pickens, SC
Old 05-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #27
gepaine

Had Similar Problem.

We had a similar problem with our Cougar TT. A subfloor screw was backing out and pushing up on the underside of the lino. Luckily, we spotted it before it damaged the lino.

I cut a flap in the underside of the trailer directly below the offending screw. I then re-tightened the screw and added a nylon washer and nut to the screw to keep it from backing out again. Seems to have solved the problem.

2011 Keystone Cougar 24RKS
2007 Cadillac Escalade
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
Past Trailer:
Forest River R-POD RP-175
Past Tow Vehicle:
2008 Toyota Sienna
gepaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:37 AM   #28
Terry W.

Well I have learned that Keystone is not going to replace the entire kitchen are flooring only cut out the damaged area, match pattern and I guess glue a replacement section. Not real sure I like this idea. A screw, I'm told, has backed out causing the damage. Being the ref. is in the slide I worried about about the weight roll across this kind of repair and it working loose or rolling up on the edges. I'm kind of thinking to just get loose screw fixed, slide adjusted and put up with the mark in the floor.
Pickens, SC
Old 05-19-2013, 04:45 AM   #29
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry W. View Post
Well I have learned that Keystone is not going to replace the entire kitchen are flooring only cut out the damaged area, match pattern and I guess glue a replacement section. Not real sure I like this idea. A screw, I'm told, has backed out causing the damage. Being the ref. is in the slide I worried about about the weight roll across this kind of repair and it working loose or rolling up on the edges. I'm kind of thinking to just get loose screw fixed, slide adjusted and put up with the mark in the floor.
Terry,

Have you posted a pic and location of this problem? I have the same year/model as you and I would be interested in inspecting ours for the same problem.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #30
Terry W.

Hey SAD
If I was smart enough I'd post a pic. The damage in directly below the ice box. I first was think it was a little rock under the slide but it is growing. Dealer says a screw and back out and said it would only get worse.
Pickens, SC
Old 06-02-2013, 05:17 AM   #31
Terry W.

Angry

OK latest update we took our unit 2.5 hours to North Carolina and no flooring. Keystone story is they have changed patterns and having trouble getting old pattern. Well I feel they, Keystone & dealer should replace entire kitchen are flooring and get my unit back. It now has been a 50 day ongoing story.Like I told Tom Johnson Camping Center I know we did not buy a quater million dollar class A but it's not a pop up either. If I wanted Camping World treatment I would have bought from them. So I'm not sure if it is really a Keystone or Dealer issue but here we go. The real disappointing thing is this is the only warrenty issue I'm asking to be fixed. I'm an aircraft mechanic and took care of all other little issues, I like learning about our unit anyway. I have left voice mail and message and no return call from service writer so I send email to all people i could find email address for at dealer including Tommy Johnson so we see what happens.
Pickens, SC
Old 06-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #32
Bob Landry

IANAL, but unless the warranty has provisions that are excluded by state law, and in some states that may happen. the written warranty that your received when you signed on the buyer's line should constitute a contractual agreement between you and Keystone and should not be subject to vendor/material acquisition issues that Keystone might be experiencing. if it has been determined that the problem was not due to lack of maintenance or neglect on your part, they should fix it and haggle the bill out between themselves later.

That being said and considering how cheap sheet vinyl is, I would go buy the stuff, install it myself and move on with my camping season rather than have my trailer tied up for an indefinite period of time.

Keystone has certainly exhibited a propensity to getting out of warranty issues, and it all adds up. Although I am happy with my trailer, I consider myself lucky to have had only minor issues and that I had the ability to fix them myself. Unfortunately everyone does not have the mechanical and electrical aptitude or the tool resources to do that. Because of these types of issues that I've read on this forum, I'm certainly looking to a different manufacturer in the event there is a next trailer in my future.

I think I would go a step further and also consider a different dealer for the next purchase. Your dealer is the only person that Keystone is going to deal and it doesn't sound like he has done much in your behalf.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #33
Terry W.

Hey Bob
That sounds like what I'm going to have to do. Thanks for the reply. The email I send also included one of the owners sons so we see what happens this week. I'm off work this comming friday so I may be going to Marion, NC to reclaim our Avalanche. To me it's crazy this is the only thing we have asked them to fix, glad is was not a major issue.
Pickens, SC
Old 06-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #34
Terry W.

Well todays story. Now mind you his was after my email and facebook posting. Service writer called said vinyl came in Friday for the repair. But he sees in my email I would like the whole area replace so they are going back to Ketstone to see if they will replace the whole. It was my understand that was first request of Keystone. Oh well so we wait some more.
Pickens, SC
Old 06-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #35
Terry W.

Well we got the answer from Keystone I figured we get. They will not replace the entire floor covering just repaire the damaged are. Keystone said it is a rubber backed vinyl and the repair will last forever. The dealer said he got this from Keystone in email form. So of course I have asked for a copy of said email. Now waiting for repairs to be completed.
Pickens, SC

Tags
crack, damage, floor, linoleum, winter